Green Man 2021

Gilgamesh69

I got a response from TicketLine today regarding rollovers, so those are being dealt with quite quickly. 

However, I specified one of two tickets to be rolled over (I was ridiculous anal about specifying this and even made it bold), but they've rolled both of mine over. Just replied now to sort out, but couldn't find without the additional nonsense!

11 minutes ago, JHad said:

I got a response from TicketLine today regarding rollovers, so those are being dealt with quite quickly. 

However, I specified one of two tickets to be rolled over (I was ridiculous anal about specifying this and even made it bold), but they've rolled both of mine over. Just replied now to sort out, but couldn't find without the additional nonsense!

Full credit to TicketLine - they sorted this out straight away. 

Crisis averted! 

Hi,

We're staying in Crickhowell this year and one of our group has accessibility issues so not feasible to walk it. Does the shuttle bus pick-up and drop off in Crickhowell? I've seen conflicting things and details are still a bit sparse for this year. 

If not, there's a bus stop on the A40 at the (main?) entrance to the site. Is it possible to walk up there as looks narrow and presumably there will be buses using the lane?

Alternatively, how easy are taxis? I presume no issue pre-booked there but getting back?

Thanks in advance.

cheers

Rob

16 hours ago, Jeel said:

Hi,

We're staying in Crickhowell this year and one of our group has accessibility issues so not feasible to walk it. Does the shuttle bus pick-up and drop off in Crickhowell? I've seen conflicting things and details are still a bit sparse for this year. 

If not, there's a bus stop on the A40 at the (main?) entrance to the site. Is it possible to walk up there as looks narrow and presumably there will be buses using the lane?

Alternatively, how easy are taxis? I presume no issue pre-booked there but getting back?

Thanks in advance.

cheers

Rob

We stay in Crickhowell every year and get taxis. Last year it was £6 each way. There''s usually a taxi minibus that goes from The Bear hotel as well whch means you can share the cost with others. We've used the shuttle occasionally, but taxis are so much easier. We get dropped off at the a40 entrance which is an easier walk in to the site.

You sometimes have to wait for a taxi back, depending on what time you leave, but they can be pre-booked

Edited by Joll

28 minutes ago, Joll said:

We stay in Crickhowell every year and get taxis. Last year it was £6 each way. There''s usually a taxi minibus that goes from The Bear hotel as well whch means you can share the cost with others. We've used the shuttle occasionally, but taxis are so much easier. We get dropped off at the a40 entrance which is an easier walk in to the site.

You sometimes have to wait for a taxi back, depending on what time you leave, but they can be pre-booked

Thanks Joll

I’m going to the festival with my brother this year but he can’t get the Thursday off work so we will be travelling separately. 

He only lives 20 minutes away, so am I right in thinking that if he gets a lift over that he can get dropped off at the A40 entrance and walk across the bridge with a castle on it and go through the box office there?

Another question. How likely is it that the Orange Car Park will fill up?

I received my tickets today and suddenly realised that I didn’t book parking for reasons that were relevant 2 years ago but not so much now. 

Just went to book parking online and works out more expensive to book in advance than to pay on the gate but not sure I want to take the risk. 

12 minutes ago, Cottsy said:

Another question. How likely is it that the Orange Car Park will fill up?

I received my tickets today and suddenly realised that I didn’t book parking for reasons that were relevant 2 years ago but not so much now. 

Just went to book parking online and works out more expensive to book in advance than to pay on the gate but not sure I want to take the risk. 

I would say 0 likely. It's the main car park and I've never seen it filled. I did a few stewarding hours waving cars in on a Saturday afternoon and there was still space. (Imagine showing up on the Saturday afternoon tho).

51 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I would say 0 likely. It's the main car park and I've never seen it filled. I did a few stewarding hours waving cars in on a Saturday afternoon and there was still space. (Imagine showing up on the Saturday afternoon tho).

Great, shouldn’t be an issue at 12pm on Thursday then. I’ll save myself £2.50 👍

This is my first time at Green Man and I’m starting to allow myself to get a little excited, especially now that I’m seeing pictures of people at Latitude. 

I also have a car park question. Does anyone know what would be more convenient between the orange car park and the park and ride if I’ll be be carrying my stuff over to the campervan field (the normal one rather than the settlers one)? My friend is bringing his caravan for us to stay in but is arriving separately from me. 

My preference would always be to avoid the park and ride as it’s a pain when there’s just the one of you and you need to do multiple trips, but maybe there’s a reason why it’s better than the orange car park?

12 minutes ago, mph said:

Hopefully off to Green Man in a few weeks, double jabbed so went on NHS covid pass link as it says on Green Man website, I live in Wales so followed Wales info and ended up with a QR code for England ? Anyone else in Wales tried it ?

Would help if I asked here as well I guess, anyone ?

I have been going to festivals (mostly Glastonbury) since 2004. It has been a long time since i have been as excited as i am for Green Man this year. Making this 38 year old feel like a kid again. I guess the last 18 months have made me realise what i have been taking for granted. How important these few days a year in my life are. 

I too have been watching the folks at Latitude with some envy.

Sorry im all a bit overwrought folks. Might have had a couple of ales in my Green man Mug.

• Upvote 2