U.S. Presidential Election

FloorFiller

7 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Thought the exact same - can't believe he's as old as he is to be honest! Still haven't watched the Broadway show on Netflix and this has given me the push to do so

You've just reminded me I really enjoyed this film in which Bruce Springsteen's music played a key part and I've been meaning to read the book it was based upon.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blinded_by_the_Light_(2019_film)

Thought we’d be waiting longer than that. Good stuff. I’m not sure how this is gonna go, especially with McConnell back to overplaying his hand, but fingers crossed Trump gets stripped of all those lovely privileges he’s now afforded and stopped from ever running again. The MAGA uproar would be quite something. 

5 hours ago, ian the worm said:

How long is the impeachment trial likely to take?  

Takes a few weeks at least cause theres lots of procedure. There wont be any bs like the last time cause Dems are in charge. 

🤨🤔

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2021-01-22/trump-campaign-paid-organizers-of-pre-riot-rally-2-7-million?__twitter_impression=true

Edited by Suprefan

30 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It was great this morning when I woke up, looked at my phone and saw the news notification said "The president..." and then I realised I didn't have to think "oh shit, what has he done now?"

Unless he's died of old age 😵

Apologies - that's in very poor taste, but I am quite pissed!

1 hour ago, Punksnotdead said:

Unless he's died of old age 😵

Apologies - that's in very poor taste, but I am quite pissed!

News outlets are already trying to find things to criticize him about and its barely been 2 days. Its a terrible thing that he has a Peloton bike and that he mightve worn a Rolex at the Inauguration. Its Obama in a tan suit all over again.

Edited by Suprefan

What’s one lie that the Maga lot keen spinning about Trump which is just total farce?

To me it’s when they say he made peace with North Korea, as if that’s true at all. Also why do we want to cosy up and be chummy with a nation which openly violates human rights? Some MAGA supporters want fascism so bad

Edited by Matt42

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

What’s one lie that the Maga lot keen spinning about Trump which is just total farce?

To me it’s when they say he made peace with North Korea, as if that’s true at all. Also why do we want to cosy up and be chummy with a nation which openly violates human rights?

That sounds like the start of Borat 2 when Kazakhstan wants to be part of Trump's tough guy club.

Off the top of my head.

Trump being nominated for the Nobel peace prize (anyone can be nominated) for his peace efforts was laughable.

He can't be bought by the corrupt businessmen unlike other politicians because he's already a corrupt businessman.

He's a self made billionaire even though he's inherited most of his money and after a series of bankruptcies his business model is that now of Paris Hilton where he just licenses his name on stupid shit. 

The Trump wall on the Mexican border was fudged numbers where he's including the repairs to the existing wall as a new wall.

Giving a 4 year tax cut to all in his first term which after 4 years turns to an increase tax on poor with the rich staying the same cut rate.

The shit just carries on.

24 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Not that they did a good job of it, but trying to de-escalate tensions with North Korea was about the only thing the Trump administration were in the right on.

But I don’t think they did though. North Korea use America as a weapon to frighten their people - but they don’t plan on attacking America at all.

Trump wanted to join in on the game because it’s all just a silly game to him.

Apparently Kim is the biggest consumer of American media and absolutely loves America. He doesn’t want war at all - he just wants to give his country the idea they are winning a war against America, and he liked that Trump wanted to play ball. It’s all theatre that Trump was very happy joining in with.

Edited by Matt42

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

But I don’t think they did though. North Korea use America as a weapon to frighten their people - but they don’t plan on attacking America at all.

Trump wanted to join in on the game because it’s all just a silly game to him.

Apparently Kim is the biggest consumer of American media and absolutely loves America. He doesn’t want war at all - he just wants to give his country the idea they are winning a war against America, and he liked that Trump wanted to play ball. It’s all theatre that Trump was very happy joining in with.

The doc I watched said it was all one big photo op for Trump (his big concern behind the scenes was working out the camera angles) and the whole peace agreement fell through quickly anyway.

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

That'll be a relief to the 10 million people who live in Seoul. 

But I don't disagree regarding the propaganda interests of both sides.

40 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

That'll be a relief to the 10 million people who live in Seoul. 

But I don't disagree regarding the propaganda interests of both sides.

I think what I’ve realised is that trump always did exactly what Kim, Putin, and any other tyrant wanted him to do. Under the guise that he was standing up for America, trump did an awful lot of things which actually benefitted foreign interests.