Green Man 2021

Gilgamesh69

15 minutes ago, benali said:

Think that's pretty much all that anyone needs to see from the programme now. Don't want to deprive them of any revenue when the rest of you turn up on Thursday.

Bit concerned they might hunt me down and have a stern word, haha.

Thank you. Hope you get to enjoy a beer tonight and you are still dry when we all get there on Thursday.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Memory Man said:

A power bank is a Festival essential these days best £20 you will spend. Grab an Anker brand portable charger on amazon & never look back. I always laugh at the hundreds of ppl queing to charge their phone with EE at glasto. I bet they will want a fiver to charge your phone, pays for itself

Out of interest what's the phone signal like? Not expecting much

Camping question: I've got a Settlers' Pass, but not expecting to get there till Wednesday afternoon - will all the campsites be open by then? I normally tuck myself in near the radio cabin entrance between Mountain and Rising, and it would be good to be able to just set up once!

2 minutes ago, JamesLondon said:

Camping question: I've got a Settlers' Pass, but not expecting to get there till Wednesday afternoon - will all the campsites be open by then? I normally tuck myself in near the radio cabin entrance between Mountain and Rising, and it would be good to be able to just set up once!

General is 10am Thurs

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Out of interest what's the phone signal like? Not expecting much

I sat in my gazebo and streamed the last 30 minutes of today's Vuelta stage on my phone and it didn't glitch once so it's pretty damn good.

Whether that will change with an extra 20000 or so people here who knows but I think it's better than I remember.

8 minutes ago, JamesLondon said:

The rest of the site is roped off to Settlers until Thursday. If you are turning up on Wednesday and ask nicely they might let you?

• Like 1

The Green Man IPA is £5.50. It's alright, will give the mango one a go next time.

The best advice I can give so far is to go easy on the hand sanitiser that's around the toilets. It's that really gloopy stuff which you'll be spending 5 minutes slathering up your arms if you go for a full pump.

Well - i made it - it's never easy to get here..in fact it's hard work at best - so sorry i didn't send the program pictures early as planned - cheers tj thd guy who did 

I can however confirm that once here the feeling is incredible, the back drop is still jaw dropping and I am very happy 😃 

Rain or shine or having a great time 

• Like 1

It's my first time at Green Man (and going solo, eek!), looking for advice of where would be a good place to camp arriving Thursday evening. Can I expect Glasto levels of almost no camping space, arriving that late? Should I cut right across the site to the eastern/settlers side of the site or will general/quiet camping near orange car park be alright. Any advice on this is most welcome. Thanks.

Edited by waves

Good morning from Settlers where the cloud is clinging to the tops of the hills.

Last night was fun. Met some people we haven't seen since GM 2019 and had a dance to Keys who were excellent. They threw in a cover of Geno and also played with 2 drummers which in my mind immediately makes them cool.

So many smiling faces around the camp, everyone just seems so happy to be here. 

IMG_20210817_092936.jpg

• Upvote 1