AOTY 2020 (music publications)

FloorFiller

Just listened to 6 music revealing their list on BBC iPlayer.

The BC Camplight and Nadine Shah songs they played feel like classics to me already, find it crazy to think they came out this year.

Hadn't heard the Cornershop song before, but it sort of felt like a modern take on the Kinks. I really liked it, will need to try to listen to the rest of the album.

12 hours ago, found home in 2009 said:

Just listened to 6 music revealing their list on BBC iPlayer.

The BC Camplight and Nadine Shah songs they played feel like classics to me already, find it crazy to think they came out this year.

Hadn't heard the Cornershop song before, but it sort of felt like a modern take on the Kinks. I really liked it, will need to try to listen to the rest of the album.

I've tried to listen to the Cornershop one but it has some weird sounds in it that make my dogs bark!! Next time I'm off for a walk by myself I'll have to listen to it because it causes chaos in the house!! 

2 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I've tried to listen to the Cornershop one but it has some weird sounds in it that make my dogs bark!! Next time I'm off for a walk by myself I'll have to listen to it because it causes chaos in the house!! 

Have they heard Fetch The Bolt Cutters? That has actual dogs barking and my dog goes mad for it.

32 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Have they heard Fetch The Bolt Cutters? That has actual dogs barking and my dog goes mad for it.

Yes and for once strangely not bothered by it. Normally they react to all animal noises and if they see them on tv they have to go out to the garden to investigate. They were gifted with looks not brains :D

3 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

My bad decided to listen to it again today as hadn't listened to it in a while and they both went nuts. Must have just been lucky before and played it at times when they were too tired to care or more likely Nuala the instigator of most barking wasn't around!! 

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Back in the day Been Caught Stealin' was known to send my dog apoplectic.

It's funny the things that set them off but always amazes me that after all these years they still think it's worth going out in the garden to try and find the source of the noise. 

13 hours ago, dentalplan said:

There is a high frequency note on Ambient 1: Music for Airports that will make a dog shit where it is standing.

I think I'll avoid that one then unless I play it to them outside in which case that could be genius. You don't happen to know the name of the track do you?? 

On 11/24/2020 at 4:19 PM, Kalopsia said:

Most of the albums I was excited for this year I've been unfortunately dissatisfied with The Strokes, Haim, Tame Impala and Idles are a few examples. 

The Strokes en HAIM surpassed my expectations actually. The New Abnormal and Women In Music Pt III are definitely on my AOTY list.

Agree on IDLES and Tame though.

1 hour ago, misterplow said:

The Strokes en HAIM surpassed my expectations actually. The New Abnormal and Women In Music Pt III are definitely on my AOTY list.

Agree on IDLES and Tame though.

I like the Tame Impala album as background music whilst I'm working. Though that's kind of damning it with faint praise, as part of the reason I find it good to work to is it never really fully grabs your attention.

Definitely preferred their earlier stuff. Ironically, tame probably is a good word to describe the recent album. Needs more impala :)

Edited by found home in 2009

Given it looks like I'm going to be doing the square root of feck all this Christmas is anyone keen for doing the eFestivals albums and tracks of the year thing again?

As previous I'll start the thread, do the counting and post the forums top tens around Christmas Eve. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3