Christmas Pressies

Ayrshire Chris

With Christmas fast approaching we were thinking about what to get for folks. We don’t fancy visiting shopping centres etc. We thought it might be appropriate to support local businesses in our town by giving vouchers that can be spent in their shops, pubs and restaurants. We are in a tourist spot and businesses have obviously had a hard time this year . This is something maybe others could consider especially those who live in smaller towns and communities.  Of course it’s different with kids, they will still need their toys and selection boxes 👍(that we can raid!).  Another idea is to give to those charities that maybe you already support .  As usual Wateraid will get our support, instead of posting  cards we will just e mail friends and explain our Xmas donation to wateraid, of course with a link for them to possibly give a few more quid.!  

Edit!  We will make an exemption for the official Glastonbury store😁, fancy some of the new range!

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

I completely agree with the sentiment of the post but vouchers could be a dodgy one this year with so many companies struggling. No guarantee the vouchers will be able to be spent I guess.

It is a vicious circle in that sense, companies are struggling so need people to buy vouchers but people don't want vouchers as the companies are struggling so they don't have faith in being able to spend the vouchers!

2 hours ago, northernringo said:

I completely agree with the sentiment of the post but vouchers could be a dodgy one this year with so many companies struggling. No guarantee the vouchers will be able to be spent I guess.

It is a vicious circle in that sense, companies are struggling so need people to buy vouchers but people don't want vouchers as the companies are struggling so they don't have faith in being able to spend the vouchers!

Get your point but hopefully we will chose pubs restaurants and shops locally that have kept going albeit with much less income, those who for instance currently are offering a take away service . Local Outlets that I am confident will still be around. They suffered during the summer due to lack of tourism . We also know quire a few of the staff personally sothat would help them.  Reckon these vouchers would be more welcome than m and s ones! 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris