U.S. Presidential Election

FloorFiller

1 minute ago, squirrelarmy said:

Trumps Twitter probably going to be unlocked in about half an hours time. He will likely to be asleep though but be ready for ranting to resume

How long before they boot him permanently do you reckon?

If he doesn't wind it in I give him until the end of the week.

55 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

what you mean is that Manhattan changed. Whether it was Rudi's policies can be reasonably disputed.

The timing coincided with the reduction of lead (from petrol) in the air - which has seen big falls in inner city crimespots located on traffic-busy areas.

It might be coincidental of course - it can't be absolutely proven - but there's a strong correlation with lead reduction all around the world (and with the lead reduction happening at different times all round the world).

It will be of course due to a number of factors and not just one.

Did hear a program which talked about it years back and they had a couple of the people that came up with the various elements which were used on policing and other parts. Can't remember much.

Never too sure about the lead link at all really, how ever could play a part of course but heard it debunked a few times

8 minutes ago, Quark said:

How long before they boot him permanently do you reckon?

If he doesn't wind it in I give him until the end of the week.

One of the conditions of the temporary ban is that he has to delete the inciting tweets. If he doesn’t then he will get permabanned. 

8 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

It will be of course due to a number of factors and not just one.

Did hear a program which talked about it years back and they had a couple of the people that came up with the various elements which were used on policing and other parts. Can't remember much.

Never too sure about the lead link at all really, how ever could play a part of course but heard it debunked a few times

I thought Bloomberg was the one who properly cleaned up NY, apart from the iffy stop and frisk program his time seemed to have done the trick.

I would have loved Bloomberg to get the Democratic choice last year just so he can tell Trump he's not actually a Billionaire like how he is.

16 minutes ago, jump said:

I thought Bloomberg was the one who properly cleaned up NY, apart from the iffy stop and frisk program his time seemed to have done the trick.

I would have loved Bloomberg to get the Democratic choice last year just so he can tell Trump he's not actually a Billionaire like how he is.

That is the chaps name, well one of them, thanks. They did talk about the stop and search helped a lot, but done in a certain way (can't remember the details though)

18 minutes ago, jump said:

I'm deeply glad he didn't get the nomination. The stop and frisk was enough to rule him out for me, but I'm pleased it didn't set the precedent that the presidency is only open to the uber rich, that essentially it is for sale if you can afford it.

I know that it is looking likely that Trump was not the billionaire he claims to be, but at the time he still had access to a supply of cash that meant he could outspend any and all rivals if he needed to.

4 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

That is the chaps name, well one of them, thanks. They did talk about the stop and search helped a lot, but done in a certain way (can't remember the details though)

Basically Stop and Search was heavily targeting black people which he eventually apologized for. 

Oh, Gulianni is also a raging alcoholic who used to ring up Trump begging for jobs to pay off his numerous divorces (see: Borat).

Trump used to laugh at him. Not sure what changed - prob cause jobs are doled out due to loyalty as opposed to ability (see: the Mafia/the current Conservative cabinet).