U.S. Presidential Election

FloorFiller

Calling it a day. Genuinely think PA could be projected tomorrow so excited for another day of this. CNN have been amazing through this and made a really long and arduous election a joy to experience! I can’t wait to get back on tomorrow 😂 

Morning crazy people. Time for another long slog. 

Overnight things haven’t changed much other than the gap closing a lot more in Arizona. 

The news now is that Trump is not going to accept defeat at all. I think he will have to be physically dragged out of the White House. Just looking at his recent twitter feed, he’s retweeting wild conspiracy theories about election fraud. 

This is going to be the biggest election farce in American history. Someone has to take charge inside the White House and take his toys away from him. 

The secret service are going to be in a really difficult position right now. They are sworn to protect the president with their lives. Right now the biggest threat to the president is Trump himself. 

8 hours ago, Kurosagi said:

I seem to remember in 2017 there were some places in London (Tottenham?) that had to stay open a bit longer because of long queues of people who'd left it late in the day.

The poll counters are so bored they love a chat although quickly get grumpy if more people turn up, it can be quite a wind-up if you're in the mood.

Oh yeah I do remember that now you say it. Luckily I've never had that problem.

Just realised we have a London mayoral election next year. Those always seem to have pretty poor turnout from memory. Will be interesting to see how it goes post Covid.

10 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Looks like Biden did do a short speech then?

Yeah, it was about 7 minutes. Just nice to listen to and made you feel better. I think theyre gonna get ready for today though. Pennsylvania is gonna end this thing.

8 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Americans slow at counting or something?

Nobody is gonna give an inch to let a legal challenge fuck it all up. 🤷🏻‍♂️

22 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Arizona seems the only close one now...Trump is closing the gap. Any stats on if Trump has enough coming in? 

PA and GA are over. Biden has them easy. 

If Biden has PA then that's it, he's won. No way for Trump to catch him after that so I think as long as it's looking good there theres no real need to worry about Arizona 

23 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Arizona seems the only close one now...Trump is closing the gap. Any stats on if Trump has enough coming in? 

I don’t think Trump is gaining by enough, it’ll be close but Biden should hold on. 

25 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

The SOS for Arizona said they had 173,000 left to count and 92,000 were from Maricopa county. And of the 173k that 43,000 were provisional, which historically have skewed democrat in Arizona. But they werent going to speculate thats how they would lean. And said the count could be finished by sunday or today if they got lucky. 

Based on analysis of the outstanding vote, which is mainly coming from Democratic states like California, Biden is on course for a popular vote lead of MORE than 6 million votes. It seems like this election wasn’t really close especially as Biden leads 6 of the 8 key swing states. 

6 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Based on analysis of the outstanding vote, which is mainly coming from Democratic states like California, Biden is on course for a popular vote lead of MORE than 6 million votes. It seems like this election wasn’t really close especially as Biden leads 6 of the 8 key swing states. 

Yep it was more of a blue trickle than a blue wave but its getting to where it needs to be and then some*

Funny thing is is that if Biden ends up with 306 that’s the exact amount Trump won by in ‘16 which he claimed was a ‘historic landslide’, although he didn’t get the popular vote that Biden does. Such sweet victory.

edit: * actually it was still a blue wave as the votes were always there - the way they were counted just took the initial impact away. 

Edited by FloorFiller

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Yep it was more of a blue trickle than a blue wave but its getting to where it needs to be and then some. 

Funny thing is is that if Biden ends up with 306 that’s the exact amount Trump won by in ‘16 which he claimed was a ‘historic landslide’, although he didn’t get the popular vote that Biden does. Such sweet victory.

Definitely it would be.

Also imagine if they counted votes the other way round, how things would feel different. 

Can some of you give me a lil bit of peace of mind.

I’m seeing more and more of your usual right wing commentators jumping on the fraud bandwagon missing some pretty important facts about the situation.

Whether trump listens to them or not, he will have some senior political analysts around him which will have seen this coming. They will have looked at the votes he received on Election Day in key swing states and realised that once the democrat ballots come in, he will lose his lead. Don’t you find it strange he claimed victory of PA before the mail in votes were counted? He knew this was coming. His only way out would now be to rally his supporters against democracy to cast doubt on the vote.

I’ve heard it now from the mouths of the nutter wing of my American family that the late votes which come in Arizona favouring trump count, but any mail in ballots that favour democrats are fraudulent. I don’t even know how to approach that conversation as they seem too far gone.

When Trump is called to lose he will be outed from the Republican Party and Fox will turn on him because he will become damaging to the future success of the Republican Party. I’m just worried about QAnon waving Maga’s becoming even more of a cult going forward. It hurts me because I can put faces to names, and these are members of my own family that seem to be going down that path.

I can’t express how angry I am that the fat fucking orange man has corrupted the minds of some people I really care about!

Edited by Matt42

26 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Yeah, it was about 7 minutes. Just nice to listen to and made you feel better. I think theyre gonna get ready for today though. Pennsylvania is gonna end this thing.

Nobody is gonna give an inch to let a legal challenge fuck it all up. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I just saw the highlights. Think he is adopting exactly the right tone.

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Can some of you give me a lil bit of peace of mind.

I’m seeing more and more of your usual right wing commentators jumping on the fraud bandwagon missing some pretty important facts about the situation.

Whether trump listens to them or not, he will have some senior political analysts around him which will have seen this coming. They will have looked at the votes he received on Election Day in key swing states and realised that once the democrat ballots come in, he will lose his lead. Don’t you find it strange he claimed victory of PA before the mail in votes were counted? He knew this was coming. His only way out would now be to rally his supporters against democracy to cast doubt on the vote.

I’ve heard it now from the mouths of the nutter wing of my American family that the late votes which come in Arizona favouring trump count, but any mail in ballots that favour democrats are fraudulent. I don’t even know how to approach that conversation as they seem too far gone.

When Trump is called to lose he will be outed from the Republican Party and Fox will turn on him because he will become damaging to the future success of the Republican Party. I’m just worried about QAnon waving Maga’s becoming even more of a cult going forward. It hurts me because I can put faces to names, and these are members of my own family that seem to be going down that path.

I can’t express how angry I am that the fat fucking orange man has corrupted the minds of some people I really care about!

I would find that very hard to deal with. I already find it hard enough to maintain a relationship with my Brexit supporting, Tory loving dad!