Jump to content

Green Man 2021


Gilgamesh69

Recommended Posts

Can't believe it's just hours until I'll be at the gates to settle in for my first Green Man, been dying to go for so long:)

After poring over the lineup and making some amazing discoveries, I've got quite a list of people I'd absolutely love to see, and it looks as though it may be feasible judging via the clashfinder (just waiting to confirm with the programme tomorrow - I'll be sure to post if no-one has yet when I get mine!) 

I'd love to know if there's anyone amazing I'm missing / not on this list / who you're most excited to see! Here's my list... (slashes for clashes I'll solve at the time, and * for absolute must sees!)

*[insert entire thursday lineup here]
hanya
honeyglaze / JOHN
fenne lily
home counties
tiña
*sarathy korwar / *martha skye murphy
*nadine shah
lazarus kane / georgia
*greentea peng / *shame
caribou / ibibio sound machine
*cc's pop dungeon
*kelly lee owens
gonhill
gwenifer raymond
deliluh / c. finch & s. keita
tony njoku
*richard dawson
bc camplight
lump
*black midi
*do nothing
mogwai / jose gonzales / hen ogledd
giant swan
dutty disco
teddy hunter
lyr
matt maltese
blood wizard
*porridge radio
caroline
*thundercat
*fontaines
soul club
*overmono

So fucking excited! 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Back to this weather forecast malarky, BBC seem to be spreading the doom everywhere, while every other place I look (Met Office, Accuweather, Metcheck) all say a slight chance of a shower here and there, but basically nice and calm.

I'm minded to disregard BBC anyway as it currently says where I live (about an hour from site) that it is cloudy but I honestly can't see a cloud in the sky at the moment. Glorious morning. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, _Tommy_ said:

Back to this weather forecast malarky, BBC seem to be spreading the doom everywhere, while every other place I look (Met Office, Accuweather, Metcheck) all say a slight chance of a shower here and there, but basically nice and calm.

I'm minded to disregard BBC anyway as it currently says where I live (about an hour from site) that it is cloudy but I honestly can't see a cloud in the sky at the moment. Glorious morning. 

If you look at the detailed forecast on BBC where it says it’s going to be raining all day on Saturday it actually says that there’s a low chance of precipitation. They must be taking a scattergun approach to forecasting, “it’s going to rain at some point so if we just say it’s raining all day we’re bound to get it right at some point.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, copperbottom said:

Can't believe it's just hours until I'll be at the gates to settle in for my first Green Man, been dying to go for so long:)

After poring over the lineup and making some amazing discoveries, I've got quite a list of people I'd absolutely love to see, and it looks as though it may be feasible judging via the clashfinder (just waiting to confirm with the programme tomorrow - I'll be sure to post if no-one has yet when I get mine!) 

I'd love to know if there's anyone amazing I'm missing / not on this list / who you're most excited to see! Here's my list... (slashes for clashes I'll solve at the time, and * for absolute must sees!)

*[insert entire thursday lineup here]
hanya
honeyglaze / JOHN
fenne lily
home counties
tiña
*sarathy korwar / *martha skye murphy
*nadine shah
lazarus kane / georgia
*greentea peng / *shame
caribou / ibibio sound machine
*cc's pop dungeon
*kelly lee owens
gonhill
gwenifer raymond
deliluh / c. finch & s. keita
tony njoku
*richard dawson
bc camplight
lump
*black midi
*do nothing
mogwai / jose gonzales / hen ogledd
giant swan
dutty disco
teddy hunter
lyr
matt maltese
blood wizard
*porridge radio
caroline
*thundercat
*fontaines
soul club
*overmono

So fucking excited! 

My must sees are (in the order they are playing):

JOHN

Big Joanie

Wu-Lu

Nadine Shah

Afro Cluster

The Orielles

Black Midi

Do Nothing

Mogwai

Panic Shack

Snapped Ankles

I’m hoping to see:

PVA

Working Men’s Club

Nuha Ruby Ra

Modern Woman 

Sister Wives

Buzzard Buzzard Buzzard

Tiña

Boy Azooga

Los Bitchos

Goat Girl

Ibibio sound Machine

Sinead O’Brien

Gruff Rhys

Liz Lawrence

Hen Ogledd

The Golden Dregs

Blood Wizard

Crack Cloud

Porridge Radio

Dream Wife

Fontaines DC

Gwenno

 

Loads more that I wouldn’t mind catching but it would probably be quicker to say who I’m not interested in seeing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Cottsy said:

If you look at the detailed forecast on BBC where it says it’s going to be raining all day on Saturday it actually says that there’s a low chance of precipitation. They must be taking a scattergun approach to forecasting, “it’s going to rain at some point so if we just say it’s raining all day we’re bound to get it right at some point.”

Yeah, no one can really accurately say at this point when it will rain and how much...and to be fair to BBC they do give the chance of rain as a percentage. So, at moment it doesn't look like it will be a totally dry festival, but doesn't look a washout either (but I have seen a few scary forecasts for sunday).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cottsy said:

If you look at the detailed forecast on BBC where it says it’s going to be raining all day on Saturday it actually says that there’s a low chance of precipitation. They must be taking a scattergun approach to forecasting, “it’s going to rain at some point so if we just say it’s raining all day we’re bound to get it right at some point.”

If they bbc say 40% chance of rain I see it as 60% chance of no rain.
Sooooooo….

We’re going to have a dry festival ☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️

Arriving Wednesday evening 🍻🎉

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, czuk said:

Can't work out how to add Chai Wallahs to clashfinder.

 

Edit: NVM I read the instructions, quite helpful they were 😆

Which one are you editing? One I look at says it has* been updated for a while...

*hasn't is of course what I meant

Edited by _Tommy_
typo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...