U.S. Presidential Election

FloorFiller

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

NEW: Rudy Giuliani claims FBI is wrong, and antifa is behind the "key violence" at the Capitol (including propping up Air Force vet Ashli Babbitt before she was shot), and that he has evidence, coming from MAGA infiltrators, that he plans to give to the U.S. Attorney's Office.

Giuliani also insists: "I'm not crazy"

I think he's cracked it!

Trying to get those legal fees he will never see by drumming up more fake evidence. Also we might see 45 testify at the impeachment trial because he is willing to take the stand. thats gonna be very interesting. This thing should be on pay per view to watch a meltdown on the stand. Hoping Justice Roberts would find him in contempt.

10 hours ago, jparx said:

I might be very wrong in hindsight, but I think Trump will lay low for a bit now. The cultists may well do something, but Trump has called for no violence and I think there’s a decent chance he heads to Florida and lays low for the next week. 

The pardon trick probably won’t work ultimately since a judge could still rule that a president cannot pardon himself if he ever is brought to trial, and as noted it doesn’t protect him from state trials. If he does anything else stupid in the next week, it may well tip the number of rebel Republicans over the edge for the senate vote and he could end up in a real mess. His best bet would be to stay quiet for the next few weeks until the senate trial is over, hope he gets through that, then start up the Maga machine again for 2024.

His best best would have been to lay low since November, but look where we're at now. There's a reason he has fought so hard to overturn this election beyond merely his ego. It's looking like his criminal liability is quite severe and he needs the protection the presidency affords. I think in the years after his presidency even more will come out showing a level of criminality during his four years that will profoundly shock the world. He is a desperate man.

7 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Thats cause it was written by somebody else thats trying to make it seem that he is sane. 

Well zello.

If there was a plan, there was a conspiracy. This definitely lifts it from merely a riot to insurrection / sedition / treason and the penalties rise significantly. How far does this conspiracy reach hopefully we will find out soon, but I'd be stunned if someone in Trump's inner circle (if not the man himself) is not linked to it.

Trump’s next moves will be very interesting. He knows he’s got a shitload of legal troubles waiting on his doorstep the moment he’s no longer president, so I do wonder if he’s planning on fleeing the country on or before January 20. I can’t imagine somebody like him is willing to just sit around and wait for the shitstorm to hit him when he and everybody else can see it coming a mile off. 

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Trump’s next moves will be very interesting. He knows he’s got a shitload of legal troubles waiting on his doorstep the moment he’s no longer president, so I do wonder if he’s planning on fleeing the country on or before January 20. I can’t imagine somebody like him is willing to just sit around and wait for the shitstorm to hit him when he and everybody else can see it coming a mile off. 

Reports are that a flight has been scheduled to Scotland on the 19th, which prompted Nicola Sturgeon to publicly say he wasn't welcome. My suspicion would be that Scotland is merely a stopping off point before he moves on to a more sympathetic country where he would be safe from deportation eg. Saudi Arabia. a flight plan to Scotland looks far less suspicious than one to SA.

Just now, maelzoid said:

Reports are that a flight has been scheduled to Scotland on the 19th, which prompted Nicola Sturgeon to publicly say he wasn't welcome. My suspicion would be that Scotland is merely a stopping off point before he moves on to a more sympathetic country where he would be safe from deportation eg. Saudi Arabia. a flight plan to Scotland looks far less suspicious than one to SA.

Yeah that’s my belief too. ‘Going to play golf in Scotland to avoid the inauguration coverage’ is the perfect cover for him leaving the U.S. entirely. 

Although I certainly hope that doesn’t happen and he has to pay for his crimes, for pure entertainment value a just former president fleeing the country would be pretty incredible.

1 minute ago, squirrelarmy said:

Would be a perfect time for a heavy snow storm grounding all flights out of DC. Come on weather, you can do this! 

Yes, come on weather. Heavy snow in the DC area from the 18th. And beautiful sunny weather in Somerset in June!

Actually some severe snow near all the state capitals would go a long way to quelling any unrest.

22 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

SA is not a bad shout.  For pure comedy though, I'd love to see him in Russia.

30 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

After all who wants to be in Ayrshire in January? It just doesn't add up. Apologies to@Ayrshire Chris who presumably has no choice in the matter. 

1 hour ago, found home in 2009 said:

What's the chances QAnon is Russian or that Russia helped stoke this fire? Can't help but wonder if Trump is a useful idiot for them.

And if Russia was involved do you think the US authorities would admit it publicly or would it get dealt with in the background?

Trumps links to Russia and business dealings and debts to them have been long known:

https://www.vogue.com/article/sarah-kendzior-interview-hiding-in-plain-sight-donald-trump

QAnon was pushed (initially anyway) by an American Trumper operating out of the Phillipines. Am sure the Russians will have been pouring petrol on it since it took off though!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, maelzoid said:

His best best would have been to lay low since November, but look where we're at now. There's a reason he has fought so hard to overturn this election beyond merely his ego. It's looking like his criminal liability is quite severe and he needs the protection the presidency affords. I think in the years after his presidency even more will come out showing a level of criminality during his four years that will profoundly shock the world. He is a desperate man.

I wonder if it will be like Jimmy Saville, where the really shocking shizzle only comes out once he is deceased.

15 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I’m expecting there to be a huge Epstein link. As well as ties to Russia

Have you seen the Epstein series on Netflix? There's a cracking twist at the end (not specifically relayed to Trump - but doesn;t bode well for whoever he was in with!).

4 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Marjorie Taylor Greene is writing up articles of impeachment against Joe Biden on January 21st. What a fucking idiot:

Of course this will go nowhere, but I am curious as to how far it will get. Will it even get as far as a vote? It will be good to know how many of the GOP congress support it and vote for it, I suspect a list very similar to the list of those who objected to the collegiate vote last week.

13 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

I’ve not managed to find a news link of his speech that’s available in Europe but someones uploaded it to YouTube. 

I’m not sure who this is but it’s not the same Trump that’s been spouting nonsense for years. 

Deepfake!