Green Man 2021

Gilgamesh69

Great job czuk, thanks!
TIIK and Lump clash isn't looking as bad as it was - might be able to see a bit of both.
The Caribou/Ross from friends overlap I think is my own personal worst, as I fully expect the end of the Caribou set to be outstanding and euphoric, but I also want to get my full fill of dance with RFF.

Are the cinema listings usually later in the week?  There's some great looking films in the line-up for Saturday morning

4 minutes ago, czuk said:

https://clashfinder.com/s/gm2021 - I've added Chai Wallahs for now

nice work. literally spotted that when I refreshed 5 mins ago. 👍

Not long to go!

Settlers.. keep sending those pics... you're making our Monday mornings very tolerable here.

As for the weather..  it seems that it looks as though intermittent light rain is on the cards which will obviously make ground slippy/soft enough but not a complete washout it seems. 

The countryfile weather was interesting yesterday in that they can't predict exactly what will happen as low and high pressure are on an even playing field it seems. I'm sure the picture will be clearer later today/tomorrow. Hopefully that high pressure dominance on Monday will creep in earlier on the Sunday.

Either way.. it's great being back in a field with great music and vibes.. Can't recall a festival ever been ruined by a bit of rain.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Ed90 said:

Great job czuk, thanks!
TIIK and Lump clash isn't looking as bad as it was - might be able to see a bit of both.
The Caribou/Ross from friends overlap I think is my own personal worst, as I fully expect the end of the Caribou set to be outstanding and euphoric, but I also want to get my full fill of dance with RFF.

Are the cinema listings usually later in the week?  There's some great looking films in the line-up for Saturday morning

The timings haven't been updated yet - someone called signorski is currently editing so hopefully they will do that, otherwise I'll try to edit it later - it's a nice distraction from actual work.

• Upvote 1

Just now, czuk said:

The timings haven't been updated yet - someone called signorski is currently editing so hopefully they will do that, otherwise I'll try to edit it later - it's a nice distraction from actual work.

Thanks for updating - signorski updated a lot of my typos and stuff so fingers crossed they're doing the big one for us 😛

So, it is a 14:15 start on Thursday! 

My coach has an ETA of 13:30, which will be very tight indeed. Best case is all on time, get the tent up, chuck the bags in and run to the stage! 

Could be a fair few people disappointed to miss Wet Leg. 

• Like 1

Hi Everyone! 

First time going to Green Man this week and will be in a campervan - so excited! Just wondering if anyone knew how far away the campervan field is from the main festival site? And roughly how long it would take you to walk to the the mountains foot main stage from there ?  

Praying to the weather gods for us all - see you down there! 

19 minutes ago, czuk said:

ImageSeen this posted on Twitter, might help someone.

cheers. Thinking of camping in Quiet Camping...going with family but my kid is a teenager so we won't be up at 8am but we won't be partying all night either (well, I won't).

Also...not that I'm obsessive or anything, but BBC forecast for Crickhowell has sort of improved for Friday and Saturday, but gone a bit downhill for Thursday and Sunday...so just shows that there's still a lot of uncertainty....

Tent is up, just having a wander.

Ground is wet in the long grass, not sure if it rained this morning or still dew. 

Andy's Loos seem to have been ditched in favour of those wooden doordrop style toilets. There's less than there were in Settlers last time.

They have more food stalls for settlers which weren't here before. Hurly Burly replaced by acoustic stage.

9 minutes ago, Alex Clarkson said:

Hi Everyone! 

First time going to Green Man this week and will be in a campervan - so excited! Just wondering if anyone knew how far away the campervan field is from the main festival site? And roughly how long it would take you to walk to the the mountains foot main stage from there ?  

Penmyarth Park is where the live-in vehicles live.  It's actually a minute or so less as you don't need to go via the A40.

Edit: think I might be slightly out with the Mountain Stage placement there, it's more where the G in Glanusk Park is

image.png.a2c22e3db0b63918bba74863e5078556.png

Edited by czuk
doofus
  • Like 1

Clashes aren't too bad for me. Hoping I can get a decent chunk of Kelly Lee Owens in after Caribou.

Thundercat vs Self Esteem is a bit of a shitter. Never managed to see a full Thundercat solo set, and probably seen Rebecca Taylor about 15-20 times across her two guises, but my partner is pretty much only into Self Esteem out of the whole lineup so that's what wins.

24 minutes ago, Alex Clarkson said:

Hi Everyone! 

I've certainly done it in less than 10mins. Bit longer going back maybe as it's uphill 😩

1 hour ago, markussnoopy said:

As for the weather..  it seems that it looks as though intermittent light rain is on the cards which will obviously make ground slippy/soft enough but not a complete washout it seems. 

The countryfile weather was interesting yesterday in that they can't predict exactly what will happen as low and high pressure are on an even playing field it seems. I'm sure the picture will be clearer later today/tomorrow. Hopefully that high pressure dominance on Monday will creep in earlier on the Sunday.

Either way.. it's great being back in a field with great music and vibes.. Can't recall a festival ever been ruined by a bit of rain.

That's exactly it. It's very much on a knife-edge and has been for a week or more, with no resolution. Tiny differences in initial conditions between model runs are giving wildly different outcomes a few days away (the butterfly effect in action, if anyone is interested!). If/when they settle down, I'll write a full forecast. 

In the mean time, the sensible advice for GM is to always pack waterproofs and boots; shorts and sun cream; lots of versatile layers; and a decent sleeping bag - it can get chilly at night!