Green Man 2021

Gilgamesh69

On 7/28/2021 at 8:49 AM, markussnoopy said:

Hello fellow Green Man folk. A pleasure to be posting to a festival forum again!

Apologies if something posted already but I'm part of a double vaccinated small party coming from Ireland for the festival. The only thing we're worried about is the NHS proof of vaccination which is obviously not a thing in Ireland. We will have our EU Digital Covid Certificate as proof of vaccination which is used for EU state members to travel freely across the EU. I'm wondering if this will be acceptable for proof of entry? Anybody else in a similar position? I can't see anything on the green man site about international attendees.

I believe the systems are compatible .. I used my NHS proof to access hospitality in Ireland this week and it scanned without difficulty. In any case, I'm sure that you will be fine at the box office once you have an official record available to present. 

I hope your trip over to Wales goes well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, benali said:

You'll be fine. People turning up on Friday were struggling last time which is why they put out a message after the festival that started a frenzied gazebogate discussion online. 

What’s this about gazebos? Life safer at latitude with the heat (guessing not same at GM but could help with rain!?)

also how far is the walk from car park to tents in glasto terms…

4 hours ago, hughes18 said:

First of all, thank you so much for posting this - we were in the same situation and without seeing your post I don't think any of us would have clocked it. Our booker moved house after buying the tickets in March 2020. He emailed Ticketline on Tuesday but it wasn't until I DMd them on Twitter today that he got a response (tickets being sent to his new address, thankfully).

Publicly tagging companies on social media is definitely the way to go with queries these days - they don't like the visibility of it, whereas it's easy to ignore an email. 

Thanks, and glad it helped someone! Funny enough I finally got through to them today and the reply was that they’d already sent them but would cancel them and send some new ones to the new address… no more than 20 minutes later my redirected tickets arrived - literally the first recorded post that the Royal Mail redirecting service has worked for! Still at least I have some comfort that they will arrive in the next few days now!

48 minutes ago, adequate8 said:

What’s this about gazebos? Life safer at latitude with the heat (guessing not same at GM but could help with rain!?)

also how far is the walk from car park to tents in glasto terms…

Last year, before the world ended, they planned to ban gazebos... after many years of increasingly ridiculous rented villages springing up and meaning people arriving Friday couldn’t squeeze a one man tent in. This year they’ve just asked to limit to a single gazebo per campsite. Eg don’t put up 15 gazebos tied together for a camp of 6 people and think that’s ok 

the walk from Orange car park is about 5-10 minutes so nothing like Glastonbury on a bad day

Edited by Aeroplane Over the Sea

3 hours ago, Suggestives said:

I believe the systems are compatible .. I used my NHS proof to access hospitality in Ireland this week and it scanned without difficulty. In any case, I'm sure that you will be fine at the box office once you have an official record available to present. 

I hope your trip over to Wales goes well.

Thanks for the info. Good to hear. Actually got a DM back from green man on Twitter in the last couple of hours and they confirmed they accept via the QR code on cert.

Happy Days! See you folk in Crickhowell!

• Like 3

I've got my second jab today 😁

In plenty of time to be fully vaccinated for GM. My only concern now is so many people I know being knocked out by the second for a few days and I'm meant to be going to the cricket tomorrow... 

10 hours ago, markussnoopy said:

Thanks for the info. Good to hear. Actually got a DM back from green man on Twitter in the last couple of hours and they confirmed they accept via the QR code on cert.

Happy Days! See you folk in Crickhowell!

Good news! Thas is one less hurdle to tackle for us too. (We're trying to get there from Belgium 🙈)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, zeppelin said:

I've got my second jab today 😁

In plenty of time to be fully vaccinated for GM. My only concern now is so many people I know being knocked out by the second for a few days and I'm meant to be going to the cricket tomorrow... 

If it gives you any hope, I just got my second dose at Latitude on the Sunday, and - despite a strong case of achey arm - had to take down my tent and carry 2 heavy duffelbags on various coaches and trains for 6+ hours to get home the next day, and came out of it alright:)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, adequate8 said:

What’s the shop like on site? Sell ice or nah?

