Green Man 2021

Gilgamesh69

On 7/23/2021 at 9:26 AM, Cottsy said:

I’m going to the festival with my brother this year but he can’t get the Thursday off work so we will be travelling separately. 

He only lives 20 minutes away, so am I right in thinking that if he gets a lift over that he can get dropped off at the A40 entrance and walk across the bridge with a castle on it and go through the box office there?

Officially, drop-offs should be to the park and ride site just east of Crickhowell. I have seen people dropping off on the A40 but it's a bit risky on such a main road. They won't let private cars in at the A40 entrance whereas the P&R bus drops a bit closer to the box office so if he has much gear to bring the bus is probably the better option

On 7/24/2021 at 4:01 PM, Summertime said:

This is my first time at Green Man and I’m starting to allow myself to get a little excited, especially now that I’m seeing pictures of people at Latitude. 

I also have a car park question. Does anyone know what would be more convenient between the orange car park and the park and ride if I’ll be be carrying my stuff over to the campervan field (the normal one rather than the settlers one)? My friend is bringing his caravan for us to stay in but is arriving separately from me. 

My preference would always be to avoid the park and ride as it’s a pain when there’s just the one of you and you need to do multiple trips, but maybe there’s a reason why it’s better than the orange car park?

Absolutely do P&R .. it's a very short walk (although steeply uphill) from the bus drop-off to the campervan field .. much longer from the orange car park. There's usually a trolley hire point near the bus drop-off if you need some wheels to help with your kit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hez said:

Did anyone else request a refund and if so have you had a response? I have had nothing back and wondering whether to contact them again.

I requested a refund and had an email back within 2 days confirming this had been actioned, money appeared in my bank account the day after (this was last week).

Edited by fuzzy_logic

5 minutes ago, fuzzy_logic said:

I requested a refund and had an email back within 2 days confirming this had been actioned, money appeared in my bank account the day after (this was last week).

Thanks, I'll send another email then as I sent the request the day of the announcement so should have heard back by now.

On 7/19/2021 at 2:44 PM, _Tommy_ said:

Hello all - long time lurker -incredibly infrequent poster (think this might be my second? post in 6 years!)

Anyway, I am another of the Glastonbury refugees (missing out on tickets for the 2020 festival and as I live in Wales, thought I would Green Man a go), and a year or so down the line....here we all are with great news!

One thing I can't get to the bottom of though, I have four tickets but the other couple we were supposed to go with have ridiculously had a baby in the last month or so, so I need to get on to TicketLine to get rid of two of them. Has anyone done this? I'm worried that they will just cancel the whole booking because it doesn't specify on the FAQs that you can cancel part orders.

Thanks all.

An update on this as a few people have messaged me about availability of the tickets - Ticketline have now sorted it so it will be two more tickets into the resale pot for tomorrow.

HOWEVER - some might want to take note of this - they have also sent me the tickets (delivered this morning) so I am in possession of two physical but cancelled tickets. I guess this wouldn't happen in normal times with the crunch of timelines to get the festival together so if you are buying tickets privately this year - be aware that there may be physical worthless tickets floating about.

Not sure how you guard against this - maybe during the buying process request the ticket numbers and check with Ticketline they are still active? 

2 hours ago, _Tommy_ said:

An update on this as a few people have messaged me about availability of the tickets - Ticketline have now sorted it so it will be two more tickets into the resale pot for tomorrow.

HOWEVER - some might want to take note of this - they have also sent me the tickets (delivered this morning) so I am in possession of two physical but cancelled tickets. I guess this wouldn't happen in normal times with the crunch of timelines to get the festival together so if you are buying tickets privately this year - be aware that there may be physical worthless tickets floating about.

Not sure how you guard against this - maybe during the buying process request the ticket numbers and check with Ticketline they are still active? 

How did you manage to speak with them? Just via email? The phone number constantly has a busy tone.

I can also echo that, as the ticket I am trying to get refunded turned up last week so again, I have the physical ticket but the barcode will be invalid once I finally get this sorted. 

9 minutes ago, hez said:

How did you manage to speak with them? Just via email? The phone number constantly has a busy tone.

I can also echo that, as the ticket I am trying to get refunded turned up last week so again, I have the physical ticket but the barcode will be invalid once I finally get this sorted. 

Yeh just by email - did take two emails a few days apart before I got a response. 

12 minutes ago, _Tommy_ said:

Yeh just by email - did take two emails a few days apart before I got a response. 

Great, thanks. I have forwarded my original email again today so hopefully will hear back soon. Sent GM a message on Twitter and they confirmed my request would be honoured as I had emailed before the deadline so at least I have that now.

1 hour ago, hez said:

I had to call them to update my card details. Took me 1 hour 30 in total - 1 hour was an engaged tone, then 30 minutes on hold...

Edited by SaintEwart

19 hours ago, SaintEwart said:

I had to call them to update my card details. Took me 1 hour 30 in total - 1 hour was an engaged tone, then 30 minutes on hold...

Oh, I've not tried sitting out the engaged tone. Will give that a go if I still haven't had a response by tomorrow. Thanks!

Looks like Green Man might have been telling a little porky with "very limited tickets" available during the resale. Just happened to click on now (2 hours after going on sale) and got straight through with the option to purchase up to 8 tickets! 

Must have been a fair few rollover/cancellations. Sure it will sell out though - different world to Glastonbury (re)sales! 

3 minutes ago, drunk pumpkin said:

managed to get resale tickets for myself and 2 friends. Would normally do Glastonbury and have never done Greenman before.

The site looks great. 

Any top tips or recommendations would be fantastic. 

Thanks guys

If you like Glastonbury, you'll like Green Man. It's a beautiful site and totally, and conspicuously, non-corporate/sponsored. 

What sort of tips are you looking for?!

Ben