U.S. Presidential Election

FloorFiller

3 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

I'm deeply glad he didn't get the nomination. The stop and frisk was enough to rule him out for me, but I'm pleased it didn't set the precedent that the presidency is only open to the uber rich, that essentially it is for sale if you can afford it.

I know that it is looking likely that Trump was not the billionaire he claims to be, but at the time he still had access to a supply of cash that meant he could outspend any and all rivals if he needed to.

In fairness all of the pro myths about how good Trump would be as President like being able to run the government like a business to ensure efficiency would actually apply to Bloomberg as he showed it with NY already.

Not to say Bloomberg was my preference (that was Bernie) but I just don't think Bloomberg would have been a bad choice.

6 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Some cheeky rogues (source Simon Hoare MP) had a wee scuffle (source BBC Laura Kuensberg) in Washington DC.

Joking aside I'm honestly still reeling from that. Truly a low point in a career strewn with low points.

Just now, maelzoid said:

To rub in her eyes, cause her to cry more and look more victimised.

Who randomly decides to rub onion in their eyes? I never leave the house without one just incase I need to get some attention. 

If you actually got some tear gas/cs spray in your eyes. Trust me you won’t need an onion!

12 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Who randomly decides to rub onion in their eyes? I never leave the house without one just incase I need to get some attention. 

If you actually got some tear gas/cs spray in your eyes. Trust me you won’t need an onion!

now im just imagining an army of squirrels in tears due to cs gas ....

8 minutes ago, Homer said:

Apparently onion near eye is believed to help fight the effects of teargas, etc.

Apparently a myth, as seen here:

https://newssafety.org/safety/advisories/protecting-yourself-from-tear-gas/

But Elizabeth may not have known that and it seems a common fallacy. I wonder where you get a raw onion from at a revolution though.

1 minute ago, maelzoid said:

Apparently a myth, as seen here:

https://newssafety.org/safety/advisories/protecting-yourself-from-tear-gas/

But Elizabeth may not have known that and it seems a common fallacy. I wonder where you get a raw onion from at a revolution though.

They can charge her with going equipped 😀