U.S. Presidential Election

FloorFiller

Although this is seemingly a normal amount for an outgoing president, I’m sure those receiving these pardons will fall far more in line with ‘me, my criminal friends, and my family’ rather than the usual falsely imprisoned  people etc that previous presidents have offered them to. One last shitshow before he’s out the door:

Edited by FloorFiller

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Although this is seemingly a normal amount for an outgoing president, I’m sure those receiving these pardons will fall far more in line with ‘me, my criminal friends, and my family’ rather than the usual falsely imprisoned  people etc that previous presidents have offered them to. One last shitshow before he’s out the door:

that's $200M for Donny.

13 minutes ago, jump said:

There’s talk of three of the Trump-lings running for Senate. They seem to be targeting currently Republican states, which seems odd unless there’s gonna be a new MAGA 3rd party.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2021/01/trump-allies-ivanka-challenge-rubio-florida-senate.html?via=rss_socialflow_twitter

Hopefully a bunch of legal troubles will prevent any of this from actually happening. 

25 minutes ago, jump said:

There’s talk of three of the Trump-lings running for Senate. They seem to be targeting currently Republican states, which seems odd unless there’s gonna be a new MAGA 3rd party.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2021/01/trump-allies-ivanka-challenge-rubio-florida-senate.html?via=rss_socialflow_twitter

That would be great. Split that Republican vote..

3 hours ago, Ted Dansons Wig said:

That would be great. Split that Republican vote..

But if theyre trying to straight up primary other gop candidates than they are running as the same party and then its just useless.  And then it gets tricky if they did win in Florida for example and tried to get back to the White House. Florida election laws prohibit anyone from appearing on the ballot more than once. You either run for one or the other. All its going to be is to raise money and steal it all, nothing else. They can sell all the new maga merch they want but we know plenty of election finance laws will have been broken. It wont matter anyway when theyre all in jail for state crimes.

Would be interesting if the US tries to go the third party route with the MAGA lot. 

It would massively shake up their elections as they have one of the most solid two party systems globally. There hasn’t been a significant third party for many years. 

Trump is definitely a focus point for highlighting everything wrong with American politics. 

42 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Would be interesting if the US tries to go the third party route with the MAGA lot. 

It would massively shake up their elections as they have one of the most solid two party systems globally. There hasn’t been a significant third party for many years. 

Trump is definitely a focus point for highlighting everything wrong with American politics. 

I have been following a US political commentator for years who has been consistently calling for a challenge to the 2 party system.  When Trump was elected he (to paraphrase) announced "be careful what you wish for"

1 hour ago, squirrelarmy said:

Sounds good to me. Hopefully it will do to their right what multiple parties have done to the left over here - rarely being in government.

7 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

If it did splinter into that, then you take the senators and some of the reps and put them in that column. not all of the gop reps who voted against the election would be that extreme so theyre stuck in the middle. It would also give more power to a 3rd party that had just enough votes in either house to swing bill passings a certain way. It will end up like the bbc series Years and Years where the new party Emma Thomspons  character created had all of the power because they had the swing votes in parliament.But this is all theory because if they all go to jail, it wont matter.

Trump will never get in again. He came along at a time when the American public were fed up with the usual lies and deceit from archetypal politicians so they chose a radically different route and that "social experiment" backfired spectacularly. But not everyone who voted for Trump is a QAnon right-wing nutjob. A great deal of sound-minded people gave him a shot (it was arguably that demographic that got him over the line in the first place) but they won't make that mistake again, I'm certain. The vote result showed that and the recent events will have only reinforced it.

We've certainly not seen the back of Trump in the political arena but back in the hot seat? I very much doubt it.

Edited by Supernintendo Chalmers

2 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Trump will never get in again. He came along at a time when the American public were fed up with the usual lies and deceit from archetypal politicians so they chose a radically different route and that "social experiment" backfired spectacularly. But not everyone who voted for Trump is a QAnon right-wing nutjob. A great deal of sound-minded people gave him a shot but they won't make that mistake again, I'm certain. The vote result showed that and the recent events will have only reinforced it.

We've certainly not seen the back of Trump in the political arena but back in the hot seat? I very much doubt it.

Aye no question. Like I’ve said before, the same show of force that came out to vote him out this time will continue to show up to keep him, his offspring and anybody vaguely related and/or similar to them out of the highest office in the future for a long while now. He’s basically secured the Democrats the Presidency for the next twelve years at least, I’d say, with the coup attempt sealing the deal.

The ultra right wing media site Parler which was used to help organise the protests has made a return after all the major tech companies blacklisted it. 

You honestly can’t make this up but the new location of the Parler servers is going to be in Russia 😂

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-parler-russia/parler-partially-reappears-with-support-from-russian-technology-firm-idUSKBN29N23N

Edited by squirrelarmy

30 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Aye no question. Like I’ve said before, the same show of force that came out to vote him out this time will continue to show up to keep him, his offspring and anybody vaguely related and/or similar to them out of the highest office in the future for a long while now. He’s basically secured the Democrats the Presidency for the next twelve years at least, I’d say, with the coup attempt sealing the deal.

Just wait til we seem to think yet again a female cant run the country, especially a black one. Right now the goal is to make gains in the midterms and then let Joe hand it off to the the young ones. Maybe statehood for Dc and Puerto Rico become a reality.