U.S. Presidential Election

FloorFiller

14 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I still think about this moment a weird amount. It was the fact he went on reading that made it so surreal.

I always assumed he did that to keep continuity with the children in the room so as not to scare them. Bush had many faults but empathy was not one of them (well, empathy for people from his own country). Did look strange though.

Just now, sime said:

I always assumed he did that to keep continuity with the children in the room so as not to scare them. Bush had many faults but empathy was not one of them (well, empathy for people from his own country). Did look strange though.

Yeah it’s often looked at as a bit of a blunder but I’ve certainly come around to it as being him just keeping his cool and not freaking the kids out by rushing out of the room. 

I’m sure in his head he was freaking the fuck out and trying to think of what the hell he was gonna do, mind. 

Just now, Kurosagi said:

"...if [Georgia] holds it will kill the president"

CNN are giddy, they can't help themselves! You can see why Trump has despised them from day 1. I wonder how many republicans actually tune into them anymore?

Ha yeah they’re absolutely loving it. A real pleasure to watch them holding back shit eating grins.

Just now, Kurosagi said:

CNN are giddy, they can't help themselves! You can see why Trump has despised them from day 1. I wonder how many republicans actually tune into them anymore?

None, they all watch Fox News.

I’ve just looked at Trumps twitter feed to check facts for myself. Most of his recent tweets are hidden or flagged. A few that have come through are linking articles from far right media sources. 

This is starting to become like modern equivalent of the fall of Berlin in 1945 or the last days of Nero. I can imagine if Twitter and the internet existed back then it would be a similar scene of desperation. 

2 minutes ago, Kurosagi said:

I though Republicans only ever bothered with Fox until Trump started calling them fake news recently and has started turning them onto even more right wing news channels.

7 minutes ago, Kurosagi said:

I'm confused though. Why do they keep saying it will kill Trump as he needs to win the state, but that it doesn't mean Biden will win the presidency??? I get that they have to get to 270, but if Trump can't make it, surely that means Biden has to...?

Just now, Sasperella said:

I'm confused though. Why do they keep saying it will kill Trump as he needs to win the state, but that it doesn't mean Biden will win the presidency??? I get that they have to get to 270, but if Trump can't make it, surely that means Biden has to...?

Theoretically the best Trump can do is get a tie if he loses Georgia.

Won’t happen though, PA will seal the win. Nevada and Arizona will be the icing on the cake. 

1 minute ago, Sasperella said:

If current projections hold then it's game over for Trump. Biden doesn't actually need Georgia as he's so ahead in the EV currently.

4 minutes ago, Kurosagi said:

Okay, I'm going to take one for the team and start watching Fox to see the difference. I'll see how long I last...

I haven't watched it but seen quite a lot on Twitter about how they've upset Trump by refusing to back down on calling Arizona. Think Murdoch has dumped him.

Fox:

"...arguably Biden is outperforming in Georgia, why do you think this is?"

Arguably? No shit.

Oh they're really upset and bricking themselves about the senate race in Georgia. They're trying to convince themselves that R's will run away with the run-off because Dems won't come out in Georgia if Trump's not on the ticket. Funny, I don't think they understand the concept of not missing an opportunity to 'rub it in'. Or am I just being very British?

7 minutes ago, Kurosagi said:

Okay, I'm going to take one for the team and start watching Fox to see the difference. I'll see how long I last...

I flicked it on briefly after the Trump rant to get their reaction. They didn’t even acknowledge that the speech had happened. Just carried on with their usual reporting. 

Trust me

Once trump loses his mandate Fox will dump him. They will go into save the Republican Party mode, not save trump mode.

Its not the time but there are plenty of documentaries out there which show that murdoch was forced to support trump and has never liked him. They supported him in this election because there was a chance the republicans would be out of power if they didn’t.

Now they don’t have to support TRUMP, they will go into protect the party mode!

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

nevada is going to look like a bunch of idiots when they decided to announce their votes this weekend after PA and GA decide the election. Although Ga will enter an automatic recount since the margin will be 0.5% or less.

Not after the inevitable riots in PA and GA...

6 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I haven't watched it but seen quite a lot on Twitter about how they've upset Trump by refusing to back down on calling Arizona. Think Murdoch has dumped him.

Yeah they were the news station that called Arizona, they must be confident as they haven’t retracted that.