Green Man 2021

Gilgamesh69

31 minutes ago, NotAnInsider said:

Big segment on the Welsh BBC news this evening;

* festival can legally go ahead at the moment

* however, they can’t get insurance. If they commit to the festival then have to cancel it will be the end of Green Man

* They will be asking people to prove they don’t have covid 

* it brings in £10 million to Mid Wales and they made a point of the outreach programmes. 

* lots of people from Crickhowell saying how good GM is. 

It was a really good piece and very positive for the festival. Overall thrust was that they really need some kind of insurance from the Welsh Government.
We aren’t out of the woods yet. 

Was this from the festival?

Will Hayward asked Mr Drakeford if he would feel safe going to a festival in August when the restrictions are relaxed.

Mr Drakeford said while he has no plans to attend a festival, he would feel safe if he were to do so.

"I would not tell others it was safe to do so if I didn't think it was safe for them.

13 minutes ago, Aeroplane Over the Sea said:

8639BB75-B9AC-4603-B155-6DECAA2F3BCF.thumb.png.cca67bd1e73169a73032ea964074b5f9.png

Let’s hope this means tomorrow… I think we would’ve know by now if it was off.

I have to say, while everything today has been positive news, I’m not convinced and do understand why they’ve been tentative.

1 minute ago, boaboaboa said:

Let’s hope this means tomorrow… I think we would’ve know by now if it was off.

I have to say, while everything today has been positive news, I’m not convinced and do understand why they’ve been tentative.

Personally I thought the announcement today was going to be the final nail in the coffin but let’s see… fingers crossed!

"
Well, today the news we have been waiting for!! Though we have been working over the last few months there are somethings that we have not been able to sort out until the Welsh Government made there announcements today. Please look out for emails in the next few weeks as we finalise our plans and help us by responding quickly.

The next thing we have to concentrate our positive energy on is the weather!!

See you in a months time!!!
"

^ from the Stewarding team

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

"
Well, today the news we have been waiting for!! Though we have been working over the last few months there are somethings that we have not been able to sort out until the Welsh Government made there announcements today. Please look out for emails in the next few weeks as we finalise our plans and help us by responding quickly.

The next thing we have to concentrate our positive energy on is the weather!!

See you in a months time!!!
"

^ from the Stewarding team

Are we saying...

...release the "It's Happening!" gif?

😲

Ben

9 minutes ago, Ed90 said:

WOW

In other news, I had a dream about the line-up last night. Massive Attack were headlining, and I didn't know any of the other artists. 

You're welcome

Dayumm I'd take that!

Bizarrely, I also dreamt about it last night and can confirm that Jamie XX is taking a big spot. Didn't expect that given his APE slot 😅.

What are we thinking about an announcement then gang? Is tomorrow optimistic?

The line-up MUST be drafted, surely just a case of pressing play on it and sending it?

We're approaching the one month mark now, get those double jabs on the go if you haven't already! 🙃

7 minutes ago, boaboaboa said:

What are we thinking about an announcement then gang? Is tomorrow optimistic?

The line-up MUST be drafted, surely just a case of pressing play on it and sending it?

We're approaching the one month mark now, get those double jabs on the go if you haven't already! 🙃

Honestly, I was expecting something today haha.

I actually need to know to make travel and annual leave arrangements. The longer it goes, the more confident I am in a weird way.

My second jab isn't until the 30th so won't quite have full protection by the time GM rolls around but very close!

I think the line up has to come out tomorrow, and hoping for something teasing it later today.

And thanks everyone for all the updates! I can't be the only one frantically refreshing this feed every five minutes hoping for positive news...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, tjrant said:

I think the line up has to come out tomorrow, and hoping for something teasing it later today.

And thanks everyone for all the updates! I can't be the only one frantically refreshing this feed every five minutes hoping for positive news...

Absolutely!! I’m not sure whether I am getting concerned yet that we haven’t heard a triumphant ‘we’re on’ from them

After watching bbc wales today yesterday I would have thought they must be still trying to secure some type of insurance via the welsh government. But they must think they have a reasonable chance of going ahead or they would have just cancelled already, surely???

I think we're close, that's for sure.

Monday is also a natural day for it, but I think strike while the iron is hot, as I'm sure if any negotiations are taking place it wouldn't happen over the weekend anyway. Though Monday would be exactly a month 'till the fest, so could be a natural fit?

Given recently how open they've been about the financial impact the festival has on the local area, I'm sure they will have been having behind the scenes chats with the gov about how to proceed for some time

They've probably got a lot of stuff to iron out before they can confirm it's on - making sure risk assessments fit the actual announced regs, staffing, site layout stuff, Covid testing, checking with the local authority, finances and other tedious stuff. 

It could all take a few days or even a week to get through all that stuff before they're ready to confirm. But everyday we don't hear anything is a step closer to the big OK.

• Upvote 1