Green Man 2021

Gilgamesh69

It’s not in the Settlers information but in the general faq’s it does say they want to reduce as much leaving / entering as possible but won’t prevent it (and you need the proof of vaccination / negative test) to re enter.

Ive not been before but it would seem part of the Settlers idea is to boost the local businesses so I would get why they even if it’s not actively encouraged as such they wouldn’t restrict it either.

20 hours ago, Mouseboy11 said:

How accurate is the clashfinder currently with placings? and are we expecting many more additions to the lineup?

A slight update on what I posted a couple of weeks back. I think this is where we still have gaps to fill on the 4 main stages:

• Mountain: This year's Rising winner to be added somewhere [although we already have what would normally be a full compliment of acts]
  • Far Out: 1 on Friday and 1 on Saturday [although we already have 2 more acts for Thursday than usual]
  • Walled Garden: 1 on Saturday and maybe 1 on Sunday.
  • Rising: 1 on Saturday and maybe 1 on Sunday [we already have 1-2 more than usual on Friday; but there are also the 4 other Rising finalists which would normally be added]

We pretty much have the same number of acts as usual, but the day splits do leave a bit of wiggle room for a possible 5-6 more in total.

Chai Wallahs, Cinedrome, Babbling Tongues and Comedy all still to be added too.

5 minutes ago, JHad said:

A slight update on what I posted a couple of weeks back. I think this is where we still have gaps to fill on the 4 main stages:

• Mountain: This year's Rising winner to be added somewhere [although we already have what would normally be a full compliment of acts]
  • Far Out: 1 on Friday and 1 on Saturday [although we already have 2 more acts for Thursday than usual]
  • Walled Garden: 1 on Saturday and maybe 1 on Sunday.
  • Rising: 1 on Saturday and maybe 1 on Sunday [we already have 1-2 more than usual on Friday; but there are also the 4 other Rising finalists which would normally be added]

We pretty much have the same number of acts as usual, but the day splits do leave a bit of wiggle room for a possible 5-6 more in total.

Chai Wallahs, Cinedrome, Babbling Tongues and Comedy all still to be added too.

Do you think GM will release any of the other areas' line-ups before one of the kind Settlers posts picks of the set times on here?

Ben

21 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Do you think GM will release any of the other areas' line-ups before one of the kind Settlers posts picks of the set times on here?

Ben

I've personally no idea.

In 2019 they were released by a month or so before.

Edited by JHad
Completely wrong first time around!
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, SweepingTheNation said:
19 hours ago, Placid-Casual said:

Please god I hope they steal Altin Gun from Pukkelpop

They're at EOTR, but more to the point I really doubt, even with today's opening out, that any festival's eleventh hour potential replacement list is going to feature non-Brits.

Ha, yeah well when you put it that way 😒

On 8/3/2021 at 3:33 PM, JHad said:

They seem to have added some extra names to the music line-up since the original announcement?

• THE STAVES
  • MODERN WOMAN
  • IWAN RHEON
  • DUTTY DISCO

1 hour ago, Kobekes said:

They seem to have added some extra names to the music line-up since the original announcement?

• THE STAVES
  • MODERN WOMAN
  • IWAN RHEON
  • DUTTY DISCO

Quite sure they've always been there?

Cant imagine they will confirm any music acts now as it's only ten days or so until it starts. 

9 hours ago, tjrant said:

Quite sure they've always been there?

Cant imagine they will confirm any music acts now as it's only ten days or so until it starts. 

Ah, indeed they are on the original poster. I made an Excel export from te website on the day of the announcement, maybe that wasn't complete then.

On 7/29/2021 at 8:40 AM, benali said:

There are showers but unless you are happy to join the frankly ridiculous morning queues then the best time to go is mid afternoon onwards.

I've never understood why people are happy to queue in the morning for ages. It's a festival, no one cares if you smell a bit.

This is what we'd do on shower day.  Get up and put and about, back to tent for lunch, mid afternoon shower then we're set up for the evening! 

20 minutes ago, big__phil said:

Whilst we're talking about the line up, does anyone have any recommendations for early acts? Other than Wet Leg and one or two others most are unknown to me.

Thanks!

How early is early, Phil?

If you mean, maybe, the first couple of acts on each stage each day, I'd point you towards:

The Lounge Society
Peaness
Studio Electrophonique
King Hannah
The Golden Dregs

If you want 'later' stuff, I have ideas there too!

Ben
:)

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, big__phil said:

Whilst we're talking about the line up, does anyone have any recommendations for early acts? Other than Wet Leg and one or two others most are unknown to me.

Thanks!

Having come into the Green Man fold knowing only 4 or so acts, and spending quite a bit of time 'researching', there are a few that are really standing out for me:

- Yard Act (Thursday mid afternoon by the looks of things): proper fun, bouncy. Seen them described as post-punk but I wouldn't go that far, think that just comes from a bit of spoken word-esque delivery and some swearing.

- Buzzard Buzzard Buzzard (Friday afternoon): start with Late Night City and you'll be hooked

- Yazmin Lacey (Saturday afternoon): Got some Corinne Bailey Rae vibes going on, could imagine her being amazing if the sun is shining 

• Upvote 1

Think we might be able to expect some late replacements. EotR just cancelled loads of bands, but brought in a couple.

Although the GM lineup is very UK based, there might be some issues with visasnor self isolations?

Good news today about UK artists being able to play in the EU though visa free, but doubt this will help us now.

3 hours ago, big__phil said:

Thanks!

Can also recommend:

Falle Nioke (afro-techno)
John (shouty guitars)
Gonhill (more shouty guitars)
Duski (minimalist jazz-rock)

All sound v good on the GM playlist.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

What time does the arena open /music start on the Thursday?

Think the site opens about 1500 and first act in the Far Out tent around 1700? Might open some of the children's bits earlier though.

So the friend I was going to go to GM nac no longer go so I have a spare ticket if anyone is interested? Preferably someone going on their own as this will now be my first solo festival and slightly nervous haha