Green Man 2021

Gilgamesh69

3 minutes ago, retromoz said:

OK.....so....that line up is VERY Moz friendly!!! HURRAH!!!

However.....i have a question. On their Covid 19 update on their FAQS they say....

"Proof of vaccination from Wales or Scotland. Those from Wales and Scotland can provide their vaccination records to show they have had both doses"

I assume this is a typo, and those of us jabbed by the bill hicks chip here in England will also be OK? Or will I have to do a lateral flow test too?

I mean.....I OBVIOUSLY will.....Im gonna be going! 🙂

They mention the NHS app to prove vaccination status, I was assuming that people vaccinated in England will have to use that to prove their status.

Fuck. A Duck!

That Far Out After Dark line up is phenomenal for Green Man! As an up-all-nighter at Glastonbury, that makes me very, very happy.

KLO!
Giant Swan!
Overmono!
Hannah Holland!

Having done nothing but Boomtown and Glastonbury since 2015 (a cheeky Latitude in there with Child 3), I had resigned myself to the idea that the 'other side' of my festival (0000-0600h) would likely be very light. This is amazing news.

Add to that a daytime line-up already heralding a clashterfuck and this is such great news. Please festival gods, let nothing cock this up now!!!

Ben

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Never looked at Green Man before but that is an amazing lineup.

How much will tickets for this cost once they go back on resale? Also, how likely is it that Thundercat will actually be at this when presumably he isn't based in the UK? I haven't really been following what is happening with overseas acts.

One thing about the Rising Stage is that more of the acts seem to be bigger than that stage? Not sure if they have stayed true to whoever they booked for 2020 but I would have thought Drug Store Romeos, Do Nothing, Tina, Lazarus Kane etc would have outgrown Rising now.

1 minute ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

If anyone has ONE ticket for sale for this I'd be interested in buying it - litterpicking jobs have filled up rather quicker that I anticipated!

Register on Fanticks https://www.fanticks.com/ and you should receive notifications if tickets go on resale but they go lightening quick.

7 minutes ago, Tuna said:

https://clashfinder.com/s/gm2021/

Not familiar with GM times so went off of 2019s. Feel free to edit, obv. 

Thanks so much for being so quick on it! I was in the process of making one too but you've sped over the finishing line:) Still blown away by the lineup, so many incredible bands they've got for us. Buzzing!

2 minutes ago, copperbottom said:

Thanks so much for being so quick on it! I was in the process of making one too but you've sped over the finishing line:) Still blown away by the lineup, so many incredible bands they've got for us. Buzzing!

Anything to avoid work... 

I don't have a medical bone in my body, I'm keen to go but... my festival buddy is a bit chary.  We're both fit as butchers dogs with no underlying health conditions and in our early 60's.  Are we being foolhardy if we go, or just plain chicken if we don't?

Is there anyone out there (looking at you, @bennyhana22) who can offer any quick insights into risk levels?  Thanks in advance.

9 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Would have loved some slightly darker UK electronic stuff like Forest Swords/Actress/Blank Mass for a bit of a woodsy-Midsommar-rave vibe but yeah most of the lineup is decent considering the pool of artists they had to choose from.

Lorraine James might give a bit of that.

I really wanted Daniel Avery to play.

1 minute ago, adequate8 said:

Are times normally announced in programmes then so no dice of planning before? When do Settlers arrive?

Someone usually is kind enough to photograph the programme and share it at 1005 on the Monday morning.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chazwozza said:

I don't have a medical bone in my body, I'm keen to go but... my festival buddy is a bit chary.  We're both fit as butchers dogs with no underlying health conditions and in our early 60's.  Are we being foolhardy if we go, or just plain chicken if we don't?

Is there anyone out there (looking at you, @bennyhana22) who can offer any quick insights into risk levels?  Thanks in advance.

If it's of any help, I'm older than you and have no qualms at the moment about going. Going is not being foolhardy and not going is not being chicken.

The risk of contracting/passing on Covid in an outside environment has always been and remains low, but not non-existent. Yes you will be in a crowd and so will be closer to other people than is perhaps ideal in terms of Covid transmission, but not for being at a festival. Everybody there will have demonstrated that they are low risk through either being vaccinated or testing negative before the event. 

It would be naïve to claim that there is no risk but in my judgement the risk is low and you will be in a place where you can remove yourself to somewhere less risky if you feel uncomfortable, it's not like being stuck in a tube train. 

Hope to see you there and I'm sure you'll have a great time but it's up to everybody to make their own judgement call.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

If it's of any help, I'm older than you and have no qualms at the moment about going. Going is not being foolhardy and not going is not being chicken.

The risk of contracting/passing on Covid in an outside environment has always been and remains low, but not non-existent. Yes you will be in a crowd and so will be closer to other people than is perhaps ideal in terms of Covid transmission, but not for being at a festival. Everybody there will have demonstrated that they are low risk through either being vaccinated or testing negative before the event. 

It would be naïve to claim that there is no risk but in my judgement the risk is low and you will be in a place where you can remove yourself to somewhere less risky if you feel uncomfortable, it's not like being stuck in a tube train. 

Hope to see you there and I'm sure you'll have a great time but it's up to everybody to make their own judgement call.

I have just come back from 2 festivals recently Timber and New Forrest folk. We had to take  lateral flow test before arriving and at New Forrest we had our temperature checked on entry. I do the lateral flow tests when I have come back as well for my own piece of mind. However as you said Each person has to make up their own mind as to the risk invovled

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chazwozza said:

@Chazwozza

You've not said so, but I'm assuming that you're both double vaccinated.

Well...where do I start?!

The problem is, it's a hugely personal issue, and what's right for one super fit double-vaxxed 60 year old is anathema to another. In terms of 'actual risk' - the risk of serious illness requiring hospitalisation for double-vaxxed, healthy (no co-morbidities) people in the UK is incredibly low - reduced by 91-96% by virtue of vaccination. Can you still catch delta? Yes, you can. Will you if someone has it at GM? Possibly. Will you get sick? - almost certainly not. Will you get very sick? - almost definitely not. On that basis, for me, the risk is entirely acceptable (and I'm a bit younger, but my COVID risk stratification would be very similar to yours).

My next door neighbour tested positive yesterday. He's 73-74 and in decent health. Double-vaxxed. He's 'fine'. Fine to the point that if I was 'only' that ill (cold-like symptoms) at Green Man, I'd still be having a good time.

I have zero concerns for myself in going. I expect to behave pretty much exactly as I would in 'normal' times - remember, everyone must be negative or double-vaxxed, so the volume of circulating virus in the festival will be very, very low - including dancing to KLO and Overmono in Far Out in a sweaty, techno-addled mess. I will, of course, respect others' needs there, but similarly if someone wants a hug at 2am, I will likely give one. 

Not to give these Tory fuckers an inch, there is personal responsibility integrated into getting through this, so long as you're kind and respectful.

Typically verbose response, but short answer is, if you're vaccinated and feel fine about going, the risk of anything significant befalling you, or those around you, is extremely small. See you down the front.

Ben
x

Edited by bennyhana22
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2