Green Man 2021

Gilgamesh69

On 7/18/2021 at 1:19 PM, SighMo said:

Be nice if they could squeeze Warmduscher in somewhere; at EOTR so should be primed and ready to roll.

Was that meant to sound funnyūüėā sorry but I did¬†¬†think of the best place to squeeze a warmdusher and it wasn't in the walled garden¬†

• Like 2

Hello all - long time lurker -incredibly infrequent poster (think this might be my second? post in 6 years!)

Anyway, I am another of the Glastonbury refugees (missing out on tickets for the 2020 festival and as I live in Wales, thought I would Green Man a go), and a year or so down the line....here we all are with great news!

One thing I can't get to the bottom of though, I have four tickets but the other couple we were supposed to go with have ridiculously had a baby in the last month or so, so I need to get on to TicketLine to get rid of two of them. Has anyone done this? I'm worried that they will just cancel the whole booking because it doesn't specify on the FAQs that you can cancel part orders.

Thanks all.

i can tell you that back in 2019 i had to cancel green man snd go to EOTR instead.

i sold 4 adult, 2 child and a caravan settler pass tickets on ebay 

and i made a bit of money 

it was very easy to sell them snd j reckon this year you would make even more money 

I reckon they will be able to sort it - or alternatively you wouldnt have any trouble getting rid privately. I was after a couple but think I have sorted them on fanticks - well I hope so anyway. Dont really trust these sites but I have used twickets in the past with no issues.

So fingers crossed anyway it should be my first Green Man ūüôā

4 minutes ago, VoxTunedDED said:

i can tell you that back in 2019 i had to cancel green man snd go to EOTR instead.

i sold 4 adult, 2 child and a caravan settler pass tickets on ebay 

and i made a bit of money 

it was very easy to sell them snd j reckon this year you would make even more money 

I not going to lie and say the ultra-capitalist in me hasn't thought about that but with the tight timelines (and the pressure to sell making me liable to be conned etc) and the general moral position of it given the pandemic horribleness that many have gone through, not really in it to make money at this point. Would rather just go admin-lite and safe...

The moral aspect would depend  on how much profit you wanted to make.

None of those tickets  went to the last bid 

We had so many stories and some were genuinely tear jerking! I honestly felt like giving them away but i couldn't  afford that.

Perhaps putting them on ebay and selling them to the person who needs them the most for the price you paid is the best thing to do?

Either way you will flog them with ease

Can anyone with last years programme take a photo of the map including as much of the settlement area as is shown please? I'm trying to avoid work but planning tent location strategy.

In return I promise to upload a photo of the line up as soon as I get to the site on the Monday (aiming for 9:45am) unless someone beats me to it...

10 minutes ago, TechnoNotice said:

Can anyone with last years programme take a photo of the map including as much of the settlement area as is shown please? I'm trying to avoid work but planning tent location strategy.

In return I promise to upload a photo of the line up as soon as I get to the site on the Monday (aiming for 9:45am) unless someone beats me to it...

I'm not going to do that in case you pinch our normal settlement spot! Haha. 

Once you get wristbands you cross a small concrete path/road and then anything on the right which isn't camper vans is fair game.

Last time they allowed settlers to camp on the field by the Settlers Bar which hasn't happened before, I presume because more people showed up. Then after the festival they had that thing  when they said no gazebos next time and people had a melt down.

Maybe there were more settlers or maybe everyone just has tents 3 times the size they need to be and 6 gazebos each. Come Friday there were people turning up and wandering around with tents and nowhere to put them.

3 minutes ago, benali said:

I'm not going to do that in case you pinch our normal settlement spot! Haha. 

Once you get wristbands you cross a small concrete path/road and then anything on the right which isn't camper vans is fair game.

Last time they allowed settlers to camp on the field by the Settlers Bar which hasn't happened before, I presume because more people showed up. Then after the festival they had that thing  when they said no gazebos next time and people had a melt down.

Maybe there were more settlers or maybe everyone just has tents 3 times the size they need to be and 6 gazebos each. Come Friday there were people turning up and wandering around with tents and nowhere to put them.

Sorry, I wasn't clear, we were there in 2019 but my memory of the settlement bit is hazy! We ended up quite far from everything with a long walk both from the car, to the bar, to the site and quite far from the toilets (I know, I don't know how either). We have moved house in the last few months and after scouring 8 boxes which all should have festival programmes in I can't find the GM19 one. I promise not to nick your spot! I'm sure it is a nice one though. 

May aim really is to cajole the troops into aiming for a region which best suits us all. I'm thinking closer to the settlement bar / BBQ's but I have others in the group who feel different!

I have this image which was scoured from deep within the internet but it cuts off on the right hand side!

And yes, I remember the great gazebo meltdown... It seems so long ago now. We do have a gazebo so I'm kind of happy about that, but it's 1 gazebo with 4 families using it. Not 4 of them attached like a real ale tent.

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-19 at 13.08.02.jpeg

Yellow is camper vans, red is the main settlers. The brown tent thing at the bottom of the settlers bit is the bar which they leave a big space in front of for people to sit on the first 3 days. Once Thursday comes the rest of the crowd pile in and fill those gaps.

Blue is approximately where some settlers camped last time.

Screenshot_20210719-173146__01__01.jpg

Absolutely top work although your coloured circles do resemble something a little phallic if you ask me...

I think we must have ended up towards the top left towards the compost loos. Great for number 2's but seemingly miles from everything else (we had a 2 year old with us hence the exaggerated distance - finally he should be able to carry himself on his legs.)

