U.S. Presidential Election

FloorFiller

6 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

It doesn't look like we are getting any major updates this evening now does it?

CNN said they’re expecting Pittsburg votes within the next hour or so.

Also i think NV said they’re announcing a second batch of votes in a couple hours.

Edited by jparx

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

How long do we think it will be before it's official? Another few days? A week? Until the electoral votes are counted at the joint session of Congress?

Under normal circumstances, as soon as it’s clear that there’s no hope the loser concedes. 

The orange one will fight it all the way. This next PA vote drop might be enough to call the state though. Think it’s about 30 mins away now before we get that finalised. 

12 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

How long do we think it will be before it's official? Another few days? A week? Until the electoral votes are counted at the joint session of Congress?

Depends what you mean by “official”. Fully official could be weeks. I think it will be called by tomorrow, if not over the next few hours depending on how many of those PA votes come in.

20 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Under normal circumstances, as soon as it’s clear that there’s no hope the loser concedes. 

The orange one will fight it all the way. This next PA vote drop might be enough to call the state though. Think it’s about 30 mins away now before we get that finalised. 

Apologies if I'm behind the curve or if this has already been mentioned before, but didn't know this:

Someone earlier did some magic back of the fag packet calculations and thought that PA might soon move out of the recount range...is that still likely?

6 minutes ago, Kurosagi said:

Apologies if I'm behind the curve or if this has already been mentioned before, but didn't know this:

Someone earlier did some magic back of the fag packet calculations and thought that PA might soon move out of the recount range...is that still likely?

I did some rough calculations but that was before the provisional vote news came in. Without the provisional votes it should avoid the 1% recount margin in PA of about 70k. 

Now it depends on the make up of those provisional votes. It seems that a lot of those votes are people who originally asked for a mail vote but had to vote in person instead.