U.S. Presidential Election

FloorFiller

3 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Hell yeah, now that's the kind of quality post I love to see! *Upvotes*

I only want us to strive for finer culinary delights than ham sandwiches. Thinking Biden is the answer and not just a tiny step is incredibly privileged. Some of y'all be acting like the family from Get Out lmfao

image.gif.6a5b7b42713c8ce656f6a3d461dce5c5.gif

42 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Out of everything that has happened/might happen to him, you just know this is hurting him the most.

I wonder if he’s created an account under a fake alias just so he can keep anger tweeting.

Not smart enough to do it since he tried that with other accounts. And because here arent 80 million people on the fake account it means nothing.

17 hours ago, blutarsky said:

I think you can criticise him, for sure. 

I mean, he another old white dude, man. He represents a lot of what’s wrong with US two party politics. The Dems are the left’s only choice and they aren’t a left wing party, but slightly left leaning centrists, and sometimes they’re not even slightly left of centre. 

However, Biden represents opposition to Trump, and was the only option for anyone who is anti-Trump. In that context people became invested in him and he seems to have become somewhat mythologised as a saviour figure. 

I think it’s understandable because Trump genuinely threatened the republic. The comparisons to Hitler don’t really stand up as Trump isn’t ideologically motivated in the way Hitler was, but his motivation of self-interest and his propensity for ignoring convention meant he acted in ways which were totalitarian. He denied the outcome of a democratic election and fostered an extremist base which he encouraged to attempt a coup. That statement may seem like an exaggeration to some, but only because it didn’t come to pass. 

In light of all this, some people who don’t think in too nuanced of a fashion are going to see Biden as a messianic figure.

I don’t think it’s surprising and can be clearly illustrated If we take the Hitler analogy and run with it. 

You only need to look at the way a majority of Brits deify Churchill for being the British leader during WWII, despite the fact he was a white supremacist and an unpopular failure as a peace time leader. 

It’s all about context. Compare a ham sandwich to a baked dog turd and the ham sandwich appears Michelin star worthy.

Tl;dr - Joe Biden is a ham sandwich. 

I have never missed an upvote more than I do right now.  Great post.

@eFestivalsNeil, if we promise to be really, really good children could we have them back please?  Leave us with up votes and remove down votes if that suits, but FFS we need to be able to give support where and when it is warranted.  

9 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

Anybody watching this carry on today?  Mrs Yeti is very interested, myself less so, but I've now got a headache from hearing the word 'fight' over and over again.

Cba actually watching it, especially as the end result is so obvious that this whole thing seems fairly pointless, so just keeping up to date through various Twitter people. 

I believe Trump’s whole defence is just a whole lot of ‘bUt ThE dEmS DiD tHaT tOo’.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Cba actually watching it, especially as the end result is so obvious that this whole thing seems fairly pointless, so just keeping up to date through various Twitter people. 

I believe Trump’s whole defence is just a whole lot of ‘bUt ThE dEmS DiD tHaT tOo’.

That's about it, yeah.  It's an exercise in false equivalence.  

17 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

Anybody watching this carry on today?  Mrs Yeti is very interested, myself less so, but I've now got a headache from hearing the word 'fight' over and over again.

I watched the first vote as that was the indicator of the actual result. No Republican is going to change their mind based on evidence. 

On 1/27/2021 at 2:44 PM, kalifire said:

Hmm, I'm not so sure. He did previously say that Trump committed "impeachable offences". I think he voted against having a trial at all for the same reason as he'd vote to convict - for the sake of the Republican Party, albeit in contradictory ways.

Care to make it interesting? If Mitch votes not to impeach, I'll buy you a cider at the farm next year. If he does, that's one cider you'll owe me.

I never thought I'd be sad about winning a bet, but you owe me a drink 😕

9 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

I watched the first vote as that was the indicator of the actual result. No Republican is going to change their mind based on evidence. 

On 2/12/2021 at 6:01 PM, fatyeti24 said:

I was slightly wrong. 1 Republican was convinced by the evidence. 

USA is officially the most corrupt nation on Earth. 

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

He’s going to run again isn’t he. Either him or his daughter 

I don't think he'll risk it. His ego is too fragile. He'll indulge himself as kingmaker on the sidelines and find/create a new media outlet, which has always been his number one focus.

17 hours ago, kalifire said:

I don't think he'll risk it. His ego is too fragile. He'll indulge himself as kingmaker on the sidelines and find/create a new media outlet, which has always been his number one focus.

Then again I also think he will listen to the people who think he won by a landslide. He can easily run now and claim any victory not in his favour is rigged. It’s win win .