Green Man 2021

Gilgamesh69

I put the tent up yesterday to have a proper check and all of the seam tapes were hanging from the outer fabric. 

Hoping a bit of Seamgrip will come to the rescue before GM! 😬

(very, very glad those storms just missed Latitude because I hadn't checked!) 

Hi! Hoping to get some advice please. We are staying in Pontypool and want to commute to and from the site each day - any suggestions on the quickest way to do this please?

I am guessing we are going to need to prebook some taxis, can pilot it on the Thursday, but if this is the best way is there a good drop off and pick up point? Or would park and ride be the only option for this?

I guess our other option is to get to Abergavenny and get the shuttle from there?

Any advice hugely appreciated! Thank you

9 hours ago, JHad said:

Was that at Studio9294? 

Heartbreakers in Southampton with Folly Group and Lazarus Kane which was a pretty ridiculous line up for a socially distanced gig in a small venue.

It was put on by the So Young guys who are local to here but also do a bunch of stuff in London.

45 minutes ago, benali said:

Heartbreakers in Southampton with Folly Group and Lazarus Kane which was a pretty ridiculous line up for a socially distanced gig in a small venue.

It was put on by the So Young guys who are local to here but also do a bunch of stuff in London.

Nice! We had the same three in London at Studio9294. I can't wait to see what PVA do in a proper set in Far Out after that. They seemed almost unrecognisable from themselves prior to Lockdown (in a good way and it's not like they were bad before either!). I just wish they were slightly later (maybe even an after dark set) for the full effect! 

12 hours ago, mph said:

Reluctantly one adult ticket for sale.

Price you all know but I'm open to offers.

Late sale due to broken hip, unfortunately not me, wish it was instead of my mum 

that is def sad news - good luck with your Mum, mine managed to do same last October (doing okay now, but it takes time at her age..)

1 hour ago, big__phil said:

I just had a thought - is there a chance the recent changes to the line up might have happened after the programmes went to print? Might need to take a pen next week if so!

I guess we'll find out on a Monday.

Oooh, possibly. I think we'll be lucky to get through the weekend without at least a couple of changes on the day regardless. 

Always take a pen! 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Fish Bulb said:

Hi all, first timer here.

I think this may have been effectively answered elsewhere but... is it easy and close to get back to the car for 2nd (or 3rd) trips in? Thanks in advance!

Ish, yes. Even if you’re at the further end of the far carpark, it’s eminently doable. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Fish Bulb said:

Hi all, first timer here.

I think this may have been effectively answered elsewhere but... is it easy and close to get back to the car for 2nd (or 3rd) trips in? Thanks in advance!

I have done in the past!  But this will depend on where you choose to camp and the later you arrive on the Thursday the longer your walk will be (probably no longer than 20-25 mins on way though I’d say worst case). 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MafD said:

Hello all. We managed to get two GM2021 tickets on the resale - hurrah!

I'm now looking to buy a campervan pass, if anyone knows of one for sale?

Thanks and see you in the fields

Maf

Hi Maf,

We've just listed our Campervan ticket for sale on fanticks at £100. Sadly we recently had to sell our van and are now going for a festival under canvas!

Here's the link - https://www.fanticks.com/listing/9313

Can't wait for this festival!

All the best,

Matt

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, FourTrackMatt said:

Hi Maf,

We've just listed our Campervan ticket for sale on fanticks at £100. Sadly we recently had to sell our van and are now going for a festival under canvas!

Here's the link - https://www.fanticks.com/listing/9313

Can't wait for this festival!

All the best,

Matt

Ah, sorry you had to sell your van.

Lucky me, though - just bagged your ticket. Brilliant... thanks for posting your reply here on the forum, Matt

Settlers line up has 2 stages again which is good so either the Hurly Burly is back or they've organised something different. Usual mix of Welsh bands with some others. I guess Jim Ghedi is a reasonable name to be playing Settlers. Had a quick listen to some of the line up. Keys should be excellent and a couple of others caught my attention.

Haress sound good.

https://haress.bandcamp.com/album/haress

Also Lila Tristram

https://lilatristram.bandcamp.com/album/our-friends-pts-i-ii

One more day to work, spend the weekend getting organised and then off we roll on Monday morning. So excited.

15 hours ago, benali said:

Settlers line up has 2 stages again which is good so either the Hurly Burly is back or they've organised something different. Usual mix of Welsh bands with some others. I guess Jim Ghedi is a reasonable name to be playing Settlers. Had a quick listen to some of the line up. Keys should be excellent and a couple of others caught my attention.

Haress sound good.

https://haress.bandcamp.com/album/haress

Also Lila Tristram

https://lilatristram.bandcamp.com/album/our-friends-pts-i-ii

One more day to work, spend the weekend getting organised and then off we roll on Monday morning. So excited.

Can recommend Keys, and Bandicoot as 2 bands worth a watch for those of you lucky enough to be heading down to Glanusk early. 

• Like 2

I don't have a car parking ticket bought in advance, do I just drive to the Orange car park? Given the last year I'm assuming it'll be possible to pay via card? Anyone know for sure? Cheers.

Also, niche offer, but if anyone wants a lift one-way from north Manchester (not leaving until about 3.30pm on Thursday sadly), give me a shout!

Edited by hughes18