2 minutes ago, TechnoNotice said:

Sorry, I wasn't clear, we were there in 2019 but my memory of the settlement bit is hazy! We ended up quite far from everything with a long walk both from the car, to the bar, to the site and quite far from the toilets (I know, I don't know how either). We have moved house in the last few months and after scouring 8 boxes which all should have festival programmes in I can't find the GM19 one. I promise not to nick your spot! I'm sure it is a nice one though. 

May aim really is to cajole the troops into aiming for a region which best suits us all. I'm thinking closer to the settlement bar / BBQ's but I have others in the group who feel different!

I have this image which was scoured from deep within the internet but it cuts off on the right hand side!

And yes, I remember the great gazebo meltdown... It seems so long ago now. We do have a gazebo so I'm kind of happy about that, but it's 1 gazebo with 4 families using it. Not 4 of them attached like a real ale tent.

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-19 at 13.08.02.jpeg

Haha, no problem I was only joking about being in our spot.

We generally aim for the right hand side of the field which runs alongside the road. Reason being is that it's always convenient to have an easy place for the kids to find and if you're in the middle of a field surrounded by tents they can get a bit confused.

Once you go across the path you can walk for a hundred metres or so and camp directly on the right. There's a load of toilets and showers nearby and also it's not far from the car park. Seeing as you are there early you should get the pick of the best spots. On the aerial map I posted above it would be nearby that biggest clump of trees where the red and yellow sections overlap.

If you have people who are light sleepers with you I think there's a generator around there that powers the showers. 

1 minute ago, TechnoNotice said:

Absolutely top work although your coloured circles do resemble something a little phallic if you ask me...

I think we must have ended up towards the top left towards the compost loos. Great for number 2's but seemingly miles from everything else (we had a 2 year old with us hence the exaggerated distance - finally he should be able to carry himself on his legs.)

Yeah those compost toilets are quite a walk, we normally go about halfway down the field to where they are.

Agreed about the phallic circles, I mean who doesn't like drawing a cock and balls!

hellooooo gorgeous green man folk!

i just got my steward application approved so thought i'd pop on here and get involved in some festy chat. I am usually a regular (more often spying that posting)¬†in the glastonbury end of efests but found it difficult to stay on and keep spirits high during the whole c*v*d thing. I must say it feels amazing to be back and to finally have something exciting to scroll ‚̧ԳŹ¬†

this will be my first time going! i'm floored by the line up. i know i'll be working so won't catch everything but i'm sure whatever i stumble across will be bloody gorgeous. 

Looking forward to a wee solo trip from Leeds, love an adventure hehe 

• Upvote 4

This is gonna be a long shot I know and have set up notifications on Fanticks and what not but one of my pals wants to come along so trying to find just 1 ticket. If anyone knows or hears of one going it would be greatly appreciated if you let know, a Growler on me!

5 hours ago, betharm said:

hellooooo gorgeous green man folk!

i just got my steward application approved so thought i'd pop on here and get involved in some festy chat. I am usually a regular (more often spying that posting)¬†in the glastonbury end of efests but found it difficult to stay on and keep spirits high during the whole c*v*d thing. I must say it feels amazing to be back and to finally have something exciting to scroll ‚̧ԳŹ¬†

this will be my first time going! i'm floored by the line up. i know i'll be working so won't catch everything but i'm sure whatever i stumble across will be bloody gorgeous. 

Looking forward to a wee solo trip from Leeds, love an adventure hehe 

You will love it. I went on my own as a steward a few years ago, probably the best festival experience I've had ever. Staff and crowds are pretty much all lovely, the site is small enough that you'd have to get quite unlucky not to get a couple of postings where you can listen to/watch a couple of bands. There's a staff bar that goes on after hours which is a nice place to go and hang out in and chat to people when everything else is shut. Also, getting up at the crack of dawn and seeing the sunrise over the mountains and light up a pristine arena with nobody in it yet is an amazing experience.

• Upvote 3

Received a motorhome ticket through the post yesterday which was bought on a separate order. Not received all the tickets from the main order yet though.

Surprised they've started sending them out given people may request refunds. I had actually requested a refund on this one ticket as we didn't need it anymore so now have the ticket, but hoping to have a confirmation of the refund shortly.

Has anyone who requested a refund after the announcement last week had anything back from Ticketline yet?

54 minutes ago, hez said:

Received a motorhome ticket through the post yesterday which was bought on a separate order. Not received all the tickets from the main order yet though.

Surprised they've started sending them out given people may request refunds. I had actually requested a refund on this one ticket as we didn't need it anymore so now have the ticket, but hoping to have a confirmation of the refund shortly.

Has anyone who requested a refund after the announcement last week had anything back from Ticketline yet?

I've moved a couple of times since my original order, so mailed to change my address. They said the physical tickets have been printed (but cancelled mine and rebooked) and will be sent out at least seven days in advance.

4 minutes ago, tjrant said:

Did anyone work out what we should do regarding vaccine proof or negative tests? Think I need to call a number in Wales to get a vaccine confirmation letter, but wondered what the consensus was?

If you were vaccinated in Wales, follow these instructions to create a digital pass that can be scanned on your phone. You can also download a PDF to print (but the code expires after 2 weeks I think, so only print it just before the festival).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stanful said:

If you were vaccinated in Wales, follow these instructions to create a digital pass that can be scanned on your phone. You can also download a PDF to print (but the code expires after 2 weeks I think, so only print it just before the festival).

I was vaccinated in Wales (2nd dose two weeks ago today) and having followed those instructions it says I have no COVID NHS Pass - yikes.

Thanks for the info and it's a good reminder as I need to find out what has gone wrong before the festival!