U.S. Presidential Election

FloorFiller

12 minutes ago, incident said:

Civil war my arse.

The military at both federal and state level will stamp on anyone who tries to start anything.

It'd be a few thousand morons with guns vs the most expensive war machine in human history. I actually kinda want to see them try.

This reddit post nails basically. Basically once the result becomes clear, Trump has few options - and he is going through the motions as the OP expected. 

Nowt 

14 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

8F832B47-83DE-419D-A4F1-C32F0C49064C.thumb.jpeg.6b401c941ca4e5cb838ef47be8ae19d5.jpeg

Its honestly like he's a toddler being told that they can't go to the zoo anymore. No one should have to go in and talk him round, he's the President of the United States, he should be able to realise the writing's on the wall, it honestly beggars belief. But then I don't expect anything less given its Trump we're talking about (70 million people voted for this buffoon!)

I wonder if it's more the shitstorm coming Trump's way once he isn't president that is having him cling on as long as possible more than leaving the job itself. Without presidential power to defend himself I can see a hell of a lot of chickens coming home to roost. 

2 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

I wonder if it's more the shitstorm coming Trump's way once he isn't president that is having him cling on as long as possible more than leaving the job itself. Without presidential power to defend himself I can see a hell of a lot of chickens coming home to roost. 

This is 100% what’s happening. The guy is basically fighting to stay out of prison at this point. A lot of very angry people have got a lot of shit on him once he’s a private citizen again.

13 minutes ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

Where’s that from?

8 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

A mate of mine sent it. Will try find out the source. Probably doing the rounds on social media. 

Don't like to share the daily mail but recognised the format.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8921531/amp/Donald-Trumps-inner-circle-desperate-hunt-person-tell-admit-defeat.html

33 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

This is 100% what’s happening. The guy is basically fighting to stay out of prison at this point. A lot of very angry people have got a lot of shit on him once he’s a private citizen again.

I expect before he leaves in January he will hand out a ton of pardons to people who haven't yet been indicted, including all his kids, and of course himself.

Interesting that in Russia they are considering giving Putin immunity for life, I suspect as part of a package to get him to step down quietly next year. Possibly a good deal for the rest of the world. Trump is probably gunning for a similar deal.

By this time next year, both Trump and Putin likely to be out. Things are beginning to look up....

3 hours ago, Gingerfish79 said:

I get that, and I haven't been following the numbers as obsessively as you guys, but I think there is some way to go before the PA result will be official. The supreme court is currently considering whether the PA supreme court decision to extend was unconstitutional and therefore the ballots that arrived between the close of polling 3 November and 6 November would be struck off. 

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/trump-biden-election-supreme-court-john-yoo

I don’t see them striking off those ballots. Even if the change was unlawful, people cast those votes in good faith believing it was a valid method. If there’s no other evidence of tampering there’s no reason to remove them. Absolute worst case I think is they re-run the vote in PA and I’m not sure Trump wins even then.