Green Man 2021

Gilgamesh69

Just checked long term weather after the post earlier, looking absolutely perfect.

Come across bc camplight through the green man site playlist, some of those songs sound unbelievable.

Anyone seen them before and were they as good as they sound in studio?

If so then that should be a great afternoon.

You're right @Purple aki squat the forecast is improving everyday I look at it and although I'm sure it won't be 'right', the direction of travel has to tell us something....right!?

When do we start celebrating the weather forecast then? I'm opting for now, and if anyone comes back with "oh not until 2 days before", then I'm ignoring you. 

1 hour ago, big__phil said:

I think I'm looking at the wrong forecast...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2651986

if you gave me that now id snap your hand off very little rain, pleasantly warm in the day but not too hot and no sunburn, cool at night but expected given location and time of year but not hideously cold

Edited by Memory Man
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

if you gave me that now id snap your hand off very little rain, pleasantly warm in the day but not too hot and no sunburn, cool at night but expected given location and time of year but not hideously cold

Abso-bloody-lutely. 

Being a Wales dweller myself, that is high summer weather. Stick. 

11 hours ago, _Tommy_ said:

You're right @Purple aki squat the forecast is improving everyday I look at it and although I'm sure it won't be 'right', the direction of travel has to tell us something....right!?

When do we start celebrating the weather forecast then? I'm opting for now, and if anyone comes back with "oh not until 2 days before", then I'm ignoring you. 

Not until the Thursday morning! 😉

Yep, indications are good and dry weather in the build up is great news. Certainly much better than the past few weeks anyway, but it is the UK and indeed the Welsh mountains so anything can happen! 

I'll do a proper festival forecast early next week once the model outputs and ensembles begin to coalesce. 

Tirzah seems a bit of an odd choice for Thursday night headliner (appreciate it's a late swap). I'm enjoying her music a lot but it's incredibly mellow, seems a much more Walled Garden type thing. Previous years have always been pretty upbeat/something for everything in that slot, I thought PSB in 2018 were a perfect fit in that regard

Anyone seen her live? Does she ramp it up a bit?

1 hour ago, Memory Man said:

This is much better than MetCheck which is also improving but has a very wet Thursday currently forecast. I'd take generally dry any day though!

16 minutes ago, Placid-Casual said:

Tirzah seems a bit of an odd choice for Thursday night headliner (appreciate it's a late swap). I'm enjoying her music a lot but it's incredibly mellow, seems a much more Walled Garden type thing. Previous years have always been pretty upbeat/something for everything in that slot, I thought PSB in 2018 were a perfect fit in that regard

Working Men's Club would ideal to bump up to headline. I'll be at Jockstrap.

17 minutes ago, Placid-Casual said:

Saw her at EOTR in 2019 (I think it was). Music is good and several people on stage but felt a bit nervy and understated. I think it was her first festival and a friend saw her in Manchester on a tour subsequently and raved about it. 

16 hours ago, Purple aki squat said:

Just checked long term weather after the post earlier, looking absolutely perfect.

Come across bc camplight through the green man site playlist, some of those songs sound unbelievable.

Anyone seen them before and were they as good as they sound in studio?

If so then that should be a great afternoon.

He puts on a live show. He's a talker and a drinker!

14 minutes ago, big__phil said:

Working Men's Club would ideal to bump up to headline. I'll be at Jockstrap.

PVA a really viable option too for Thursday Far Out headliner under these circumstances. They've massively ramped up their live show recently. 

20 minutes ago, JHad said:

PVA a really viable option too for Thursday Far Out headliner under these circumstances. They've massively ramped up their live show recently. 

They were really good when I saw them last month. 

Will be strange going from seeing them in a seated venue of 35 people to a pretty rammed tent with a 500 or so.

3 minutes ago, Chazwozza said:

Yay!  Time for the GFS Ensembles and the NOAA Models?

Whatever they are...

Haha! Definitely not GFS, unless things have changed significantly in the past 3 years?! 

I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed the actual practical forecasting until I did one for Latitude. Prepared for the inevitable abuse when it inevitably rains! 

BBC Weather outlook is promising 🤞 

Monday 16 August to  – Sunday 22 August
Wet and cool to start but turning dry and warm.
As we make our way into the second half of August (and the final few weeks of meteorological summer), low pressure is likely to become increasingly less influential throughout the week as it shifts away into Scandinavia. High pressure is expected to build in from the southwest, and for the first half of the week this means we will likely see some cooler northerly winds with the wettest weather in the eastern half of the country.
From midweek and through the second half of the week, high pressure is expected to be more influential and shift overhead, bringing some increasingly dry, sunny, and warmer days. Temperatures will gradually climb a bit above average for most areas and as we approach late August we can expect some decidedly more summer-like weather for most.
The timing of the arrival of the high is still a little bit uncertain, and our computer models have recently been in some major disagreements on the exact day. However, we are starting to see some encouraging signals for high pressure to arrive in the second half of the week, with cooler, wetter weather for the first half. There is a roughly 30% chance of high pressure arriving a bit earlier, perhaps even as early the start of the working week. This would mean dry, sunny, and warm weather would be present throughout the entire week instead. Confidence is still medium overall due to the inconsistent signals for the timing of high pressure arriving, but we have high confidence that it will arrive eventually and be in place by the weekend.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Wakestock said:

As we make our way into the second half of August (and the final few weeks of meteorological summer), low pressure is likely to become increasingly less influential throughout the week as it shifts away into Scandinavia. High pressure is expected to build in from the southwest, and for the first half of the week this means we will likely see some cooler northerly winds with the wettest weather in the eastern half of the country.
From midweek and through the second half of the week, high pressure is expected to be more influential and shift overhead, bringing some increasingly dry, sunny, and warmer days. Temperatures will gradually climb a bit above average for most areas and as we approach late August we can expect some decidedly more summer-like weather for most.
The timing of the arrival of the high is still a little bit uncertain, and our computer models have recently been in some major disagreements on the exact day. However, we are starting to see some encouraging signals for high pressure to arrive in the second half of the week, with cooler, wetter weather for the first half. There is a roughly 30% chance of high pressure arriving a bit earlier, perhaps even as early the start of the working week. This would mean dry, sunny, and warm weather would be present throughout the entire week instead. Confidence is still medium overall due to the inconsistent signals for the timing of high pressure arriving, but we have high confidence that it will arrive eventually and be in place by the weekend.

That reads like a love story to the festival. Wonderful. 

13 minutes ago, Ed90 said:

You lot are really keen to jinx the weather huh?😜

Shouldn't we all be acting like it's going to be hellish weather?

On another note, do Settlers have access to set times as soon as they get there?

They do indeed!!

1 hour ago, Wakestock said:

This is just the weather gods toying with us and I am still fully expecting them to be suitably angered over the next week to punish us with heavy rain localised entirely over the Glanusk Estate.