Green Man 2021

Gilgamesh69

1 hour ago, Joll said:

Just in case anyone is interested, here's a Green Man specific weather forecast!

Great find and I really hope that's right, but it's still too far out to be anywhere near as confident as he was being! The models are still changing a fair bit from run to run, but are trending towards a positive forecast. 🤞

4 hours ago, JHad said:

LYR were one act I hadn't come across before but are becoming a must see for me. 

They REALLY remind me of an act from the 2019 line up, but I've not been able to place who that might be. 

Absolutely this. I can't imagine that they won't have Simon Armitage on stage with them. If they don't I'll go bloody ballistic. The album is so good...

Ben

• Upvote 1

Was working out earlier how much cash to take for settlers and the main fest and was wondering how close GM actually is to being cashless these days? I've never noticed how many food places/stalls/bars took card payments in the past, but it would simplify things a lot.

Feels really weird to be carrying cash around - don't think I've taken out more than £50 from a cash machine since the start of lockdown!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Obviously different festival but bluedot was cashless for basically everything 2 years ago. Contactless tech is everywhere now & im hoping not to use any cash but you’ve reminded me to take some just in case. To be fair mobile signal would be dreadful in a national park i expect which may limit ipads with izettle for the food unless they have a good wifi network onsite for traders

On 8/11/2021 at 9:55 PM, Keith Hurman said:

Hi! Hoping to get some advice please. We are staying in Pontypool and want to commute to and from the site each day - any suggestions on the quickest way to do this please?

I am guessing we are going to need to prebook some taxis, can pilot it on the Thursday, but if this is the best way is there a good drop off and pick up point? Or would park and ride be the only option for this?

I guess our other option is to get to Abergavenny and get the shuttle from there?

Any advice hugely appreciated! Thank you

Does anyone have any advice at all for me on this please? Even a good taxi firm to use or any advice on a “shortcut” / alternative entry we could get dropped off to and picked up from each day (after wristbands collected)

thanks so much

1 hour ago, Keith Hurman said:

Does anyone have any advice at all for me on this please? Even a good taxi firm to use or any advice on a “shortcut” / alternative entry we could get dropped off to and picked up from each day (after wristbands collected)

thanks so much

Surely taxis each day there and back would cost a fortune? Would probably be cheaper to hire a car for the weekend.

How about train from Pontypool to Abergavenny then taxi to the site? Not sure if shuttle buses run throughout the festival or if only Thursday/Friday and then Sunday/Monday return.

If they allow drop offs at the settlers/blue gate that's the closest one if you are coming from Abergavenny.

16 hours ago, Coupey said:

Was working out earlier how much cash to take for settlers and the main fest and was wondering how close GM actually is to being cashless these days? I've never noticed how many food places/stalls/bars took card payments in the past, but it would simplify things a lot.

Feels really weird to be carrying cash around - don't think I've taken out more than £50 from a cash machine since the start of lockdown!

I’m guessing everywhere will take card?

It would be good to know, as I was planning to be on the card all weekend!

3 hours ago, benali said:

Surely taxis each day there and back would cost a fortune? Would probably be cheaper to hire a car for the weekend.

How about train from Pontypool to Abergavenny then taxi to the site? Not sure if shuttle buses run throughout the festival or if only Thursday/Friday and then Sunday/Monday return.

If they allow drop offs at the settlers/blue gate that's the closest one if you are coming from Abergavenny.

Shuttle bus runs all weekend from the station I'm 99% sure

I'm off to settlers tomorrow 

I will get a program and send pics ASAP

I have been youtubing the bands I haven't seen snd im getting excited to see - Green tea Peng, Self esteem, Vanishing twin, Kelly lee owens, Thundercat, Fontaine's DC, Vanishing twin, ibibio sound system, Ross from friends, big joanie. los bitchos, jockstrap, DJ RAP, wu lu, Hannah holland, Nuba ruby ra... and i haven't checked out loads of other acts yet 

exciting 

• Thanks 4
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, VoxTunedDED said:

I'm off to settlers tomorrow 

I will get a program and send pics ASAP

I have been youtubing the bands I haven't seen snd im getting excited to see - Green tea Peng, Self esteem, Vanishing twin, Kelly lee owens, Thundercat, Fontaine's DC, Vanishing twin, ibibio sound system, Ross from friends, big joanie. los bitchos, jockstrap, DJ RAP, wu lu, Hannah holland, Nuba ruby ra... and i haven't checked out loads of other acts yet 

exciting 

Thanks so much in anticipation of your sending set times pics!

Don't forget Rising alongside the three main stages, will you?! I've got a hell of schedule to try to nail down!!

Have an amazing Settlement and we commoners will see you on Thursday!

Ben
x

4 minutes ago, SighMo said:

Think you may have; look now. 

Just checked a few and the worst seems to be either a few showers on Friday or Saturday?

Didn't look at BBC because I haven't bothered ever since it was chucking down with rain at the same time it was showing full on sun.

5 minutes ago, benali said:

Just checked a few and the worst seems to be either a few showers on Friday or Saturday?

Didn't look at BBC because I haven't bothered ever since it was chucking down with rain at the same time it was showing full on sun.

definitely gone down hill a bit...looked like we were heading for perfect festival conditions...not too hot, cloud and sun, dry...but now looks like could be getting some rain, although hopefully no stupid downpours and muddy shite.

I'm going to try and counteract you lot jinxing it from here on. 

Looks like it's going to be terrible conditions. Two out of three days non stop rain. Gale force winds. It's going to be muddy as hell and freezing cold. 

Edited by Ed90

5 minutes ago, Chazwozza said:

The Country file weather forecast didn’t fill me with joy.  But I suppose it didn’t cast me down into despondency either.   We now  need the semi legendary Azores Finger…

Last week they said there was settled and warm weather coming by now because the jetstream was moving. BBC forecasts have gone right down the pan since they stopped using Met Office.

8 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Just realised I forgot to buy a car park ticket...but you can buy on the door so hopefully I'm ok. Is the park and ride a good option?

P&R a good option if you can take all your kit in one go .. if you need more than one trip could be a bit of a pain.

• Thanks 1