U.S. Presidential Election

FloorFiller

1 minute ago, Suprefan said:

You know thats not happening til probably 2-3am or so? 

get your popcorn

If I’m not mistaken they’re part of this current virtual parade thing and not the later celebrations, although probably the final act of it so god knows when that will be.

Also lol fuck those guys. 

2 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

You know thats not happening til probably 2-3am or so? 

get your popcorn

Not sure if you have seen all this stuff on the below thread about Lauren Boebert and what she was up to on the 6th. 

Can't verify it but she is one wacky, dangerous representative, and should not be anywhere near anything or anyone sensitive.

I have only just realised how long US politics has been in my life.  I was born the same month as JFK was elected and he was assasinated the day before my 3rd birthday.  It left an impression 😀

As a teenager I got intrigued by the Watergate scandal. Then at school in mock debates over the Ford/Carter debate.

Then at university watching all night for Reagan v Carter.  So since then it's become a bit of a habit.

This is only the second time I've truly celebrated the result, Obama being the first.

56 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

If I’m not mistaken they’re part of this current virtual parade thing and not the later celebrations, although probably the final act of it so god knows when that will be.

Also lol fuck those guys. 

Yeah, i guess i read it wrong as to what they were part of.

Some thoughts before bed.

- I really hope Trump or his family run as independent or a new party, I really do. Simply because you can tell Trump believes all 75m votes were for him and he can take them to a new party with him. He clearly doesn’t believe that some of the electorate will be lifelong Republican supporters not Trump supporters.

- If they do hypothetically run. Do you think they could win any states? I reckon Idaho and Wyoming at a push - but this would be disastrous for the republicans either way. This may be exactly what the democrats need if they want to win Texas. A little chink off the republican majority in Texas may win them the state.

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Some thoughts before bed.

- I really hope Trump or his family run as independent or a new party, I really do. Simply because you can tell Trump believes all 75m votes were for him and he can take them to a new party with him. He clearly doesn’t believe that some of the electorate will be lifelong Republican supporters not Trump supporters.

- If they do hypothetically run. Do you think they could win any states? I reckon Idaho and Wyoming at a push - but this would be disastrous for the republicans either way. This may be exactly what the democrats need if they want to win Texas. A little chink off the republican majority in Texas may win them the state.

California?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

I personally think we will not hear from Trump again. He will go quiet and go into hiding. The “we will see you again” thing he mentioned in his speech was very interesting - felt like yet another dog whistle.

I reckon the Q cult will feel like he’s gone away to plot a return, and they will speak of his return like a second coming - he’s planning something big. They will speculate this right until he dies, and then claim Trump faked his death and was silenced.

Cant remember who shared but the study about conspiracy nuts doubling down when they are proven wrong is really interesting. I think it’s spot on. I’m trying to think of realistic ways that they can double down on this. Not to give them any ideas but trump going away and plotting a big return sounds pretty likely...

If Trump starts his own party, that will be the end of the GOP as a political force for a generation. 

I really don’t get trump’s game here, because this is exactly the motivation needed to get GOPers to vote for his conviction at the impeachment and bat him from running.

the only thing I can think is that he is spitefully taking the party down with him.

11 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

If Trump starts his own party, that will be the end of the GOP as a political force for a generation. 

I really don’t get trump’s game here, because this is exactly the motivation needed to get GOPers to vote for his conviction at the impeachment and bat him from running.

the only thing I can think is that he is spitefully taking the party down with him.

Trump was never a Republican. He joined the Republican Party because it was easier to get to the top and probably more cross-over with his politics.

Trump doesn’t care if the Republican Party sinks. The GOP collapsing means nothing to him. When he lead the party it was the Trump party. Getting his own party means he’s the centre of attention again.

*The republicans took a beating after Bush with Obama. They had two candidates that didn’t stand a chance. The party was on its knees and they needed fresh blood. It was the perfect time for Trump to come in and make it his own

Edited by Matt42

9 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Just watched Gaga. She didn't mess about with the song at all, just delivered a straightforward, but massively powerful rendition. 

That's a good thing.

I thought her rendition was incredible, such power and passion in her voice. She’s brilliant.

Overall, what a day, the whole thing hit me so much more than I thought it was going to. Like many things through the pandemic I’m really happy I could watch and share it with all you fine folks.

I mentioned it earlier but for me the most memorable moment was the quote from Amanda Gorman. I want to say it again as I find there’s something very powerful knowing that future generations will be looking back on these times and we are part of something historic. She said:

“For while we have our eyes on the future,

History has its eyes on us.”

❤️

• Like 1