Green Man 2021

Gilgamesh69

I'm split on this. I'm due to work at GM, and I've heard nothing about whether it's happening yet. But that doesn't usually happen until March in any case.

The August date, smaller capacity, and demographic of the audience all make Green Man seem like it could be one of the festivals that could actually go ahead. 

I'm also not worrying too much about the differences approaches between Drakeford and Johnson. If by the end of June, England has opened up completely without restrictions, I don't see us in Wales being far behind. 

Can't remember if it sold out or not, but if anyone is looking for 2 tickets at cost price please let me know. Whether it goes ahead or not I won't be able to go as I will have a new and very tiny baby...

Happy to wait on confirmation of it going ahead before taking any money for tickets. 

3 hours ago, PresentlyTense said:

Can't remember if it sold out or not, but if anyone is looking for 2 tickets at cost price please let me know. Whether it goes ahead or not I won't be able to go as I will have a new and very tiny baby...

Happy to wait on confirmation of it going ahead before taking any money for tickets. 

I jumped into this forum to see when a resale may occur, and spotted your post! I'd definitely be interested in purchasing your tickets through a secure means, I believe they recommend Fanticks? 

I'll DM you

Edited by JamesG543

Wonderful news at last! Our inbox has been buzzing and we’re over the moon to say that, YES, the road to GM21 is looking a whole lot more positive. We'll be following Wales’ route out of lockdown so the guidance might look somewhat different to England, but we’re planning away, with tickets and line-up landing in the next couple of months.

A massive cheers to all you folk for your support - it means a great deal. And if you had tickets for GM20 and didn't apply for a refund then your tickets automatically rolled over to GM21, you don't have to do anything. 

We cannot wait to be together in the Welsh mountains again! Biggest love, GM x

On 2/25/2021 at 3:20 PM, Gilgamesh69 said:

Screenshot 2021-02-25 at 15.19.24.png

I actually feel this is quite noncommittal, line up/tickets in the next couple of months is very vague. 

My god i hope it happens but I still feel there's a less than 50% chance of it going ahead, especially as it's in Wales who have been consistently more conservative than England in their route out of lockdown.  

The next best thing to Glastonbury.  Obviously tiny by comparison but it's like they've picked all the best bits of Glasto without the hassle.  So you've got the best food stalls from Glasto, some of the best activities from Glasto, and a lovely atmosphere in a stunning setting.

• Upvote 3

On 2/28/2021 at 11:23 AM, grumpyhack said:

The next best thing to Glastonbury.  Obviously tiny by comparison but it's like they've picked all the best bits of Glasto without the hassle.  So you've got the best food stalls from Glasto, some of the best activities from Glasto, and a lovely atmosphere in a stunning setting.

can we, like, start pretending its a bit shit? So, when tickets do go on sale, it would be a mad scramble, like its the last bog roll on the shelves?!?

• Upvote 1

Green Man is my favourite place on Earth and I’ve only been once (such was the impact of it on me!). 

I went to the Breacon Beacons this summer and was annoying my partner a lot as everytime we drove through Crickhowell I stopped the car just to have a quick peek over the wall into Glanusk park! 

Can’t wait to get back! 

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I just want them to replace Mac Demarco with Mogwai tbh

If American imports are unviable this year, either through continuing travel restrictions or there not being a European festival circuit, I imagine every British act around that level will be subject to an extended bunfight.

Just now, Guy Incognito said:

How likely is it that the headliners change for this? Line up overall is decent but none of the top line does anything for me. Would possibly consider doing this instead of EoTR and now that Primavera Sound has cancelled.

Pretty much 100% guaranteed they won't have the same 4 headliners.