U.S. Presidential Election

FloorFiller

CNN just stated that they are starting to get more confident due to the numbers coming in for PA that they will be able to call it for Biden. They are not there yet but are feeling more optimistic about doing it...

Mainly asking @Ozanne as you’ve been watching as closely as I have but has anyone noticed when North Carolina last confirmed results? Being on the East coast I would have expected to see a change at some point today but there’s been no news at all. 

It’s expected to go to Trump but as a Republican state I thought there would be some positive news coming out of there for the ex-president. There is a large amount of uncounted votes. Are they hiding something and could there be another nail in Trumps coffin? 

1 minute ago, squirrelarmy said:

Mainly asking @Ozanne as you’ve been watching as closely as I have but has anyone noticed when North Carolina last confirmed results? Being on the East coast I would have expected to see a change at some point today but there’s been no news at all. 

It’s expected to go to Trump but as a Republican state I thought there would be some positive news coming out of there for the ex-president. There is a large amount of uncounted votes. Are they hiding something and could there be another nail in Trumps coffin? 

1pm ET which is 6pm on November 5th is the last time any votes were updated for NC. Sky News were saying votes coming in last time round were more for Trump.

7 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

1pm ET which is 6pm on November 5th is the last time any votes were updated for NC. Sky News were saying votes coming in last time round were more for Trump.

Thanks. Give it till 6 and if they haven’t confirmed a projection for Trump then we’ll know something is up. 

5 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Thanks. Give it till 6 and if they haven’t confirmed a projection for Trump then we’ll know something is up. 

NC have a rule around ballots arriving late from memory, so they don't actually know how many votes might still come in unlike PA that has them sitting in the counting areas, so they are just being super risk adverse with that call. There won't be enough and Trump will win it.

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Can you call a recount before the votes are even in? GA not even done yet. As Kingy would say - you just gotta keep counting the votes.

They are in the press conference right now in GA. They said that if the vote count is below 0.5% then the campaigns have a right to request a recount.

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

They are in the press conference right now in GA. They said that if the vote count is below 0.5% then the campaigns have a right to request a recount.

Does it vary by state? I’m sure below 1% they can ask for a recount but below 0.5% is automatically a recount? 

Numbers are frying my brain. I need some sleep or whatever Trump is taking to stay awake 

1 minute ago, squirrelarmy said:

Does it vary by state? I’m sure below 1% they can ask for a recount but below 0.5% is automatically a recount? 

Numbers are frying my brain. I need some sleep or whatever Trump is taking to stay awake 

I don't know for sure but I think it varies state by state.