Green Man 2021

Gilgamesh69

6 hours ago, White_Winged_dove said:

Green Man first timer and so grateful for this forum. Sorry if someone has already asked this, but how long does it take to walk from the Settlers car park to the settlers camping site? 

Two variables here. One is whereabouts you are told to park in the car park when you get there and the other is where you want to camp.

If you are on the right side of the car park and camp just inside settlers you're looking at 3 minutes max. If you're on the left side of the car park and camp right at the back it's probably no more than 10 minutes.

There's no Glastonbury style trek on the cards. It's downhill on the way in which is great until it's time to go home! To be fair it's not that much of a hill but every little counts when you're a week into camping and are tired and hungover!

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, SighMo said:

Absolute little bastards. As Nadine says, what on earth are we teaching our boys and young men? It makes me so sad and so mad. As men, we have to take personal responsibility for calling this out, intervening when 'safe' to do so, and trying to be part of the solution. She's a tough cookie, clearly. But this just has to stop. 

Ben

10 hours ago, SighMo said:

This is indeed truly awful.

Thankfully Nadine has been brave enough to go public with this and hopefully the little bastards will be caught and punished. This will not be the first time they have done this but because so many women don't feel able to report this type of crime, how long before some social media knobhead asks why Nadine was walking home alone, the perpetrators feel, in their eyes, enabled to carry on attacking women with impunity. 

20 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Chai Wallahs line up is out.

Not seen them but aren’t showawk duo the glasto favourites? Often play on the Thursday of glasto? 

This line-up? https://www.greenman.net/news/49-new-acts-added-green-man-lineup/

The poster says 2018 but I assume the names are actually correct as they largely match up with the copy:

gm18_after_dark_chai_wallahs_instagram.474x0-is.jpg

21 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Chai Wallahs line up is out.

Not seen them but aren’t showawk duo the glasto favourites? Often play on the Thursday of glasto? 

Showhawk Duo are an absolute must see for us - a tradition for us at Glasto (although they were missing in 2019 for some reason) and have seen them on their own tour a few times.

You tend to get the 'greatest hits' during their festival sets (i.e. acoustic guitar versions Zombie Nation, Sandstorm, Bohemian Rhapsody etc) but it is always guaranteed to be a huge party nonetheless. A bit of good old fashioned nostalgia to mix into all the new acts you will see across the weekend.

Just hoping they are on later at night (always mid-afternoon at Glasto).

Very jealous of you lucky people. Have a wonderful time. I chose to buy tickets for Bearded Theory over GM as my 2021 festival fix. Still I'm sorted for next May I suppose. Buggger.

Anyhoo, just to comment on one act I do know from the Chai Wallahs line up - the Hempolics (as the name suggests) rootsy ska reggae sound system vibe. Great fun live. Recommended.

I'd definitely enjoy some reggae or dub in the line up. I'd love the option to sit around listening to that late at night rather than go dancing. Always wondered whether they could use the Cinema once the last film has finished to host ambient/dub DJ's for a couple of hours with some visuals up on the screen. 

Our first time at settlers this year and I've been checking out local pubs etc.

Does anybody know if it's possible to walk through the Green Man site during settlers to get to the Cider Mill Inn on the A40? It's about a mile away by the best route and looks like decent food and a large playground for the kids. Long way round via Crickhowell would be about 4 miles! 

32 minutes ago, CoupeyCoupey said:

Does anybody know if it's possible to walk through the Green Man site during settlers to get to the Cider Mill Inn on the A40? It's about a mile away by the best route and looks like decent food and a large playground for the kids. Long way round via Crickhowell would be about 4 miles! 

I don't know for definite but it would be a bit harsh if they don't let you go out and come in over the bridge to the live-in vehicles, there's definitely a footpath on the A40 side of the river to Crickhowell that we got on in 2019 that takes you right past the Cider Mill (and a lovely house with donkeys)

We've got a mate meeting us there as he's driving up from Bath way, I'm assuming the Orange Car Park ain't too far away from the main entrance and it won't be an issue meeting him where we get off the coach? I've got his ticket so our coach is supposed to arrive at half 3 so want to make each others waiting time as little as possible.

Hi everyone, 

Long-time lurker here. I was wondering if anyone else's tickets haven't arrived yet? Mine have been marked as despatched on Ticketline since last week but no sign of them. 

I'm unfortunately also trying to sell the tickets (X2)  and getting a little concerned that it may not be possible. Seems like there's a surprisingly large amount up on Twickets/Fanticks at the moment and they might not be snapped up as quickly as I'd anticipated. If anyone on here is interested in buying them at face value, please let me know. 

Thank you😊

34 minutes ago, Callum_96 said:

We've got a mate meeting us there as he's driving up from Bath way, I'm assuming the Orange Car Park ain't too far away from the main entrance and it won't be an issue meeting him where we get off the coach? I've got his ticket so our coach is supposed to arrive at half 3 so want to make each others waiting time as little as possible.

Others on here can correct me if I'm wrong, and this assumes no change in layout from before: Orange Car Park and coach drop-off use different entrances to the festival and, although the distance between them isn't far, you would need to get your wrist-band and enter the festival site to go out the other side into the Orange Car Park.  There isn't a sensible way of going from the coach drop-off to Orange Car Park without going through the wristband exchange.

2 hours ago, CoupeyCoupey said:

You have been able to go out that way in previous years. The Cider Mill's opening hours might have changed now but before it was closed on Monday and Tuesday and didn't open until Wednesday evening. 

4 hours ago, adequate8 said:

The site says allow 1.5 hours to use their shuttle to get to Abergavenny Station, but its only 20 mins the car/10 miles away (google maps)?

Split between driving/coach/train from Manchester...

Queue for the shuttle bus is pretty awful on Monday morning. Having done train and coach from Manchester I'd get the coach 

• Like 1