• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Any chance we'll get an announcement of some surnames before Christmas?

Reckon Angel went on holiday to the Breacon Beacons during lockdown and decided it was the place for her 

I've updated my speculative line up. It looks like there are a fair few non-UK based acts being announced for things in Aug/Sep so there are a few below as a result. New names not on the original line

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Not sure why I thought Dry Cleaning were Irish!? You’d expect them to be there in that case. Probably lowish down in Far Out or middle of the day Walled Garden?

I'd think they'd be a bit higher than that, they've just appeared on Later With Jools and 6 Music Festival and the London date on their just announced tour is at the Forum.

9 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

I'd think they'd be a bit higher than that, they've just appeared on Later With Jools and 6 Music Festival and the London date on their just announced tour is at the Forum.

Crikey yeah fair play. I saw Car Seat Headrest play there around the same time as when they headlined the Far Out stage! 

First time I’ve read comments about festivals being made by Drakeford, and not bad but not great. Positive that he thinks they may be able to go ahead but not so great that we will have to wait until the beginning of June to find out.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/mark-drakeford-indicates-earliest-date-20305058

1 hour ago, ShakeyCrash said:

First time I’ve read comments about festivals being made by Drakeford, and not bad but not great. Positive that he thinks they may be able to go ahead but not so great that we will have to wait until the beginning of June to find out.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/mark-drakeford-indicates-earliest-date-20305058

So pretty much the same as in England, where the final go-ahead is waiting on the report stemming from the upcoming DMCS trial events which is also not expected until June.

Edited by SweepingTheNation

Saw this. They appear to rule Dry Cleaning out. I don’t know whether that means they have a lineup in place without them, or that there won’t be a truce between EOTR and Green Man to share all those British acts.

"Should we be able to go ahead."

I'm beginning to think it won't be. Vaccine stalling, noises from SAGE about a third wave. I don't want to be negative but from being stupidly excited about August festivals being on I'm now beginning to doubt they'll happen at all.

Cases are currently low and still dropping fast, we've vaccinated loads and we really should be able to get back to normality in the summer but I just don't trust the government to allow it. 

6 hours ago, benali said:

"Should we be able to go ahead."

I'm beginning to think it won't be. Vaccine stalling, noises from SAGE about a third wave. I don't want to be negative but from being stupidly excited about August festivals being on I'm now beginning to doubt they'll happen at all.

Cases are currently low and still dropping fast, we've vaccinated loads and we really should be able to get back to normality in the summer but I just don't trust the government to allow it. 

I guess festivals and clubs will be the last to open, and I can’t see that happening this summer without the provision of vaccine passports and the concept of those isn’t exactly popular 

19 hours ago, rug568 said:

I guess festivals and clubs will be the last to open, and I can’t see that happening this summer without the provision of vaccine passports and the concept of those isn’t exactly popular 

Not for clubs etc - though that's what the upcoming test events are for - but I think it's a given that large scale outdoor events will see them as a necessity, it's been made pretty clear by the FA without being confirmed that fans attending the Euro games will need some kind of proof.

Also GM replied to someone yesterday that the lineup "should be landing soon" so they're not backing down just yet. And above all else I get the impression that the Government is set against moving the roadmap because now dates have been announced, unless something goes visibly wrong they know what the public reaction would be.

3 hours ago, Alex Winstone said:

Caribou, My Bloody Valentine, Mogwai

That would be too good

3 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

No Kiwanuka? 

But yes, this. Although i wonder if his tour moving to next year will affect things? But then one of his only 2021 shows being a festival headline set would stand out a little more perhaps

15 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

But yes, this. Although i wonder if his tour moving to next year will affect things? But then one of his only 2021 shows being a festival headline set would stand out a little more perhaps

He's still due to play Edinburgh in August. Seems like the safest bet to remain a headliner.

Okay so here's something i've been thinking about... quite a few festivals cancelling recently, mostly independent ones. Bluedot, Bearded Theory, Shambala, etc. However, Green Man is still sounding very optimistic on Twitter. Just earlier today to someone asking if the lineup will be similar to last years, they responded with "You'll have to wait and see! 😃".

But then, aren't they an independent festival as well? I just wonder whats making them feel so positive. Not that its a bad thing... would be wonderful to attend GM this year

Agreed that recent tweets are positive. 

I guess it’s difficult to lump independent festivals all in one boat? GM may have a lot more cash than other independent festivals (no idea if that’s true or not). Perhaps GM are more comfortable with issuing deposits to key suppliers/artists despite the uncertainty as a result.

I guess in theory there’s nothing that should stop GM taking place (as the situation currently stands) - it’s just the difficulties in unravelling what needs to happen now for a festival to take place down the road that must be so difficult for a small team like GM to work through. 

No idea really though why if GM does go ahead why Shambala/BT couldn’t considering they’re after GM but interested to hear other people’s thoughts. 

Edited by lessthanwill1
48 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

No idea really though why if GM does go ahead why Shambala/BT couldn’t considering they’re after GM but interested to hear other people’s thoughts. 

Surely being in Wales means that the situation can't be directly compared - the reasons given by Bearded and Shambala (and just about every other festival to have cancelled) amount to a lack of support / guidance / certainty coming from Westminster, whereas all the relevant aspects are devolved so the conversations Green Man are having with the Welsh Government could be entirely different.