Jump to content

Green Man 2021


Gilgamesh69

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, boaboaboa said:

Hi gang, more questions from me!

Has anyone managed to get a car parking ticket yet?

Also, is there usually a site map released?

Any tips on camping areas, or is it just a free for all?

Can't really answer car park or camping questions as we always go to the settlers camp from Monday.

Site map will probably be very similar. It hasn't changed much in recent years. One of us who arrives on Monday will put pictures up once we have got a programme. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another first time goer here. Got Settlers tickets and am planning on going the Monday.

Someone mentioned the shop before - is it like basics like toilet roll, tobacco, camping bits rather than food? Just wondering what sort of food we could potentially get as would hope to cook abit for the first few nights.

On the settlers page it mentions a local butcher selling produce - anyone used this before?

Suppose going out during the day Tuesday / Wednesday should be fine but just wondering what we could actually get there rather than bring with us 

Cant bloody wait anyway

 

edit - does settlers get quite busy or is it pretty laid back for a few days?

Edited by arteet
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, arteet said:

Another first time goer here. Got Settlers tickets and am planning on going the Monday.

Someone mentioned the shop before - is it like basics like toilet roll, tobacco, camping bits rather than food? Just wondering what sort of food we could potentially get as would hope to cook abit for the first few nights.

On the settlers page it mentions a local butcher selling produce - anyone used this before?

Suppose going out during the day Tuesday / Wednesday should be fine but just wondering what we could actually get there rather than bring with us 

Cant bloody wait anyway

 

edit - does settlers get quite busy or is it pretty laid back for a few days?

Settlers is very laid back. I'm a bit crap at guessing but I reckon a few thousand are there for it.

There's a few stalls open, the butcher's is decent and they sell pies and stuff too. You could survive without going off site if you had to. Some other food available but not loads, they normally have a stage/food place called Hurley Burley but last time the owners had signs up looking to sell it so not sure if it will be there this year. 

There's a bar and a stage for evening entertainment where you get 3 to 4 bands a night, normally all Welsh artists. Outside it there's a field with bbq's and a big fire where everyone congregates to toast marshmallows in the evening. In the day time they host activities and games.

We always go off-site in the first few days. We don't bring much food with us so make a trip to do a big shop in Abergavenny either Monday afternoon or Tuesday to see us through. We always climb a random mountain as well on one day. If you go up Table Mountain you can see Green Man from the top which is pretty cool.

There's some good local pubs and walks, a lot of people walk to Crickhowell to get shopping as well so you don't necessarily have to drive anywhere.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, benali said:

Sorry, some of those pictures haven't come out that well. If you want more details on anything let me know.

Thank you - that’s really helpful. No doubt I’ll probably have some more questions!

Just really looking forward to it now 🙂

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, big__phil said:

Aww man, what a shame. Hopefully we'll get a replacement announced soon.

Both Pukkelpop (Belgium) and Lowlands (Netherlands) in the same weekend as Green Man are cancelled, so there should be plenty bands available to fill the spaces, no?

lowlands: https://lowlands.nl/programma/#category-muziek

pukkelpop: pukkelpop-2021-poster-lineup.jpeg

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kobekes said:

Both Pukkelpop (Belgium) and Lowlands (Netherlands) in the same weekend as Green Man are cancelled, so there should be plenty bands available to fill the spaces, no?

lowlands: https://lowlands.nl/programma/#category-muziek

pukkelpop: pukkelpop-2021-poster-lineup.jpeg

I'm not sure Green Man is going to want Liam Gallagher though!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Kobekes said:

Both Pukkelpop (Belgium) and Lowlands (Netherlands) in the same weekend as Green Man are cancelled, so there should be plenty bands available to fill the spaces, no?

lowlands: https://lowlands.nl/programma/#category-muziek

pukkelpop: pukkelpop-2021-poster-lineup.jpeg

Please no Liam G! 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/1/2021 at 2:16 PM, boaboaboa said:

Hi gang, more questions from me!

Has anyone managed to get a car parking ticket yet?

Also, is there usually a site map released?

Any tips on camping areas, or is it just a free for all?

My car parking ticket arrived a few days ago.. only a few days after ordering one

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/1/2021 at 1:20 PM, semmtexx said:

Probably already been discussed but is there an efests meet up planned? 

I haven’t seen any discussion about one. Is there one usually? Won’t be sure if I could make is as I plan to drink heavily throughout and will spend much time lost in happiness. 

Edited by March Hare
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ed90 said:

Can we petition them on Twitter to steal some of the Pukkelpop and Lowlands acts?  Some great electronic stuff on there.  John Talabot to finally make an appearance after cancelling the other year? 

Did he? I was into annual Glastonbury by then, so only enjoying GM vicariously by the line up. I noticed JT and was quite jealous! Didn't know he'd cancel. 

However, the FA-AD line up is 'complete' isn't it, and that's pretty much the only slot for him that would work...

Ben

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Mouseboy11 said:

How accurate is the clashfinder currently with placings? and are we expecting many more additions to the lineup?

There's definitely one (not counting replacements) as Rising winner Teddy Hunter is playing the Mountain Stage. The order on the Clashfinder is as per the day split announcement graphics.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/1/2021 at 8:12 PM, benali said:

Settlers is very laid back. I'm a bit crap at guessing but I reckon a few thousand are there for it.

There's a few stalls open, the butcher's is decent and they sell pies and stuff too. You could survive without going off site if you had to. Some other food available but not loads, they normally have a stage/food place called Hurley Burley but last time the owners had signs up looking to sell it so not sure if it will be there this year. 

There's a bar and a stage for evening entertainment where you get 3 to 4 bands a night, normally all Welsh artists. Outside it there's a field with bbq's and a big fire where everyone congregates to toast marshmallows in the evening. In the day time they host activities and games.

We always go off-site in the first few days. We don't bring much food with us so make a trip to do a big shop in Abergavenny either Monday afternoon or Tuesday to see us through. We always climb a random mountain as well on one day. If you go up Table Mountain you can see Green Man from the top which is pretty cool.

There's some good local pubs and walks, a lot of people walk to Crickhowell to get shopping as well so you don't necessarily have to drive anywhere.

I might be ultra cautious, but weren't GM trying to encourage people not to leave the site once they have arrived. Not sure if this applies to settlers as well, but the guidance wouldn't really make sense if it didn't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...