U.S. Presidential Election

FloorFiller

I really don’t want to give this guy any more airtime than necessary, but it sounds like Trumps send off is gonna be hilariously garish if he gets it his way so I may have to find somewhere to watch some of it.

And of course he’s doing it this way because the inauguration later that day can’t/won’t be similarly jam packed with adoring crowds and fan fair so it’s another way for him to think he’s the real winner here and get one last ego boost as president:

55 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I really don’t want to give this guy any more airtime than necessary, but it sounds like Trumps send off is gonna be hilariously garish if he gets it his way so I may have to find somewhere to watch some of it.

And of course he’s doing it this way because the inauguration later that day can’t/won’t be similarly jam packed with adoring crowds and fan fair so it’s another way for him to think he’s the real winner here and get one last ego boost as president:

Well he won't get many Washington DC fans turning out and Airbnb have suspended all bookings  in the area so not sure how many adoring crowds there will be for him.

10 minutes ago, Lizzim said:

Well he won't get many Washington DC fans turning out and Airbnb have suspended all bookings  in the area so not sure how many adoring crowds there will be for him.

Ha, didn’t know that about AirBnB. Plus I just saw that apparently this is all just still what he wants at the moment and not something that’s confirmed to happen, so would be even funnier if he doesn’t get this kind of send off at all and instead just pisses off on his plane on an empty airfield. 

6 hours ago, maelzoid said:

What, like his demeanour and general attitude...?

Just listened to  QAnon podcast and it turns out Q hasn’t posted since 8 December - so the whole thing is now self-sustaining. And it turns out the cop who got beaten to death had a Parler account and was QAnon himself. Mental. 

https://www.stitcher.com/show/qanon-anonymous/episode/episode-125-coup-anon-feat-elle-reeve-eleanor-janega-80713691

21 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I don’t know who the fuck this My Pillow guy is but I find it hilarious that he’s seemingly part of whatever Trumps end game plan is which will inevitably crash and burn:

More 5D chess. Trump's the queen, My Pillow Man is a knight: we're all pawns.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

I don’t know who the fuck this My Pillow guy is but I find it hilarious that he’s seemingly part of whatever Trumps end game plan is which will inevitably crash and burn:

he helped bail out kyle rittenhouse. the kid who killed 2 people in wisconsin after driving up there to ''defend'' property that isnt his?

51 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Twitter’s founder said he was not happy about the decision to ban Trump because it sets a dangerous precedent.

He just doesn't want Twitter to be seen as publisher of the content there, as soon as they show they have editorial control then they become responsible for everything.

21 hours ago, maelzoid said:

I think Farage is a minor player here as well - he was a courier for the leaked Russian hack to Assange. Both essentially have interfered with the 2016 US election.

Farage is a big player. He was the link to Steve Bannon and thus the Mercers (Trump's biggest backer, behind Breitbart), which is how the Leave campaigns ended up borrowing Cambridge Analytica, etc illegally/for free.

1 minute ago, mcshed said:

He just doesn't want Twitter to be seen as publisher of the content there, as soon as they show they have editorial control then they become responsible for everything.

Hmmmm. They've always had editorial control via their t&c's.

And govts have been saying that social platforms should take more responsibility and act faster towards 'bad' content else they'll have to more-harshly regulate them, and as soon as twitter takes more responsibility and acts faster towards 'bad' content govts are saying they'll have to more-harshly regulate them. 

21 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

If you can control social media you can control a countries population. Brexit is a prime example of what you can do to undermine a nation. 

Everyone talks about Qanon and other internet conspiracy groups, they are a nice cover for the people who are actually pulling the strings. 

I read a few months back about how it is possible for anyone (Russia) to identify people who are ripe for radicalisation via Facebook, then bombard them with propaganda/fake news, then complete the job by providing them with materials on how to start civil unrest. Uncanny! And an extremely cheap/risk-free way of doing the job.

Edited by Homer

All these dumbasses thinking Trump is gonna pardon them in his last few days in office. I mean, I wouldn’t put it past him, but I also doubt he gives a shit as they’re not wealthy friends of his who have piles of dirt on him to blackmail him with. 

Also lol at that lawyer doing a bang-up job of getting his guy and Trump in deep shit.