Green Man 2021

Gilgamesh69

5 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

If you like Glastonbury, you'll like Green Man. It's a beautiful site and totally, and conspicuously, non-corporate/sponsored. 

What sort of tips are you looking for?!

Ben

anything really, must see spots, things to avoid. arriving (camping and car park etc) 

those sort of things!

Just now, drunk pumpkin said:

that's the type of top tip i need to know! 

Worse than Glastonbury?

similar I think...to be honest I've never been to a super muddy Greenman, been three times and weather mostly been ok, but I know from others it can get really boggy. I have been to many super muddy Glastonburys though.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, drunk pumpkin said:

Worse than Glastonbury?

Well as bad, but smaller! GM 2012 was as hard as GF 2016! Good weather wear essential (so we won't need it!).

Everything is must-see, as it's not that big a site - it's not like at Glastonbury when you have to commit to something and know you'll forego loads of stuff. For example, it's pretty easy to double dip sets at the main and second stages - unless it's really muddy!

I haven't been since 2014, but I don't think much has changed that much - it didn't need to!

Ben

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drunk pumpkin said:

managed to get resale tickets for myself and 2 friends. Would normally do Glastonbury and have never done Greenman before.

The site looks great. 

Any top tips or recommendations would be fantastic. 

Thanks guys

As with all festivals take a fold up camping chair.  The view over the main Mountain stage is from a terraced hillside where even if it's wet you can then sit in the dry on your chair.  The food stalls tend to be pretty good - especially La Grande Bouffe and their tartiflettes if they're there this year.  You may remember them from Glasto.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, grumpyhack said:

As with all festivals take a fold up camping chair.  The view over the main Mountain stage is from a terraced hillside where even if it's wet you can then sit in the dry on your chair.  The food stalls tend to be pretty good - especially La Grande Bouffe and their tartiflettes if they're there this year.  You may remember them from Glasto.

That's a top tip thanks!

They are a definite for dinner!

One thing I'm wondering as a Green Man first timer, is what is the culture/vibe during the festival? My preconception (which I'm wanting to be challenged!) is it is a bit of two-speed affair, fairly quiet and reserved during the day for the family friendly element with a bit more rowdiness going on after dark...or is that wrong and there are plenty on the all day sesh as well?

39 minutes ago, drunk pumpkin said:

Worse than Glastonbury?

Babbling tongues bar tends to be quiet during the day and its a nice place to hang around, round the twist is also a nice little bar with DJ's. We saw Jarvis Cocker do a set in there in 2019 which was fun. Chai Wallahs is also worth a visit, especially if the weather is good, there's plenty of space around to lounge about and chill out in the sun.

Lots of people take camping chairs into the festival but I can never be bothered carrying them. Take a blanket, one of those foldable picnic types with a waterproof backing, great if its sunny and doubles up as shelter when its raining (it will almost certainly rain at some point). Would also recommend lace up walking boots over wellies

Toilets are generally really good, go to the edges of the site for the cleanest ones although Andyloos are usually really good.

Crickhowell is a short walk or an easy taxi ride for about £6, there are shops and cash points and pubs that do amazing sunday lunches, although you'll probably have to book in advance. The Bridge End has a nice beer garden on the river.

Far out gets rammed at night and when its raining, people tend to set up camp in there with chairs/trolleys/kids which is annoying.

I dont camp on site, but stay in a hotel in Crickhowell, so I can't tell you much about the campsites. 

6 minutes ago, Joll said:

Babbling tongues bar tends to be quiet during the day and its a nice place to hang around, round the twist is also a nice little bar with DJ's. We saw Jarvis Cocker do a set in there in 2019 which was fun. Chai Wallahs is also worth a visit, especially if the weather is good, there's plenty of space around to lounge about and chill out in the sun.

Lots of people take camping chairs into the festival but I can never be bothered carrying them. Take a blanket, one of those foldable picnic types with a waterproof backing, great if its sunny and doubles up as shelter when its raining (it will almost certainly rain at some point). Would also recommend lace up walking boots over wellies

Toilets are generally really good, go to the edges of the site for the cleanest ones although Andyloos are usually really good.

Crickhowell is a short walk or an easy taxi ride for about £6, there are shops and cash points and pubs that do amazing sunday lunches, although you'll probably have to book in advance. The Bridge End has a nice beer garden on the river.

Far out gets rammed at night and when its raining, people tend to set up camp in there with chairs/trolleys/kids which is annoying.

