• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Any chance we'll get an announcement of some surnames before Christmas?

Reckon Angel went on holiday to the Breacon Beacons during lockdown and decided it was the place for her 

I've updated my speculative line up. It looks like there are a fair few non-UK based acts being announced for things in Aug/Sep so there are a few below as a result. New names not on the original line

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Line up could change quite considerably I think. What are the chances of them removing the Far Out tent and having an alternative open air stage/or just less stages overall? 

I don't think it needs to change that much, three of the stages are in the open air and Far Out can be adapted if necessary, opening the sides as they often do gives it plenty of ventilation.

15 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Yes please! Probably my favourite album of the year so far.

I haven't listened to much new stuff this year, but it's definitely up there for me too. That and Mogwai.

I'd be pretty surprised if they don't book her. She seems like the kind of artist that would be on their radar

Had somewhat of a go at what this might end up looking like all being well...looks very 6 music and not that exciting but...

This was made on the assumption that non-UK based acts are unlikely to be re-booked (so no Mac, Little Dragon, Thundercat, Ty Segall, Lucinda Williams, Parquet Courts etc.) Possible new acts are in red. 

FRIDAY

MS: Michael Kiwanuka // Arlo Parks // Nadine Shah // The Staves

FO: Roisin Murphy // ??? // Black Country, New Road // Boy Azooga 

WG: BC Camplight // Matt Maltese 

SATURDAY

MS: Caribou // Goldfrapp // ???

FO: Fontaines D.C or Sleaford Mods // LUMP // Richard Dawson // The Orielles 

WG: Arab Strap // James Yorkston 

SUNDAY

MS: Mogwai // John Cale // Gruff Rhys // This Is The Kit

FO: Shame // Black Midi // KOKOROKO! // TORRES

WG: Pictish Trail // Beak>

Edited by lessthanwill1
16 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Had somewhat of a go at what this might end up looking like all being well...looks very 6 music and not that exciting but...

This was made on the assumption that non-UK based acts are unlikely to be re-booked (so no Mac, Little Dragon, Thundercat, Ty Segall, Lucinda Williams, Parquet Courts etc.) Possible new acts are in red.

TORRES is American, FWIW.

As I said doing similar on EOTR, given that festival has three non-UK headliners there's the potential for a scrap between the two as to who gets which replacement headliner given it'll be by necessity at short notice, so I wouldn't be surprised if Goldfrapp ended up headlining. Additionally I'd think Arab Strap might be Far Out headliner size, or even Main sub.

1 hour ago, lessthanwill1 said:

FRIDAY

SATURDAY

SUNDAY

Is Arlo Parks sub material already? I though Nadine Shah was bigger than her. I wouldn't mind that lineup though, but who would you have as the late night FO acts?

Here's another album recommendation btw, from a Norwegian duo:  Believer by Smerz, it's like experimental pop. I wouldn't mind seeing them at GM but not sure how likely that would be...

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Is Arlo Parks sub material already? I though Nadine Shah was bigger than her. I wouldn't mind that lineup though, but who would you have as the late night FO acts?

Here's another album recommendation btw, from a Norwegian duo:  Believer by Smerz, it's like experimental pop. I wouldn't mind seeing them at GM but not sure how likely that would be...

Wasn't sure on Arlo Parks tbh.  She seems to be pretty big right now though?

The only obvious late night act to me is Giant Swan. Moon Duo as well but guessing they won't be re-booked. Others could be Steam Down and Sarathay Korwar? I'm guessing a couple of DJs will be booked as well - hopefully Kelly Lee Owens.

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Thanks!  I do know Smerz from "because" but not listened to the album yet. Don't seem to be GM type act to me but who knows...I didn't think Caroline Polachek was a GM act but looks like she was booked for 2020. 

Jon Hopkins could headline. He's had a fair sized stage show on recent tours, but i guess that's not exactly need seeing as Four Tet headlined with just him on stage. 

Ben Howard is also back and has dates mid September

Edited by Chawk
On 3/6/2021 at 4:14 PM, lessthanwill1 said:

FRIDAY

SATURDAY

SUNDAY

please. Take my money now! :)

1 hour ago, Chawk said:

Jon Hopkins could headline. He's had a fair sized stage show on recent tours, but i guess that's not exactly need seeing as Four Tet headlined with just him on stage. 

I'm all for Jon but pls no Ben Wonder if we could get Jon Hopkins as a late night FO stage act....

Anyway, I'm getting a little agitated at the lack of info.  All we know is that there'll be a lineup and ticket resale info "in the next few months". Would be nice if we at least had a small announcement, or even just a date.

19 hours ago, Chawk said:

Please not Ben Howard again...

FRIDAY

SATURDAY

SUNDAY

Don't tell Fontaines DC you've listed them as UK acts 😉

I also think that Dan from Caribou lives in London now, but the rest of the band I thought was in Canada? Might be difficult to get him back.

Nice work though, would like this lineup!

FRIDAY

SATURDAY

SUNDAY

wowser, I think I've died and gone to heaven with this potential line up 😍😍😍 

1 hour ago, evannn said:

Don't tell Fontaines DC you've listed them as UK acts 😉

I also think that Dan from Caribou lives in London now, but the rest of the band I thought was in Canada? Might be difficult to get him back.

Nice work though, would like this lineup!

Oops!! Good point haha.

That’s a good point about Caribou. I have no idea where the band lives. Might just have to be a “Daphni” set in that case! 

7 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Might just have to be a “Daphni” set in that case! 

If that's the case then I'd much rather have Jon Hopkins or, god-willing, Aphex Twin 🤞