Don't think it does. There isn't one of those walk-in tent shop things like there is at some of the bigger festivals.

Not to worry tho, it gets plenty cold enough when the sun's down anyway.

13 hours ago, benali said:

Have I jinxed it by posting this?

Screenshot_20210730-184407.jpg

Totally jinxed. The only way to unjinx is for us all to prepare for terrible conditions and never mention any possible alternative. Examples include "can anyone recommend a sleeping bag that will keep me warm in sub zero conditions" or "if there's flooding on site, and they have to cancel, do we get a refund?"

14 hours ago, benali said:

Have I jinxed it by posting this?

Screenshot_20210730-184407.jpg

I think you’ll find that as we get closer to the 19th that those spells of unsettled weather primarily in the northwest and short-lived thundery spells in southeastern parts will actually all be localised over the Crickhowell area for a 4 day period. 

Accuweather knows the score 😂

9011E9FB-675A-4B50-9C4E-03A20A67462B.jpeg

20 hours ago, copperbottom said:

If it gives you any hope, I just got my second dose at Latitude on the Sunday, and - despite a strong case of achey arm - had to take down my tent and carry 2 heavy duffelbags on various coaches and trains for 6+ hours to get home the next day, and came out of it alright:)

Well my arm absolutely canes but other than I feel absolutely fine 😁

Feeling good now, double vaxxed and still summer to happen! 

2 hours ago, Cottsy said:

Accuweather knows the score 

9011E9FB-675A-4B50-9C4E-03A20A67462B.jpeg

I can't believe we're doing weather already 😂

FWIW, in the UK at least, Accuweather is to meteorology what the S*n is to journalism. 

I'll likely do a proper forecast a day or two before and post here as usual, but in the mean time have fun speculating. Let's build the anticipation! 😊

6 hours ago, JHad said:

I can't believe we're doing weather already 😂

FWIW, in the UK at least, Accuweather is to meteorology what the S*n is to journalism. 

I'll likely do a proper forecast a day or two before and post here as usual, but in the mean time have fun speculating. Let's build the anticipation! 😊

Never too soon to do weather!  But what we really need are the bafflingly scientific observations of Jack One (I think that was his name)...

3 hours ago, Chazwozza said:

Never too soon to do weather!  But what we really need are the bafflingly scientific observations of Jack One (I think that was his name)...

Incomprehensible to the casual observer! I end up just looking for Orange. That seems to be a good thing, weather-wise. Yeah, his links are legendary! 

Ben

38 minutes ago, Chazwozza said:

Love it! I didn't realise the weather discussions on these boards here went quite to those depths!! (although I wouldn't really trust the GFS model in the UK, personally!). 

FWIW, this is what I put out there before Latitude and will attempt to repeat for festivals I'm off to, including GM: https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/234568-latitude-2021/?do=findComment&comment=6203014

Managed to bag some last minute tix to see Yard Act last night. Absolutely incredible stuff. Buzzing to see them again in a few weeks. They played an unreleased track (think it was called Dead Horse), which is well worth keeping an eye out for.

Super impressed by the depth of this lineup in the sense that there are some really appealing bands on the Thursday before the festival even properly gets going. I was expecting the circumstances to result in a bit of a watered down lineup, which would have been fine/understandable, but it's so so strong.

Still tryna wrap my head around the fact this is actually happening and is so close. Gonna be big.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Managed to bag some last minute tix to see Yard Act last night. Absolutely incredible stuff. Buzzing to see them again in a few weeks. They played an unreleased track (think it was called Dead Horse), which is well worth keeping an eye out for.

Super impressed by the depth of this lineup in the sense that there are some really appealing bands on the Thursday before the festival even properly gets going. I was expecting the circumstances to result in a bit of a watered down lineup, which would have been fine/understandable, but it's so so strong.

Still tryna wrap my head around the fact this is actually happening and is so close. Gonna be big.

Were class last night weren’t they!