Green Man 2021

Gilgamesh69

Looking likely that Wales is going to be broadly in line with England now, but with face coverings still legally mandated in some scenarios - probably public transport and healthcare at least. More details will no doubt leak over before the announcement from WG on Friday.

80%+ chance we’re on I reckon. 

• Upvote 5

So is tomorrow basically the day we find out if its on or off?

welsh govt announcement wednesday on what, if any, restrictions are being relaxed and from what date.

I suppose the only threat is that things change again before gates open but you would like to think that risk is pretty small and enough to proceed on

Yep, I would expect GM announcement tomorrow eve or Thurs morning.

I may be being overly optimistic, but I'd be astonished if they didn't go ahead now.  I HOPE they've got some idea what the Welsh gov are going to do. Even if they haven't, leaving festival goers in the lurch this late in the day would be a little surprising.  There are a few other festivals/holiday plans we could've all made, and have potentially missed out on.  Again, I HOPE this factored into their thinking.  

But, I'm also prepared to be gutted for the second time this week.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Chazwozza said:

Now here's an interesting development, the Spotify playlist for Green Man 2020 has been re-named Green Man 2021.... and it's currently empty.  Suggests (at the very least) that this year's lineup is about to be released...  🤞

Hell of a spot. 

So confirmation of it going ahead + the lineup in the next couple of days? 

My confidence in this happening just skyrocketed. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

So any idea when we can expect that announcement from the Welsh government? Am growing very impatient, but at least there's a 1 in 5 chance of a Green Man announcement this week!

Drakeford will address the Senedd at 3pm with a news conference at 5.15pm. 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

So any idea when we can expect that announcement from the Welsh government? Am growing very impatient, but at least there's a 1 in 5 chance of a Green Man announcement this week!

It seems like, judging by this article, the best we can hope for from their announcement is the penciling-in of early August for the move to 'level zero', and wait until the next review (9th August?) for confirmation. If they've given GM some form of insurance or safety net, or announce any specific guideline changes about large outdoors events, I imagine we can expect to hear from GM very soon! If not, GM may have to make some tough calls. Anyone else feeling more / less optimistic than me?🙂

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-57822816

Edited by copperbottom

I'm positive, but nervous. Most of the things they've done would just be on the assumption that they're carrying on as normal for now and making sure everything essential is good to go. However, the updating of their Spotify playlist (great spot by someone further up) name to GM2021 is giving me hope as there's no necessary or logistical reason for them to do that at this point unless they're about to add a load of new songs to it. 

With Scotland going ahead with SOME easing, I'd be surprised if they didn't at least ease the restrictions slightly on July 19th.  It might not be full on "do whatever you want" lunacy, but does the way GM are behaving suggest they know it'll be enough for them to go ahead?  

Twitter thread from Mark Drakeford

Also from Saturday there will be no limit on the amount of people who can gather outdoors in Wales - and we will no longer have to social distance when outdoors.  We must stick to 6 people and keep our distance when indoors to reduce the risk.  I''ve also set out our long-term plan to ease remaining restrictions - known as Alert Level 0 – from 7 August if it is safe to do so.

I think we might be ok?

• Like 1