Green Man 2021

Gilgamesh69

19 minutes ago, benali said:

Good morning from Settlers where the cloud is clinging to the tops of the hills.

Last night was fun. Met some people we haven't seen since GM 2019 and had a dance to Keys who were excellent. They threw in a cover of Geno and also played with 2 drummers which in my mind immediately makes them cool.

So many smiling faces around the camp, everyone just seems so happy to be here. 

IMG_20210817_092936.jpg

One of the drummers is Davey, the lead singer of Boy Azooga. Playing Mountain Stage on Friday. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, drunk pumpkin said:

Thanks for coming back. 40 minutes doesnt seem to bad going!

bit worse coming back!

is it a regular thing that people do. 

GM advice almost seems to discourage going off site (but then gives info on local attractions, figure that?!). I've been twice, and it definitely seemed a popular thing - nice cafes, delis / butchers / grocer, bookshops, an outdoor store - Crick is a pretty place and and it is a lovely walk. You can also go up an alongside the canal - the towpath stays dry and the path along the river not necessarily so.

3 minutes ago, riverlodge said:

GM advice almost seems to discourage going off site (but then gives info on local attractions, figure that?!). I've been twice, and it definitely seemed a popular thing - nice cafes, delis / butchers / grocer, bookshops, an outdoor store - Crick is a pretty place and and it is a lovely walk. You can also go up an alongside the canal - the towpath stays dry and the path along the river not necessarily so.

We drove off site yesterday and no one said anything.

When we arrived and got our covid wristbands they said "we are encouraging people to stay on site and minimise the number of times they leave this year."

1 hour ago, drunk pumpkin said:

Thanks for coming back. 40 minutes doesnt seem to bad going!

bit worse coming back!

is it a regular thing that people do. 

It’s well worth visiting Crickhowell. Lovely village/town and decent pubs too. Walk up to the mountain is fair easy too.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, mark_87 said:

To those already there.. How's the ground holding up? Does it seem to have potential to get full on muddy?

I don't have wellies..do they have a place to buy there?

Thanks

I’m guessing from the GM Instagram this morning that the ground is amazing. Rain is arriving when the rest of us do

F425917F-EE49-49BA-9FDB-4A217F5BE6EC.png

All the forecasts I'm looking at are different at the moment. Looks like we'll probably get some rain at some point, hopefully it's not too bad.

Another question from me - are secret sets likely? Where do they normally stick them if they do happen?

At moment looks like a bit of rain Thursday morning, and then dry till later on Saturday when a bunch of rain starts to move over the country from the west. Could mean loads of rain Saturday night and through Sunday, or a bit of rain sat night depending how quickly it's moving.. So might get a bit muddy on the Sunday.

1 hour ago, mark_87 said:

To those already there.. How's the ground holding up? Does it seem to have potential to get full on muddy?

Thanks

Not sure about this year, but it got pretty muddy (and bizarrely stank of rancid chicken) on the Friday in 2019, especially in the high traffic areas. I'd certainly want waterproof walking boots (or wellies) for that situation, but equally if you don't mind getting muddy then an old pair of trainers might suffice. The site does drain pretty well (they're used to rain!), so I wouldn't expect standing water.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mark_87 said:

Thanks

It's perfectly fine at the moment.

Zoom in on this picture I took from the top of Table Mountain earlier.

IMG_20210817_132447.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

7 minutes ago, JHad said:

Not sure about this year, but it got pretty muddy (and bizarrely stank of rancid chicken) on the Friday in 2019, especially in the high traffic areas. I'd certainly want waterproof walking boots (or wellies) for that situation, but equally if you don't mind getting muddy then an old pair of trainers might suffice. The site does drain pretty well (they're used to rain!), so I wouldn't expect standing water.

Pretty much this. If the bulk of the rain is Saturday night and Sunday then the ground will be fine until the last day. 

There's also a reasonable amount of concrete paths which help and the plastic walkways they lay down on other main foot traffic areas. 

4 minutes ago, benali said:

It's perfectly fine at the moment.

Zoom in on this picture I took from the top of Table Mountain earlier.

IMG_20210817_132447.jpg

great picture. Thanks for sharing!  

as someone who is only used to seeing Glastonbury it looks so small 🙂 

I'm really looking forward to having things close at hand

27 minutes ago, drunk pumpkin said:

great picture. Thanks for sharing!  

as someone who is only used to seeing Glastonbury it looks so small 🙂 

I'm really looking forward to having things close at hand

I've only been once in 2018, and to be fair it was dry - which helped massively - but I couldn't believe how easy it was to get around. It was a walk in the park comparatively! And so nice not to miss bands etc. simply because they're a 45 minute trudge away through clay!

2 hours ago, mark_87 said:

Thanks

In 2019 after it had properly pissed down on the Friday (it was a yellow weather warning if I remember rightly) it got a bit muddy outside the Courtyard by the toilets, on the way into the Walled Garden and going into Babbling Tongues. Other than that I don't remember it being that bad. 

• Upvote 1