I dont camp on site, but stay in a hotel in Crickhowell, so I can't tell you much about the campsites. 

that's great info! thanks for sharing

Can anyone help? I’m having a nightmare with Ticketline. I got tickets in the original 2020 sale and rolled over - I’ve moved house though and emailed Ticketline to change the mailing address, but they haven’t responded. In the meantime I’ve been locked out of my account and it isn’t letting me back in, and the phone line is permanently just engaged. Does anyone have any ideas? Starting to panic!

1 minute ago, Aeroplane Over the Sea said:

Can anyone help? I’m having a nightmare with Ticketline. I got tickets in the original 2020 sale and rolled over - I’ve moved house though and emailed Ticketline to change the mailing address, but they haven’t responded. In the meantime I’ve been locked out of my account and it isn’t letting me back in, and the phone line is permanently just engaged. Does anyone have any ideas? Starting to panic!

I've been really struggling to get hold of them too. They finally got back to me today after I re-sent the email yesterday. 

I find if they haven't responded in a couple of days they probably have missed it and you need to re-send. The other way I also finally got a response was to send them a direct message on Twitter.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Aeroplane Over the Sea said:

Saw a few responses from Ticketline to people via Twitter this morning around the time of the resale. That might be worth a try too.

Ben

• Upvote 1

Our tickets arrived today 😁, and I'm just about recovered from a BIG weekend at Latitude. 

Time to truly get excited about GM! 

Plenty of time to listen to the lineup which is nice as well. Do they normally release set times before the festival or do we have to buy a programme on site? 

It's nice to know of some clashes before they happen! 

54 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Our tickets arrived today 😁, and I'm just about recovered from a BIG weekend at Latitude. 

Time to truly get excited about GM! 

Plenty of time to listen to the lineup which is nice as well. Do they normally release set times before the festival or do we have to buy a programme on site? 

It's nice to know of some clashes before they happen! 

Likewise on the first two points!

Schedule is released in the programme and usually shared on here by one of the Settlers on Monday (?) morning!

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, JHad said:

Likewise on the first two points!

Schedule is released in the programme and usually shared on here by one of the Settlers on Monday (?) morning!

Please please please could one of the eFests Settlers post picks of ALL of the set times when they pick up their schedule? I'm an obsessive clashfinder compiler and not having my usual 3-4 weeks to plan the military operation, like I do with Glastonbury, is causing me major first world problem stress!!

Ben
x

• Like 1

Hello fellow Green Man folk. A pleasure to be posting to a festival forum again!

Apologies if something posted already but I'm part of a double vaccinated small party coming from Ireland for the festival. The only thing we're worried about is the NHS proof of vaccination which is obviously not a thing in Ireland. We will have our EU Digital Covid Certificate as proof of vaccination which is used for EU state members to travel freely across the EU. I'm wondering if this will be acceptable for proof of entry? Anybody else in a similar position? I can't see anything on the green man site about international attendees.

@markussnoopy I'd dm one of their socials about it. Seems like it would be pretty shitty of them not to accept that, but might save you a bit of faff at the gate if you have a message to show them that it's ok, rather than the person banding you having to radio in somebody on paid staff to make the call.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, markussnoopy said:

Hello fellow Green Man folk. A pleasure to be posting to a festival forum again!

Apologies if something posted already but I'm part of a double vaccinated small party coming from Ireland for the festival. The only thing we're worried about is the NHS proof of vaccination which is obviously not a thing in Ireland. We will have our EU Digital Covid Certificate as proof of vaccination which is used for EU state members to travel freely across the EU. I'm wondering if this will be acceptable for proof of entry? Anybody else in a similar position? I can't see anything on the green man site about international attendees.

I'd just email Greenman direct (info@greemnan.net).  We've been several times and had various issues crop up and they've always got back to me really quickly and been more than helpful. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, _Tommy_ said:

One thing I'm wondering as a Green Man first timer, is what is the culture/vibe during the festival? My preconception (which I'm wanting to be challenged!) is it is a bit of two-speed affair, fairly quiet and reserved during the day for the family friendly element with a bit more rowdiness going on after dark...or is that wrong and there are plenty on the all day sesh as well?

Hi,

Its a lovely festival, and can certainly come across a bit chilled during the day but it really depends whose playing at the time. Quite a lot of family's around in the afternoon, and although lots of drinking around the bar areas most people tend to be pretty happy and laid back. 

Gets pretty manic in the evenings, but drunk 'lads' are definitely not encouraged.

20 hours ago, Joll said:

The Bridge End has a nice beer garden on the river.

I think it's been closed since the floods unfortunately.  The beer garden might still be accessible though.