Green Man 2021

Gilgamesh69

Sad to see people having to drop out but inevitable - there will be changes even during the festival but everyone knows it's no ones fault. I'm near enough 100% sure Jose Gonzalez won't be there - he's at a gig in amber list Sweden 11th so I can't see how he could then be at GM on the 21st given several days isolation.

Edited by BarclaydeTolly

Tirzah and Ghostpoet are good editions.

There will probably be more changes, maybe even some after the festival starts if an artist gets covid.

Wonder who else they have on the reserve list? I really enjoyed the surprise stand in Wedding Present set because they just seemed so happy to be there at short notice.

2 hours ago, BarclaydeTolly said:

I'm near enough 100% sure Jose Gonzalez won't be there - he's at a gig in amber list Sweden 11th so I can't see how he could then be at GM on the 21st given several days isolation.

If I'm reading the official guidance right EU residents from amber list countries don't have to self-isolate if they're already double vaccinated and test negative within two days of arrival. Given we're less than two weeks away anyone coming from outside the UK who's still on the lineup surely has to be very confident they can make it. I don't think the lists are now due to change until after GM.

Even though I don't think GM have officially announced them yet, the eFests news piece has the Babbling Tongues lineup: https://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/21/210806a.shtml

Edited by SweepingTheNation

1 hour ago, Mr Benn said:

Hello, what are queues like if you arrive Thursday around 2PM? x 

Depends if your driving or getting the bus from the drop off area. 

If you in the car, it will take about an hour to get to your parking space. Then you will have to que for about half an hour for your wrist band. 

The drop of area is alot quicker. When you get off the bus you can get your wrist band within ten minutes usually. 

3 hours ago, Mr Benn said:

Hello, what are queues like if you arrive Thursday around 2PM? x 

Don't think anybody can really predict that this year. Queues normally move pretty fast, I've never queued more than about half an hour once gates are opened from Orange car park. But there's the vaccine certificates this year; that'll presumably slow down queues, it's unknown how much by.

11 hours ago, FindingMyEdge said:

Hello folks, I'm flying in on the day and looking to travel as lightly as possible. What do you think of my chances of being able to buy a sleeping bag on site on the Thursday? I know there is usually that camping store around the corner from Far Out. 

There is a camping shop in Crickhowell called Crickhowell Adventure. I'm sure your be able to get a sleeping bag there. 

11 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Don't think anybody can really predict that this year. Queues normally move pretty fast, I've never queued more than about half an hour once gates are opened from Orange car park. But there's the vaccine certificates this year; that'll presumably slow down queues, it's unknown how much by.

If Green Man is anything like Latitude the vaccine /neg test checks won’t slow things too much - at Latitude they did the vaccine s / neg test check first in one bay (with vaccine people going through one route and tests another) and it was flowing quickly. The wristbands actually took longer. So fingers crossed it won’t add too much delay. 

4 hours ago, Gmbfan said:

Just messaged Green Man about a possible clash and found out Gruff Rhys is starting at 9pm and Liz Laurence starts at 9:45 

Not sure if it's been updated, but Clashfinder is pretty much spot on here!

Edited by big__phil
I'm an idiot

49 minutes ago, Fearless_Fish said:

Can you put your tent up prior to getting wristbands? I've been a few years ago and queued for wristbands before finding a spot and seem to remember wristbands were only checked on entry to the arena. Thanks!

In the past few years I've always had my wrist band checked before entering the camp site. They usually have stewards checking for wrist bands just after the ticket booth. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, big__phil said:

Another question from me. Do they kick people out of the arena at some point after everything shuts down, or can you chill by the campfire (if that's still there) through the night?

My memory from last time is pretty hazy on this!

The latest I've stay up is about 4.30am after leaving Round the twist, I wasn't kicked out then.never have been. I'm sure you could stay in the arena, but there would be nothing to do. I can't imagine the bonfire would still be going at that point.