Fresh and Black tents really suitable for warm weather?

dulcificum

There are a lot of anecdotal reviews of this tent keeping cool in the summer but they are all looking at UK summers.

I'll be taking one of these tents for several festivals in warmer climates (think SE Asia, Mexico, Portugal) in the summer where there is little shade available and temperatures are regularly 35C or greater.

My main concern is that there is no mesh on the inner for the blackout so ventilation will be very poor. And the only positive reviews have not looked at anything more extreme than a British heatwave.

Does anyone have any experience whether it actually works under these conditions?

Whilst I haven't used my F&B tent outside the UK, I would have thought that it would be more effective overseas than here. Its main feature is the reflective white flysheet, and so the stronger the sun (such as in Spain or Portugal) the more it will reflect. Decathlon is a European shop, and so they do sell their tents in warmer countries than the one we live in. If you look at the reviews on their website, and skip past the UK ones, you can find the reviews left by buyers (in their native languages) from other countries.

Just to say about the ventilation, I went for the pop-up version which had large flaps you could lift on either side. I am unsure, particularly with the basic Arpenaz model, how effective the ventilation is on the other tents. The pictures of the more traditional designs show a gap between the ground and flysheet all the way around, which may allow air to circulate, but I'm not sure.

7 minutes ago, FrankieX said:

Whilst I haven't used my F&B tent outside the UK, I would have thought that it would be more effective overseas than here. Its main feature is the reflective white flysheet, and so the stronger the sun (such as in Spain or Portugal) the more it will reflect. Decathlon is a European shop, and so they do sell their tents in warmer countries than the one we live in. If you look at the reviews on their website, and skip past the UK ones, you can find the reviews left by buyers (in their native languages) from other countries.

Just to say about the ventilation, I went for the pop-up version which had large flaps you could lift on either side. I am unsure, particularly with the basic Arpenaz model, how effective the ventilation is on the other tents. The pictures of the more traditional designs show a gap between the ground and flysheet all the way around, which may allow air to circulate, but I'm not sure.

yes the bigger ones have vents too to allow for air circulation 

Mine has mesh and vents to allow airflow. I have used mine in hot climates in various countries (although Glastonbury last year was on par with most of them) while still hot it was heaps better than my friends standard tent.