37 minutes ago, riverlodge said:

also looking for just x1 spare, preferably settlers but not that fussy!

have a few names on here that (might!) vouch for me 😋

He's a RIGHT Wrong un! 😜

(ASIDE : He is a top man with impeccable tastes!)

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Any chance we'll get an announcement of some surnames before Christmas?

I've updated my speculative line up. It looks like there are a fair few non-UK based acts being announced for things in Aug/Sep so there are a few below as a result. New names not on the original line

Reckon Angel went on holiday to the Breacon Beacons during lockdown and decided it was the place for her 

Posted Images

Hurray I got tickets! But 2 orders showing as pending on my bank account too - hopefully it'll get sorted.

I've not looked at all at anything Green Man-based yet, what with having Bearded Theory in September. I moved for GM tickets when BT moved back to May 2022. 

Does anyone have any line-up info? Presumably if they've previously announced the line-up we can be expecting the UK based acts from that at least?

Ticketing today sounded stressful. Good luck to those still hunting. 

As an aside, today's email said 'line-up arriving very soon', which is slightly more promising than Tuesday's 'in the next few months'!

3 hours ago, Memory Man said:

True, it was just my annoyance at a ticketing experience which was really poor and i thought had been consigned to the history books. Clearly ticketline are way behind in technology. They couldnt even do the que bit properly. If you have a que its so when you actually get on the site it works. Everyone else in the industry can manage it (skiddle, even resident advisor) 

I can understand your frustration though; I got in almost on the dot of 10:00 and then it timed out whenever I clicked next before coming back again and then telling me my time had run out. Luckily, a friend was also trying and got mine for me.

On 5/6/2021 at 11:32 AM, riverlodge said:

also looking for just x1 spare, preferably settlers but not that fussy!

have a few names on here that (might!) vouch for me 😋

Grab any ticket you can and get the settlers upgrade - never seen the settlers upgrade sell out (happy to be corrected on that)

So we've gone from lineup in the "next few months" to "more news on the lineup soon" and "Get your eyes peeled for line-up soon 👀"

Feels like they'll never release it 😩

2 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

So we've gone from lineup in the "next few months" to "more news on the lineup soon" and "Get your eyes peeled for line-up soon 👀"

I predict it will be some time in the next fifteen weeks...

Aren't those really the same thing, though, as in "don't worry, it's coming"? I wonder if they're genuinely having trouble rebooking the top end or if it's in hand but they want to be more confident of going ahead before saying anything else publicly, although you'd have to say putting the refunded tickets on sale is a fairly good idea that they're leaning towards it.

15 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I'd quite like it if they didn't release some of them names until the festival starts. It would add an exciting element of surprise to proceedings. I enjoy the thrill of the chase at EOTR when they have secret acts. Gets people talking and there's random WhatsApp groups set to keep up with any latest intel, it's a lot of fun.

We're all (hopefully) going anyway, makes no difference to me who they announce beforehand now.

3 hours ago, benali said:

I'd quite like it if they didn't release some of them names until the festival starts. It would add an exciting element of surprise to proceedings. I enjoy the thrill of the chase at EOTR when they have secret acts. Gets people talking and there's random WhatsApp groups set to keep up with any latest intel, it's a lot of fun.

We're all (hopefully) going anyway, makes no difference to me who they announce beforehand now.

Boomtown did that and then cancelled the event a few weeks later so I'd now be wary of any festival 'holding back names' until the event of not actually having the names.

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Boomtown did that and then cancelled the event a few weeks later so I'd now be wary of any festival 'holding back names' until the event of not actually having the names.

That's a little unfair on Boomtown - they announced that they wouldn't releasing a lineup ahead of the festival back in October when they first revealed the plans for the "reset" - there was a pretty substantial gap between saying that and then cancelling and I don't think it's right to connect the two things.

1 minute ago, incident said:

That's a little unfair on Boomtown - they announced that they wouldn't releasing a lineup ahead of the festival back in October when they first revealed the plans for the "reset" - there was a pretty substantial gap between saying that and then cancelling and I don't think it's right to connect the two things.

Ah, really? Yeah sorry. I think I only heard about it on here a few weeks before and figured it was new news.

7 hours ago, benali said:

I've had dreams where this has happened and I can categorically state that the lineup is unmitigated shit whenever they go down this route. Do not want this.

• Upvote 1
On 5/9/2021 at 9:57 AM, benali said:

As someone who spends the months prior to specifically Green Man (don’t really do it for other festivals) researching the lineup in crazy detail and finding most of my new music this way, I’d like at least a couple of months notice on the undercard if possible!! Hold back the big names for sure, I already know I don’t like Mogwai

1 hour ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Even though there's still 2020 winner Nuha Ruby Ra to play yet (and the finalists to find places on the bill), Green Man Rising has opened: https://www.greenman.net/rising/

She's great, had the pleasure of staying with her and her band 'Arrows of Love' plus a few others in Austin for SXSW 2015 at a mates house.

Edited by Paul ™
3 hours ago, Aeroplane Over the Sea said:

As someone who spends the months prior to specifically Green Man (don’t really do it for other festivals) researching the lineup in crazy detail and finding most of my new music this way, I’d like at least a couple of months notice on the undercard if possible!! Hold back the big names for sure, I already know I don’t like Mogwai

I'd always like this research time too.

But don't like Mogwai?!

They were great in the rain in...2012!

🙂

Ben

37 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

I'd always like this research time too.

But don't like Mogwai?!

They were great in the rain in...2012!

🙂

Ben

I was at The Bees in the tent while Mogwai were on in 2012... a band I absolutely adored, and seem to have played less than a handful of gigs since; I’ve not really understood why they disappeared but they were a great live show

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Aeroplane Over the Sea said:

I was at The Bees in the tent while Mogwai were on in 2012... a band I absolutely adored, and seem to have played less than a handful of gigs since; I’ve not really understood why they disappeared but they were a great live show

And I'll take a wild guess that you watched NMH in 2014...?

😉

Ben

30 minutes ago, Aeroplane Over the Sea said:

A couple of band members started a new project 77:78 a few years back, signed to Heavenly. I think they played a bunch of festivals. 

Edited by dentalplan

Not sure if it's been picked up on here but Pukkelpop has been given the go ahead for August. Should increase the pool size of GM type bands available as they often share acts. Whose rumoured for GM this year? 

17 hours ago, DDave said:

Not sure if it's been picked up on here but Pukkelpop has been given the go ahead for August. Should increase the pool size of GM type bands available as they often share acts. Whose rumoured for GM this year? 

Mogwai have been mentioned a few times on here, I could see Baxter Dury slotting in somewhere too but bar that nothing. I don't think it will differ too much from the 2020 line up they released hopefully a surprise act like EOTR pulled out with Mr Greenwood

18 hours ago, DDave said:

There haven't really been any rumours, just guesses, especially as Pukkelpop haven't actually announced anyone yet either. There were a few names mentioned a while back based on social media follows but they all seem to be playing EOTR. A good place to start would be last year's lineup presumably without the non-British acts, or at least those in the bigger print. which unfortunately is quite a lot. Also there probably won't be much crossover between those and the big name on the EOTR lineup, although they're (I'd assume) sharing Richard Dawson.

31 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

There’s lots of retweeting and liking between GM and Mogwai on Twitter so I definitely think they’re a headliner. 

More of this please, it’s not a run up to a lineup announcement without your Twitter analysis 

• Upvote 1