U.S. Presidential Election

FloorFiller

@Gilgamesh69youre sounding awfully lot like a Puritan student politician lol. I get it. Biden isn’t the harbinger of woke utopia. But you’ve got nothing to really call him trash about yet as he’s been in power for a week. You seem to be setting a standard for him so high that you know he can’t meet so you’ve got something to smack him with, which is, exactly what trumps lot are doing.

Horseshoe theory is pretty spot on.

On 1/25/2021 at 7:10 AM, Avalon_Fields said:

Where’s Bernie? Glastonbury edition:

803E9250-40DB-4B10-8574-231505D960B3.png

Today I inserted Bernie into a short online work presentation and only one person from 20 spotted him. 

It was the boss - which is exactly why he is the boss. 

Tomorrow I’m doing online training for the new starters and again I’m using Bernie to help me identify their potential. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Bryanrebe said:

If they don't impeach Trump he'll be a thorn in their side until the day he dies.

McConnell can never, EVER be trusted to do the right thing.

Agreed. But sometimes 'the right thing' and McConnell's agenda overlap, and we have to hope this is one of those times. Of course he's going to vote against the entire trial, but when it happens, it's entirely plausible that he votes to ensure Trump never gets to run again, in the wider interest of the Republican party. If ever there was a time to do it, it's with three years to go before the 2024 primaries.

33 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Agreed. But sometimes 'the right thing' and McConnell's agenda overlap, and we have to hope this is one of those times. Of course he's going to vote against the entire trial, but when it happens, it's entirely plausible that he votes to ensure Trump never gets to run again, in the wider interest of the Republican party. If ever there was a time to do it, it's with three years to go before the 2024 primaries.

Oh I completely agree that he'll do the right thing if it's in his political interest, I just don't count that. But I just have this sinking feeling he showed his intentions today.

I'm a pessimist.

References: rolling chance polls.

2 minutes ago, Bryanrebe said:

Oh I completely agree that he'll do the right thing if it's in his political interest, I just don't count that. But I just have this sinking feeling he showed his intentions today.

I'm a pessimist.

References: rolling chance polls.

Hmm, I'm not so sure. He did previously say that Trump committed "impeachable offences". I think he voted against having a trial at all for the same reason as he'd vote to convict - for the sake of the Republican Party, albeit in contradictory ways.

Care to make it interesting? If Mitch votes not to impeach, I'll buy you a cider at the farm next year. If he does, that's one cider you'll owe me.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

Doesn't really make sense. One of the main points of the EU is they negotiating collective trade deals for all their members. So if we re-joined the EU we couldn't have a UK/US trade deal.

Tells us that the only way they get favourable deals is if we’re part of the EU. If we don’t rejoin then we don’t get them. The US under Biden won’t negotiate a separate deal with us either way.

22 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

It’s great satire as it could very easily be real. 

Unfortunately this isn’t satire. They’ve now resorted to just writing fan fiction and going along with it. Nancy was on the news a moment ago but that won’t stop them believing she is actually in front of a military tribunal right now.

https://twitter.com/parlercringe/status/1354410656045346818?s=21

Loool in attempting to deflect from the resurfaced videos of her harassing the victims of school shootings and accusing them of being ‘false flags‘ + many more instances of being a piece of shit, MTG had gone full ‘I can’t be racist - I have a black friend!’ and is posting four year old screenshots of Facebook posts she made where she wasn’t actively being a piece of shit, all the while deleting a bunch of old tweets.

You just love to see them flail like this: