Green Man 2021

Gilgamesh69

1 hour ago, axel75 said:

Hi,

Its a lovely festival, and can certainly come across a bit chilled during the day but it really depends whose playing at the time. Quite a lot of family's around in the afternoon, and although lots of drinking around the bar areas most people tend to be pretty happy and laid back. 

Gets pretty manic in the evenings, but drunk 'lads' are definitely not encouraged.

Thanks - I'm certainly not in the drunk lads category. Don't think the group im coming in (which is me and the girlfriend) qualify for that! I like the idea of not having to deal with big groups of drunk tossers during the day (can tolerate a bit of madness once the sun goes down) - but having said that I'm not averse to a drink myself, just like it to be much more social. 

11 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Please please please could one of the eFests Settlers post picks of ALL of the set times when they pick up their schedule? I'm an obsessive clashfinder compiler and not having my usual 3-4 weeks to plan the military operation, like I do with Glastonbury, is causing me major first world problem stress!!

Ben
x

I'm a settler and will post the splits when I get there.  Not 100% sure when on Monday I will get there all dependent on weather as don't want to pitch the tent in the rain if I don't have to 😃

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

@benali usually does an incredible job with posting set times early but not sure if he or she is going this year or doing settlers!

I normally get them up around lunchtime although it's dependant on us leaving Southampton at a vaguely reasonable time. 

Wish we could get there for opening, always jealous of people who are pretty much set up while I'm still dragging a trolly full of tent around! 

Someone a few pages ago mentioned they were arriving first thing so they might save me a job. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/27/2021 at 1:01 PM, drunk pumpkin said:

that's the type of top tip i need to know! 

Worse than Glastonbury?

I went to Glastonbury 97 which was an absolute disaster for mud and my inability to see "that" Radiohead set, but also Green Man 2007 where it rained incessantly. Glastonbury was worse.

GM put plastic tracking stuff down on some major walkways and there's concrete paths to help navigate some of the way from campsite to arena.

My main tip is to buy a brownie from the stall opposite Babbling Tongues because they are insane.

If there's a big band in Far Out get in there a bit early. If they have Tiny Rebel in the main ale bar buy it on the Thursday because it will soon run out. Look out for surprise sets next to the record shop (it's not Rough Trade now, they had their own one last time) and if you have young kids go and see the Flying Seagulls because they will literally save your life if your little ones have been awake all night and you are hanging.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

13 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

@markussnoopy I'd dm one of their socials about it. Seems like it would be pretty shitty of them not to accept that, but might save you a bit of faff at the gate if you have a message to show them that it's ok, rather than the person banding you having to radio in somebody on paid staff to make the call.

Thanks @GETOFFAMYLAWNand @slumberjack. I'll try to get some sort of confirmation before we arrive.

2 minutes ago, boaboaboa said:

Bit of a wild card question, but what’s the shower situation like?

The last time I went to Glastonbury it was my little morning ritual to get zen and ready for the day, haha.

Coming off the back of lots of Primavera trips so trying to remember the camping vibe!

Showers at Glastonbury? Been 6 times and can’t remember ever seeing them, I’m dirty! So so dirty! 😂

4 minutes ago, sisco said:

Showers at Glastonbury? Been 6 times and can’t remember ever seeing them, I’m dirty! So so dirty! 😂

Well, the last time I went I got a sauna pass for (I think) £25 for the weekend and was the best money I’ve ever spent, potentially in my life, haha!

Sweat out the previous day, quick cold shower. Was a very good vibe!

6 minutes ago, boaboaboa said:

Well, the last time I went I got a sauna pass for (I think) £25 for the weekend and was the best money I’ve ever spent, potentially in my life, haha!

Sweat out the previous day, quick cold shower. Was a very good vibe!

I won't lie, that sounds incredible! 

14 minutes ago, boaboaboa said:

The last time I went to Glastonbury it was my little morning ritual to get zen and ready for the day, haha.

Coming off the back of lots of Primavera trips so trying to remember the camping vibe!

There are showers but unless you are happy to join the frankly ridiculous morning queues then the best time to go is mid afternoon onwards.

I've never understood why people are happy to queue in the morning for ages. It's a festival, no one cares if you smell a bit.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, benali said:

I've never understood why people are happy to queue in the morning for ages. It's a festival, no one cares if you smell a bit.

I've never done it, but I imagine it just wakes you up and makes you feel better and ready for the day.

Of course no one else cares but being clean is a nice feeling. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, zeppelin said:

I've never done it, but I imagine it just wakes you up and makes you feel better and ready for the day.

Of course no one else cares but being clean is a nice feeling. 

I won't be bothering at Green Man, but with the 24h party of Glastonbury my Lost Horizons visits are so lovely!

Ben

4 hours ago, boaboaboa said:

I usually go at about 2 in the morning after getting back to the tent! 

Queues are moderately long in the mornings, but I prefer to spend that time chilling, drinking coffee and reading the programme for hidden gems that day. 

4 hours ago, benali said:

There are showers but unless you are happy to join the frankly ridiculous morning queues then the best time to go is mid afternoon onwards.

Never showered once at any festival from 18 to about 28. Now 35 and shower every single day at festivals I camp at....you just can't beat that feeling of getting clean, fresh and ready for the day ahead.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2021 at 10:15 AM, March Hare said:

Did you manage to get this sorted?

Unfortunately no. They tried to call me last Thursday but I was at Latitude so had poor signal. I've tried calling them but had no success, and I've emailed them again but haven't heard back from them yet 😞

34 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Unfortunately no. They tried to call me last Thursday but I was at Latitude so had poor signal. I've tried calling them but had no success, and I've emailed them again but haven't heard back from them yet 😞

Did the email you? Poor show if they didn’t say anything 

5 hours ago, benali said:

I’m with you. Afternoon shower, max five minute wait last time.

9 minutes ago, drunk pumpkin said:

Quick question on camping:

We are travelling down Thursday morning with a planned arrival around midday. 

What's the camping situation like by then?

Will we struggle to pitch two tents together mid sized and a small one?

Thanks 

You shouldn't have any problem.  Gates don't open to non-Settlers until 10am, and Settlers have a designated area so don't occupy what is general camping.

12 minutes ago, drunk pumpkin said:

Thanks 

And another question in that ballpark - what's it like getting on site bang on 10am when the car parks open (assuming the FAQs are accurate on that point)? 

Is it queue central and better to wait to arrive until 11am/12pm or fine to get there early doors?

On 7/27/2021 at 4:30 PM, Aeroplane Over the Sea said:

Can anyone help? I’m having a nightmare with Ticketline. I got tickets in the original 2020 sale and rolled over - I’ve moved house though and emailed Ticketline to change the mailing address, but they haven’t responded. In the meantime I’ve been locked out of my account and it isn’t letting me back in, and the phone line is permanently just engaged. Does anyone have any ideas? Starting to panic!

First of all, thank you so much for posting this - we were in the same situation and without seeing your post I don't think any of us would have clocked it. Our booker moved house after buying the tickets in March 2020. He emailed Ticketline on Tuesday but it wasn't until I DMd them on Twitter today that he got a response (tickets being sent to his new address, thankfully).

Publicly tagging companies on social media is definitely the way to go with queries these days - they don't like the visibility of it, whereas it's easy to ignore an email. 

1 hour ago, drunk pumpkin said:

Thanks 

You'll be fine. People turning up on Friday were struggling last time which is why they put out a message after the festival that started a frenzied gazebogate discussion online. 

• Upvote 1