Green Man 2021

Gilgamesh69

3 minutes ago, benali said:

No sign of Tiny Rebel in the ale line up. Maybe too big now they stock it in supermarkets?

There's 3 Green Man Growler ales this year. 

Won’t do too much to alleviate the FOMO, but could you possibly stick up a pic of the ale line up? A perennial highlight, and one of the things I’ll miss the most this year! 

1 hour ago, incident said:

Standon Calling, about 3 weeks ago?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I've been to a few of the real muddy glastonburys that were kind of ruined..like 97, that was horrible, especially as I really didn't have the right clothing for it. Took forever to walk anywhere. Infact there was talk of it being cancelled on first day, other stage sinking etc. And then 98 was also bad, just kept bloody raining hard all the time and we gave up and got out of there saturday morning (days before you needed tickets!). And then in 2005 when we had about a months rain in a few hours and there was a flooding and chaos the next morning. I mean, some people love all that...but I was just glad they were over...especially 97.

It’s Brecon Beacons so the area is well equipped to handle a lot of rain. Even the worst forecast is only for a little bit of rain. It might get a little muddy but it’s not going to be mud fest ‘21.

Bring waterproofs, bring wellies/good boots, bring a good tent. Then it’s party time

Edited by March Hare

25 minutes ago, benali said:

No sign of Tiny Rebel in the ale line up. Maybe too big now they stock it in supermarkets?

There's 3 Green Man Growler ales this year. 

I can cope with no Tiny Rebel (living two miles from the brewery helps), but no Andy's Loos is a shock to the system! Andy has been the hero of so many GMs 😄  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, stereodista said:

Won’t do too much to alleviate the FOMO, but could you possibly stick up a pic of the ale line up? A perennial highlight, and one of the things I’ll miss the most this year! 

+1 for this. Even though I wasn't there in 2019, I've read about certain beers running out (Tiny Rebel, looking at you) so have an irrational fear that with COVID / HGV disruption there will be none left by the time I get there, so at least looking at the list will help get the priority right upon arrival! 

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Also...is it better to take loads of cash, or is it easy to use contactless? And I assume there's phone charging there?

There are cash machines on site, I always take some cash just in case but I think most places will have card machines. There is phone charging in the courtyard and the lost and found tent.

• Thanks 1

A power bank is a Festival essential these days best £20 you will spend. Grab an Anker brand portable charger on amazon & never look back. I always laugh at the hundreds of ppl queing to charge their phone with EE at glasto. I bet they will want a fiver to charge your phone, pays for itself

Edited by Memory Man
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

A power bank is a Festival essential these days best £20 you will spend. Grab an Anker brand portable charger on amazon & never look back. I always laugh at the hundreds of ppl queing to charge their phone with EE at glasto. I bet they will want a fiver to charge your phone, pays for itself

I got one of these with £30 off back in Feb https://smile.amazon.co.uk/BEAUDENS-Portable-Generator-Phosphate-Emergency/dp/B07MC7TV2G.  Quality gear, a bit on the heavy side so decent rucksack required but will see you through a five day festival easy.

3 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

They'll be the replacements for the artists who had to pull out, announced on the socials recently. I guess things weren't finalised when the programmes were being printed.

That's what I thought, but then haven't those names been added to the Clashfinder in addition to these? I've only had a cursory glance though.