U.S. Presidential Election

FloorFiller

3 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

I remain baffled at Trump's continued use of gay anthem YMCA.

I also found him using You Can't Always Get What you Want weird as well from a purely messaging standpoint - was it a dig at Hillary voters? I know that a big part of his political persona is defeating his opponents more than uplifting his own supporters.

They used Macho Man too, which is prob even gayer (and better TBF) than YMCA.

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

What a historic day. When I was younger and studying history I thought the times we lived through were so dull in comparison. I can no longer say that, the historic events of recent years will be remembered and studied for years to come. 

you#'re living in historic times but not because of Trump. He'll go down as an anomaly rather than a big figure because despite the big gob he hasn't actually done anything to make himself stand out apart from making a fool of himself.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

you#'re living in historic times but not because of Trump. He'll go down as an anomaly rather than a big figure because despite the big gob he hasn't actually done anything to make himself stand out apart from making a fool of himself.

Very soon he will be nothing more than the punchline to any number of jokes, a yardstick by which to measure terribleness.

I know that he is that now, but I mean, soon he will be only that.

23 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

If that "Space Force" thing becomes legit rather than the Star Trek cosplay it appears to be his name will always be associated with it every time it comes up.

Trump deciding to have his own pathetic little send off this morning and not attending the inauguration is the best thing that could’ve happened. So nice not to see his sweaty glowing sour puss popping up amongst everybody there.

Pence is a piece of shit but good on him for being there, even if he is getting shunned somewhat by a few people there.

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Trump deciding to have his own pathetic little send off this morning and not attending the inauguration is the best thing that could’ve happened. So nice not to see his sweaty glowing sour puss popping up amongst everybody there.

Pence is a piece of shit but good on him for being there, even if he is getting shunned somewhat by a few people there.

I like Andy Zaltzman's joke on the latest Bugle about Trump being the first president not to attend the inauguration of his successor since 1963, but at least JFK had a really good excuse.

14 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Sky news guy just commented on William Harrison's demise 31 days after taking office, and quipped "I don't think there's much chance of that happening here, haha"

Mate. There's a pandemic on. Careful with your words!

The west wing GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

I thought the same thing.