U.S. Presidential Election

FloorFiller

20 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I don't think he's stupid enough to think he can win.

I do think he thinks his supporters are stupid enough to send him free money.

I do think he may set up a third party to ruin the Republican Party for the foreseeable if they don’t let one of his offspring takeover.

3 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I do think he may set up a third party to ruin the Republican Party for the foreseeable if they don’t let one of his offspring takeover.

No one will vote for Junior or Ivanka or the ones whose names I can't even remember.

OK, not no one. It might cost a few Republicans their seats, but not many. And four years from now is a very long time for someone who's lost their main platform to manage to stay relevant when most Republican voters don't care one way or another for Trump.

Moscow Mitch will be weighing it all up, and will know that the best strategy will be to disable Trump sooner rather than later. Whether that'll be by rounding up Republicans to convict Trump I'm not sure but that's not impossible. But if not that he'll have another way.

2 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

The American remake of Parasite sounds shit. Bit OTT

Ha (out of upvotes)! I saw a really good tweet last week: headline: 'Bruce Willis asked to leave shop for not wearing a mask'. Caption: 'The new Die Hard sequel plot needs a bit of work'.

23 hours ago, eFestivals said:

No one will vote for Junior or Ivanka or the ones whose names I can't even remember.

OK, not no one. It might cost a few Republicans their seats, but not many. And four years from now is a very long time for someone who's lost their main platform to manage to stay relevant when most Republican voters don't care one way or another for Trump.

Moscow Mitch will be weighing it all up, and will know that the best strategy will be to disable Trump sooner rather than later. Whether that'll be by rounding up Republicans to convict Trump I'm not sure but that's not impossible. But if not that he'll have another way.

The spare son he seems to give even less of a shit about is called Eric. Donald once stood up at a family event and said to his wife Lara in front of everyone, something along the lines of I don't even know who the f@ck you are. And this was after she'd been married to his son for years.

19 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Pardons can’t cover everything lol

Love to see them all go to prison. Though I think Manafort is prob the worst:

"One daughter purportedly tells another that their father regularly made their mother have sex with a “room full of men”."

https://spectator.us/topic/mom-tested-stds-manaforts-home-life/

His mate Stone's got similar form to be fair. Though he was merely caught out advertising for men to come around and have threesomes with him and his wife.

Edited by Homer

12 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Yeah how about no. I'll continue to criticise; just because he's "not Trump" doesn't mean he's beyond reproach. You sure seem to be rather naive for someone that's so good at reading the "writing on the wall"  lmao

Fuck the oligarchy and fuck imperialism.

Just confirm your stance here... You're saying that Biden's lifting of the ban is worthy of criticism and reproach? 

He should have kept the ban in place?

34 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Yeah how about no. I'll continue to criticise; just because he's "not Trump" doesn't mean he's beyond reproach. You sure seem to be rather naive for someone that's so good at reading the "writing on the wall"  lmao

Fuck the oligarchy and fuck imperialism.

Obviously you’re allowed to have your opinions, but it doesn’t help that you’re vocalising them whilst sounding like a first year politics student, with an added heap of ‘fUcK tHe SyStEm’. Biden’s been in a week and in attempting to criticise him/his presidency already is just making you seem like a jackass, especially when you were gunning for his failure from the day he got elected.

Do better.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Obviously you’re allowed to have your opinions, but it doesn’t help that you’re vocalising them whilst sounding like a first year politics student, with an added heap of ‘fUcK tHe SyStEm’. Biden’s been in a week and in attempting to criticise him/his presidency already is just making you seem like a jackass, especially when you were gunning for his failure from the day he got elected.

Do better.

So when am I allowed to criticise him? Seems people were happy to criticise Trump before he was even elected, so why can't the same rule apply here? 🥴

40 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

Just confirm your stance here... You're saying that Biden's lifting of the ban is worthy of criticism and reproach? 

He should have kept the ban in place?

lolz nice try m8, you're not gonna get me that easily. I am nothing if not a defender of transgender (and LGBT+) rights. Although as a cis-man there are some aspects which I won't understand, I do try to be conscious and open-minded. However, stuff like this is just an empty gesture just for the sake of optics. Firstly, even it is a good policy; will those transgender people get the support they need? What will Biden do to combat the transphobic culture that is still rife within the military (and society as a whole)?

Secondly, there are much bigger issues that trans people face; they suffer disproportionately from violence, harassment, homelessness, unemployment, discrimination, depression, more barriers to healthcare etc. So maybe we should  focus on all of those first? As president and with all those executive orders, i'm sure he could do more. But yeah sure, allowing more people into the military so they can murder folks in other countries is really the step forward we need. USA USA USA! 🥴

6 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

So when am I allowed to criticise him? Seems people were happy to criticise Trump before he was even elected, so why can't the same rule apply here? 🥴

lolz nice try m8, you're not gonna get me that easily. I am nothing if not a defender of transgender (and LGBT+) rights. Although as a cis-man there are some aspects which I won't understand, I do try to be conscious and open-minded. However, stuff like this is just an empty gesture just for the sake of optics. Firstly, even it is a good policy; will those transgender people get the support they need? What will Biden do to combat the transphobic culture that is still rife within the military (and society as a whole)?

Secondly, there are much bigger issues that trans people face; they suffer disproportionately from violence, harassment, homelessness, unemployment, discrimination, depression, more barriers to healthcare etc. So maybe we should  focus on all of those first? As president and with all those executive orders, i'm sure he could do more. But yeah sure, allowing more people into the military so they can murder folks in other countries is really the step forward we need. USA USA USA! 🥴

I wasn't trying to 'get' you, and sorry you think my question was lol-worthy. You singled out this one policy decision and deemed it worthy of reproach, and I was curious why.  You say we should focus on these other issues, but you're the one who brought up this particular issue. I appreciate you don't like US militarism / imperialism, but the issue in this particular policy decision is freedom of choice for transgender people - they now have the freedom to choose whether they join the military, they are now not subject to laws prejudiced against them whereas before they were.

I'm sure from your perspective this is all about optics, but I think for many transgender people this is an important and impactful change, not an empty gesture, that affects how they are seen and accepted in society, and for a small number, it will change drastically what they are able to do with their lives (ie. join the military). 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I mean, Trump did a pretty good job of attracting criticism on his campaign trail before being elected, y’know, with all the racism, misogyny, and generally being an awful person.

Now granted Biden isn’t sin-free, although his controversy largely comes from silly gaffs he’s prone to making, but it really seems like you’re digging for controversy that isn’t there.

A time will come to criticise Biden, you can be sure of it, but as it stands you’re really reaching. You might as well be coming on here and complaining about his Rolex.