U.S. Presidential Election

FloorFiller

I know that many of us were expecting this kind of nonsense in some way it is no less shocking to watch it play out.  Undoubtedly the police are going to get some stick for the difference in how they've treated this mob and the treatment of those demonstrating who were cleared so Trump could hold a bible upside down in a park.  I do think however that they have done a decent job of preventing escalation thus far at least.

5 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Undoubtedly the police are going to get some stick for the difference in how they've treated this mob and the treatment of those demonstrating who were cleared so Trump could hold a bible upside down in a park.  I do think however that they have done a decent job of preventing escalation thus far at least.

In a vacuum, I'm also okay with the way things have been handled since people got inside - this was a situation that had to be given as little chance as possible to escalate further.

The big problems are the fact they were able to get inside in the first place and, as you say, the comparison with how other situations within the last year have been handled.

1 minute ago, Suprefan said:

Just wait for an objection to that and other things get brought up first.

Do you think, or maybe this might have just scared them into realising it's not just a political/legal game. 

Edited by Lizzim

8 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

CNN saying that aides have spoken about the 25th amendment but there are so many lackeys on Trump's cabinet that it's unlikely to happen.

It would also make no material difference whatsoever given he's got less than two weeks in office anyway.