U.S. Presidential Election

FloorFiller

13 minutes ago, dizzymoo said:

For those of you who love 'Natalie Haynes stands up for the classics' on Radio 4 (I'm sure most of you do), here's her delightful response to some idiot's suggestion that Trump is like a mythical Greek hero

That was great - and i had never heard of this show?! I love her books so thanks so much for bringing this slice of brilliance to my attention.

I’m getting shocked more and more as this goes on how cult like MAGA is becoming.

It’s conditioned belief that

Absolutely everyone is in on something for some reason. Everything is a grand conspiracy with some extremely muddled end goal.

Everything on the news is fake. It’s all staged and part of some grand conspiracy.

Millions of people across the world are somehow part of this grand conspiracy without anything leaking.

I don’t understand how people can fall to these depths. The QAnon maga lot in my family genuinely believe that trump is the only person speaking truth in the whole world and he is being persecuted. They now believe that Fox News has been bought by the grand conspiracy. 

Instead of this one person being wrong (trump) absolutely everyone else is “in on it”.

Edited by Matt42

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’m getting shocked more and more as this goes on how cult like MAGA is becoming.

Absolutely everyone is in on something for some reason. Everything is a grand conspiracy with some extremely muddled end goal.

Everything on the news is fake. It’s all staged and part of some grand conspiracy.

Millions of people across the world are somehow part of this grand conspiracy without anything leaking.

I don’t understand how people can fall to these depths. The QAnon maga lot in my family genuinely believe that trump is the only person speaking truth in the whole world and he is being persecuted. They now believe that Fox News has been bought by the grand conspiracy. 

Instead of this one person being wrong (trump) absolutely everyone else is “in on it”.

It mostly boils down to incredibly poor education, and it’s no coincidence that the places Trump won this year are amongst the most poorly educated states in America, which is something he has fed off for the last four years as he has acted as their voice despite him not being anything like them and admitting in private that they disgust him. 

But also a lot of people just like the excuse to act like their worst selves and have the president encourage it, so go along with all the other bullshit as well.

Its gonna take a LONG time for America to get back on track. Trump has set large portions of it back decades.

18 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I blame the internet.