U.S. Presidential Election

FloorFiller

15 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I don’t claim to know much about all of this other than what I see on Reddit/Twitter so maybe I’m way off here, but surely if one wins then the other is likely to win as well? Like, who is gonna vote Dem for one and Rep for the other? Everybody knows what is at stake here.

very likely that that will be the case, but it will possibly be so close that a split is conceivable. It might be like the Florida 2018 senate/governor races where whilst the GOP got up in both, one margin was 10k and one was 33k. Things will run pretty similar but whilst Perdue is an absolute dud of a politician, he continues to hold support. 

I think Dave Wasserman is excellent and my amateur psephology would agree with him  Still lots of vote to come from Atlanta that will get Warnock home. It should get Osoff home but he’s about 1 point behind Warnock in the Atlanta counties so it’s going to run a lot closer

30 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Yeah, the math is favoring Dems so dont sweat the leads right now. Big dumps coming and you know how that has gone so far.

They've said that 171k De Kalb county votes will be coming shortly (maybe in 20 minutes) 

It will roughly break 80-20 dems. That puts Warnock ahead, and Osoff even. You could aggressively call both races now, but this will be the nail in the coffin.

Edited by Gregfc15
spelling

13 minutes ago, Gregfc15 said:

They've said that 171k De Kalb county votes will be coming shortly (maybe in 20 minutes) 

It will roughly break 80-20 dems. That puts Warnock ahead, and Osoff even. You could aggressively call both races now, but this will be the nail in the coffin.

Yeah but the 170k is early votes. Kornaki stated earlier theres some 200k in total to go in dekalb and its going to push ossoff and warnock into the leads and theyll stay there. And the NYT needle is still leaning blue.

Edited by Suprefan
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Yeah but the 170k is early votes. Kornaki stated earlier theres some 200k in total to go in dekalb and its going to push ossoff and warnock into the leads and theyll stay there. And the NYT needle is still leaning blue.

Ah cool, didn't realise they were only early votes. We're on the same page here anyway, just a matter of when. Unless something unexpected happens with this dump then even the most risk adverse person should be happy to call the results. 

Needle Link for anyone else. Also a big fan.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/01/05/us/elections/forecast-georgia-senate-runoff.html

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

So they did it? The Dems have the house, the senate and then presidency? 😲

They need Ossoff to win, but the remaining vote heavily favours him so yes, it looks like The Dems have all three. 

Now they need to push all their stuff through within two years and ignore the republicans.