U.S. Presidential Election

FloorFiller

2 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

Anybody got the number?  I'm off work for the foreseeable and need to do something with my time.

1-888-630-1776.

Got this from from a Reddit user who got it from twitter. 

If it is the right number you can tell America still hasn’t moved on from that little skirmish we had with them a couple of centuries ago 🤦‍♂️😂

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

Republican leader of the Senate has tweeted, which is his first since Trump spoke.

Similar statement to the one from Pence. While it seems to be backing up Trump it doesn’t make the outrageous claims that the actual votes being counted are illegal. 

They are distancing themselves from the orange one. 

10 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

They should do, if this was another country they would do. This government and doing the right thing don't go together though.

Yes but trump is on a mission right now to declare anyone against him his enemy. Boris wouldn’t dare.

Just now, squirrelarmy said:

Similar statement to the one from Pence. While it seems to be backing up Trump it doesn’t make the outrageous claims that the actual votes being counted are illegal. 

They are distancing themselves from the orange one. 

It's a classic politician response, saying something without really saying anything at all.

Just now, Matt42 said:

Yes but trump is on a mission right now to declare anyone against him his enemy. Boris wouldn’t dare.

I know that. It's still not the right thing to do., The UK government should always stand up for democracy around the world, hell we've invaded countries for it. They should be standing up and speaking out like other world leaders have done and like Labour have done. They are spineless.

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I know that. It's still not the right thing to do., The UK government should always stand up for democracy around the world, hell we've invaded countries for it. They should be standing up and speaking out like other world leaders have done and like Labour have done. They are spineless.

I’m not defending Boris I’m just observing what’s probably happening.

Were in a waiting period before people really start coming forward to talk negatively about trump. Once it’s clear he has no chance we will see a shift movement as no one wants to go against him while he still has a mandate.

Trust me - over the next few months we will see a wave of people coming forward and chummy public officials expressing joy that we no longer have him in office.

Boris will soon transition from being trumps lap dog to trying to get in Bidens good books. Just you wait. 

Just now, Matt42 said:

I’m not defending Boris I’m just observing what’s probably happening.

Were in a waiting period before people really start coming forward to talk negatively about trump. Once it’s clear he has no chance we will see a shift movement as no one wants to go against him while he still has a mandate.

Trust me - over the next few months we will see a wave of people coming forward and chummy public officials expressing joy that we no longer have him in office.

Boris will soon transition from being trumps lap dog to trying to get in Bidens good books. Just you wait. 

I know what they are doing, I'm saying they shouldn't be doing it and they are spineless for doing so. I know they'll come back and criticise when it suits them to do so, I know how they work. People have been speaking out against Trump already, other world leaders already have. Our Tory government won't because they are spineless toads that suck up to who they feel are the right people just to get an advantage. It will come back to bite them.

21 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Meanwhile our UK Government see's what Trump is doing as says 'hold my beer'.

On a complete sidenote, I, with a guy called Joe, took over the editorship of the school newspaper from Dan and his co-editor Oskar. Both were, and still seem to be, amazing guys. They started the paper themselves, got the school to endorse it, got their mates to write a bunch of stuff and it was actually good. I wrote a few album reviews and random columns for it when they were editors, and then when they left it got handed to Joe and I. Dan did the handover, which was basically showing us how Publisher works and telling us that people would be really bitter about parting with 10p to pay for it. He wasn't wrong about that.

It filled me with a lot of joy when I showed him our first issue and what I had done with one of their long running features and he said 'I can't believe we didn't think of that.' I still have all of the issues from Dan and Oskar's era and all of my era under a bead at my parents' house. After a few issues of our editorship Joe stopped taking an interest, so I became a solo editor for a few months until the final issue. I started typing out a big story about the last issue, but no one asked for that. Ah they were the days. 

But yeah, Dan Bloom. Top guy. We were both crap singers. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, sirjonnyp said:

On a complete sidenote, I, with a guy called Joe, took over the editorship of the school newspaper from Dan and his co-editor Oskar. Both were, and still seem to be, amazing guys. They started the paper themselves, got the school to endorse it, got their mates to write a bunch of stuff and it was actually good. I wrote a few album reviews and random columns for it when they were editors, and then when they left it got handed to Joe and I. Dan did the handover, which was basically showing us how Publisher works and telling us that people would be really bitter about parting with 10p to pay for it. He wasn't wrong about that.

It filled me with a lot of joy when I showed him our first issue and what I had done with one of their long running features and he said 'I can't believe we didn't think of that.' I still have all of the issues from Dan and Oskar's era and all of my era under a bed at my parents' house. After a few issues of our editorship Joe stopped taking an interest, so I became a solo editor for a few months until the final issue. I started typing out a big story about the last issue, but no one asked for that. Ah they were the days. 

But yeah, Dan Bloom. Top guy. We were both crap second tenors. (It wasn't private school, after all). 

3 minutes ago, sirjonnyp said:

It filled me with a lot of joy when I showed him our first issue and what I had done with one of their long running features and he said 'I can't believe we didn't think of that.' I still have all of the issues from Dan and Oskar's era and all of my era under a bead at my parents' house. After a few issues of our editorship Joe stopped taking an interest, so I became a solo editor for a few months until the final issue. I started typing out a big story about the last issue, but no one asked for that. Ah they were the days. 

But yeah, Dan Bloom. Top guy. We were both crap singers. 

Blooming marvellous story.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Trump having no plans to concede just yet isn’t really a surprise. He’s technically not lost yet. Hilary didn’t concede until Trump hit 270 votes.

Biden needs to hit 270 for Trump to concede.

Yeah I don't think anyone would concede before 270, no matter how obvious it looks.