U.S. Presidential Election

FloorFiller

18 minutes ago, zero000 said:

2nd this that story was brilliant. Absolutely wild that this went from an online role playing game to a widespread conspiracy theory!

Is this a podcast? Has anyone got a link please?

Found the pod but there are quite a few eps!

Edited by Homer

7 minutes ago, Homer said:

Is this a podcast? Has anyone got a link please?

Found the pod but there are quite a few eps!

Is it this one?

https://gimletmedia.com/shows/reply-all/n8homa/122-the-qanon-code

or ths one

https://gimletmedia.com/shows/reply-all/llhe5nm

Edited by Copperface

2 hours ago, Homer said:

Q's fallen silent too. It has basically hit same problem as Gavin and Stacey, when they wrote themselves into a corner with the stupid 'fishing trip' subplot and had no idea whatsoever how to write their way out of it

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/qanon-donald-trump-2020-us-election-b1721362.html?utm_content=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1605165048

I've never understood all this "when will we find out what happened on the fishing trip" stuff.  It was clearly an incestuous encounter, there's not really a mystery. 

4 minutes ago, Copperface said:

That's the correct Reply All episode. It's a good podcast if anyone's looking for a new one. The episodes where one of the presenters tracks down a scam caller to India are particularly good

• Like 1

Seeing as we've gone off topic, did anyone watch Lower Decks? I managed to find a link to watch them. It was great.

Also really enjoying the new series of Discovery. Right on schedule, season three of a Trek series finds its stride.

Back to memes!

Edited by stuartbert two hats

42 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Seeing as we've gone off topic, did anyone watch Lower Decks? I managed to find a link to watch them. It was great.

Also really enjoying the new series of Discovery. Right on schedule, season three of a Trek series finds its stride.

Back to memes!

I keep forgetting about Lower Decks, must check it out. Have yet to watch Picard too, although there's a strange little niggle putting me off, can't put my finger on why. Watched the first season of Discovery, really enjoyed it. Will hopefully get round to season 2 soon before I forget everything!

To bring it back...

Jesus he's looking at the Faithless Elector route now - this is what is called stealing the election and I'm sure will start civil war :huh:

Hopefully they can't as per this article 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joewalsh/2020/11/05/trump-allies-suggest-electoral-college-could-overturn-a-biden-win-heres-why-that-probably-wouldnt-work/

Edited by shoptildrop

12 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

To bring it back...

Jesus he's looking at the Faithless Elector route now - this is what is called stealing the election and I'm sure will start civil war :huh:

Hopefully they can't as per this article 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joewalsh/2020/11/05/trump-allies-suggest-electoral-college-could-overturn-a-biden-win-heres-why-that-probably-wouldnt-work/

There’s zero chance he can do anything that would actually overturn the election.

Word from inside the White House now seems to be suggesting that he and the GOP are well aware it’s over and that this is all theatre and basically just an attempt to shake shit up one last time before he leaves, which would all be fine if it wasn’t gonna get people hurt due to his base trying to fight his fight for him.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

There’s zero chance he can do anything that would actually overturn the election.

Word from inside the White House now seems to be suggesting that he and the GOP are well aware it’s over and that this is all theatre and basically just an attempt to shake shit up one last time before he leaves, which would all be fine if it wasn’t gonna get people hurt due to his base trying to fight his fight for him.

I hope so, as yeah I know the whole premise is to make his base think Biden's win is illegitimate, but when you see stuff like this it does scare me as I don't put anything past Trump tbh :(