U.S. Presidential Election

FloorFiller

Just throwing this out there - once Trump accepts the loss (which may never actually happen), I struggle to see him remaining in office as a loser until 20th January and playing nice. We’ve seen he’s a president who doesn’t follow tradition. What if he resigns before Jan 20th? I can kinda see him essentially storming out of office and saying “fuck it, I’m outta here then”. In his head he leaves on his own terms.

I either see him fighting this legally right until the last day, or throwing his toys out the pram and quitting.

Edited by jparx

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Just throwing this out there - once Trump accepts the loss (which may never actually happen), I struggle to see him remaining in office as a loser until 20th January and playing nice. We’ve seen he’s a president who doesn’t follow tradition. What if he resigns before Jan 20th? I can kinda see him essentially storming out of office and saying “fuck it, I’m outta here then”. In his head he leaves on his own terms.

I either see him fighting this legally right until the last day, or throwing his toys out the Oran and quitting.

yeah, actually fascinating what he will do...

So just had this "discussion" with a pro-Brexit and pro-Trump who reads all sorts of conspiracy shit and likes to mansplains a lot - I normally interested in different view points but I simply could not take any more from him after this week, so blocked him :( 

image.png.657365b9b7c486e28391afd03c8d8c48.png

image.png.cad7250010b82b8551211d825818da10.png

image.png.04909994fab4759546e87cf8977f0229.png

Its very draining tbh :( 

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

Sadly true. They said something about some seats in Georgia being up for grabs in a special election soon, maybe January, I don't remember. Anyone know anything about that?

Yeah so the two senate races in Georgia are going to a run off election in Jan (neither candidate received over 50% of the vote, so we go again). The democrats need to win both seats to control the senate (Harris would be the tie break).

2 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

and then we had this :( 

image.png.c842815e082e4cec93a4311f38260c22.png

Just ignore them. They’re trying to get a rise. I’m convinced they know it’s BS and it’s just going to go in to overdrive now they’ve LOST. Remember that - they’ve LOST. And they won’t react well to being losers!

Edited by jparx

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

Just ignore them. They’re trying to get a rise. I’m convinced they know it’s BS and it’s just going to go in to overdrive now they’ve LOST. Remember that - they’ve LOST. And they won’t react well to being losers!

oh I finally blocked him as couldn't take much more :( 

2 minutes ago, Chazwozza said:

I bet the Orange Tw@ gets away Scot free. All he has to do is resign, then Pence takes over as president, pardons trump and there you go...  ☹️

My understanding is if he resigns, Biden takes office ASAP. I don’t think it shifts to Pence at this stage?

4 minutes ago, jparx said:

My understanding is if he resigns, Biden takes office ASAP. I don’t think it shifts to Pence at this stage?

As far as I know, the Republican term runs until Jan 20. Biden cannot assume until then. It would go to Pence but if he the resigned or refused, God knows what would happen. Presumably Pelosi takes it until the inauguration date.

• Upvote 1